GDT: 2023-24 season game 29 LA Kings vs Seattle Kraken @7:00pm 12/20/23

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Anson Carter is 100% correct.

At home, when Todd has last change and needs to make a decision, he f***s up the flow of the game and the Kings suffer.

On the road, he just has to roll his lines without bench managing, and what do you know? The team is better.

Todd McClellan will never win a championship as head coach.
He stole that from the dude on Sirius pre game lol

Reactions: chris kontos

VILARGOD

Sep 16, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
The irony.

Maybe you haven't paid attention, but more people than just you have brought up how he needs better linemates and that things will change when Arvidsson is back.
Irony? You did the same exact thing to me when I had randomly brought up the topic. Replied to me and got defensive.

Maybe I'm annoyed because of the loss, but at times it's almost impossible for two things to be true at once on this board

PLD is playing like garbage = true

He could use better linemates = also true

Crazy concept

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

At home, when Todd has last change and needs to make a decision, he f***s up the flow of the game and the Kings suffer.

On the road, he just has to roll his lines without bench managing, and what do you know? The team is better.

A lot of times you can just say things even out over the course of the season all things being equal

This is one you can't, it's visible and pathetic, completely different team playing at home

13-2
5-9

Absolutely batshit insane how f***ing awful that is.

And you can feel it in the crowd too, every time the team goes down by one or the opposing team ties it up, the familiar sink-down-in-your-seat hush and silence. They know what's coming at this point.

Reactions: SettlementRichie10

DyslexicTom

Jan 1, 2009
lol is it really just as simple as rolling the lines? maybe McLellan has a Quick-like need to always show that he's doing something (in Quick's case it's playing the puck behind the net)

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com

What did he say exactly?

Here's his stat line for LAK
6.png
Los Angeles Kings
NHL150110-5|

• Haha
Reactions: SettlementRichie10

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
lol is it really just as simple as rolling the lines? maybe McLellan has a Quick-like need to always show that he's doing something (in Quick's case it's playing the puck behind the net)

I mean he SHOULD feel the need to justify his own existence at this point

But ironically in doing so he's showing just how inept he actually is at management/adjustment

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
There's not always a reason for a trend.

The road/home difference clearly isn't because of "matchups."

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Serious contenders just don't have two power plays like that down a goal in the third period.

No one crashing the net, nothing getting through to the net, everything on the perimeter, no movement trying to get open. At least exchange places on the point or walk the line. Just get a wrist shot through, anything but what the Kings did on those two power plays.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
1 regulation win in the last 6 games and it's over the generationally bad San Jose Barracuda
One shootout win over a team 3 games under .500, that's 2-4-2 in their last 10 minus our games
Then a regulation loss to that team
A choke loss to NYI
and two blowout losses to real teams in NYR and WPG

smoke and mirrors team

The last 'good' game they played was vs. colorado last month and that was a 3 in 4 nights for the Avs

It's the Todd McLellan special, a team that looks like a regular season juggernaut but is just a first round wet fart.

There's no way I'm letting these clowns ruin Christmas Eve Eve for me, it's a good week to take a break from this joke franchise.

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Serious contenders just don't have two power plays like that down a goal in the third period.

No one crashing the net, nothing getting through to the net, everything on the perimeter, no movement trying to get open. At least exchange places on the point or walk the line. Just get a wrist shot through, anything but what the Kings did on those two power plays.
Well with 8 and 11 you can count on 50% of the time passing back and forth - thats just right off the top

Reactions: KINGS17

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Well with 8 and 11 you can count on 50% of the time passing back and forth - thats just right off the top
The sad thing is when Doughty uses his wrist shot from the point and Kopitar gets into the slot and receives a pass, good things generally happen on the PP for the Kings. They just don't do it often enough. Kopitar on the half-wall has always been a terrible idea.

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
The sad thing is when Doughty uses his wrist shot from the point and Kopitar gets into the slot and takes a pass, good things generally happen on the PP for the Kings. They just don't do it often enough. Kopitar on the half-wall has always been a terrible idea.
Neither Kopi or DD can be decisive in the moment on the pp - for whatever reason.. i guess Terry Murray and DS beat the creativity out of them.

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
The dude making 8.5$ was brought in for when the guy that is 36 is having an off night!

We needed a Kabib type player and Blake got us Coked out Connor

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Neither Kopi or DD can be decisive in the moment on the pp - for whatever reason.. i guess Terry Murray and DS beat the creativity out of them.
Kopitar has been fine in the power play but Drew is terrible 80% of the time back there.

Well, that's step #1.
Who torches Todd is the problem because he can’t manage a game the refs end up doing it for him!

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Irony? You did the same exact thing to me when I had randomly brought up the topic. Replied to me and got defensive.

Maybe I'm annoyed because of the loss, but at times it's almost impossible for two things to be true at once on this board

PLD is playing like garbage = true

He could use better linemates = also true

Crazy concept
Lizotte is scoring at a similar rate to PLD alongside worse linemates, harder minutes, and fewer favorable offensive zone starts. You can keep saying PLD will score more with better linemates, but he's not getting better linemates with how he's playing.

But if it will make you feel better, he wasn't the worst or most underwhelming player on the ice tonight. Hooray for progress.

Here's a tidbit though - I know he'd score more with better linemates. Want to know how I know? Because he put up good numbers when everything was aligned in his favor in Columbus and Winnipeg. Your statement about better linemates isn't ground-breaking. But maybe getting a guy who needs the best linemates to boost his numbers isn't the guy to pay a large price for, both in assets and finances.

He would put up better numbers with better players = true
He doesn't deserve better linemates with how he plays = also true

Crazy concept.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad