GDT: 2023-24 season game 29 LA Kings vs Seattle Kraken @7:00pm 12/20/23

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Yes, all team plays like garbage and it is only PLD fault.
We are not allowed to point fingers at Kopitar, Doughty, Spence and others.
Feel free to point out where I said that. Or are you just not following the discussion?

I'm not going to waste my time defending something I've never said.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Feel free to point out where I said that. Or are you just not following the discussion?

I'm not going to waste my time defending something I've never said.
I am sorry if you thought my statement was directed at you.
My response was addressed to basically to all members of our board.
Can we stop talking about how bad is PLD playing when a lot of others players on the team do not play well at all?

No, it wasn't.
Can you try to watch it one more time?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I havent' seen anyone stopping anyone from teeing off on other players.

I just know it's VERY apparent when we're having scoring issues breaking thru that we should be looking at the 8.5 million dollar Power forward in his prime soaking up all the prime matchups rather than the rookie #5 D man.

Imagine how this team would look on nights like last night If PLD were even within slight reach of his career averages rather than on the same scoring trajectory that made others go BLAKE LIZOTTE IS NOT A 3C last year.

Reactions: SaltyElkHunter

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Can we stop talking about how bad is PLD playing when a lot of others players on the team do not play well at all?

Can you try to watch it one more time?
Funny, since you must have missed the obvious on the 5 replays.

Dubois won a draw clean and in a half-second time span in a three foot space, Kaliyev swats a loose puck right into Spence's skates.

Its happenstance, not a damn thing that can be done and it smacks of lazy fandom to just blame the guy who couldn't do anything about it.

Not every goal against has a villain.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I haven't heard anyone stop others from commenting on others. Pretty sure I saw multiple people dump on Fiala, Doughty, Kopitar, etc in this thread as well. Nobody's stopping you from commenting on Spence's play. Seems like there's plenty of fault being discussed.

It's been said before, but PLD's inconsistent effort levels is a pattern. If a goalie allowed a goal on the first shot every game, we're going to comment on it when it happens. It's not saying it's only his fault when the team loses 1-0.

Reactions: kinghock

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
If Spence faulters you can call up Clarke and he was a draft pick.

If PLD faulters, as he have, what do you do? Plus, he wasn't a draft pick, but he costs up two 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Why such the negativity? Top 5 team and they only lost by one goal. Every team losses on occasion. PLD is a big, solid 3C who balances out the team and making us better. TM has done a great job and should be up for COTY. Maybe Blake for GM of the year for getting us one of the best seasons in Kings history. This is great!

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
The first goal was a bang-bang play and one where Kaliyev could have tapped the puck towards the corner. It wasn't a good touch by Kaliyev, put Spence in a tough spot and the bounce didn't go the Kings way.

I love both guys but I'd put more blame on Kaliyev but, even then, it was a pretty garbage goal that would be hard to replicate. Got that one back with the trash Lizotte goal.

If we want to point fingers on a goal against, let's talk about giving up the breakaway to Eberle.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Why such the negativity? Top 5 team and they only lost by one goal. Every team losses on occasion. PLD is a big, solid 3C who balances out the team and making us better. TM has done a great job and should be up for COTY. Maybe Blake for GM of the year for getting us one of the best seasons in Kings history. This is great!
I was about to message you to see if you are doing okay because the first couple sentences had me worried.

• Haha
Reactions: Schrute farms

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Outhit 29-11.
It's a cliche but Seattle wanted this one more. I know that it is there identity but they flipped a switch after the 1st period and were just all over the Kings in every zone: especially with the aggression on the penalty kill.

This team was riding high and had swag for days until the point in the Islanders game that Anders Lee gave them a metaphorical punch in the mouth. Two wins and four losses since then.

When you put the start together that this team has, other teams are going to get up for you. The razzle dazzle, perfect play offense isn't always going to work so, when it doesn't, will they match the intensity of the other team?

There are peaks and valleys in a long season but you don't want bad habits to start forming. Fiala's game last night is the shining example...like you can't always just throw it from board-to-board across the ice and get away with it. What I know for sure is that this cute, Insta-clip worthy offense will be harder to replicate come playoff time so I hope these guys are prepared to get dirty come April.

fivehole32

Kicking rebounds to the slot
Jan 11, 2015
Having watched Daccord all last year in person, the key is you have to get to him early. He thrives on work. So when I got home and saw the Kings had 30+ shots in less than two periods and there was no score I knew we were toast. He is a goalie you have to get to early otherwise he just grows in confidence.

Reactions: VILARGOD

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Honest question because I haven’t watched every presser. Has anyone in the press asked wtf is up with the $8.5 million albatross?
I think someone said McLellan was asked about PLD having consistency issues. And he said he disagrees.

Reactions: Nasti

shuchukfan

Mar 11, 2015
OC
It was nice to hear the TV crew calling out PLD for playing like crap, unlike the crew from the San Jose game.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
He fumbles it in his skates because he wasn't ready.....whose fault is it on?
Exactly. Spence was caught flat footed. Once the ref drops that puck on the dot, the d-man nearest to the goalie has to be on their toes. It was a young players mistake that Spence was not thinking the draw could be won and the puck could come back quickly straight at him. Personally, I think an experienced d-man would have handled that split sec situation far better. Part of playing hockey is anticipating and visualizes plays that could happen. In how Spence handled that situation, he looked very clumsy for a d-man that is very mobile and a good skater.

VILARGOD

Sep 16, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
Could have sworn I remember you posting this:

We all give and take our jabs over our silly opinions we put out there. I'll give you a list of some of my takes that aged like milk, and feel free to take some shots.

But I suggest reconsidering how you lament the board behavior of "everybody" who jabs at others weeks later. Especially if you want to single out a person rather than comment exclusively about an opinion.
Lol that's a jab to you? That's a genuine question of a discussion Sol invited himself. Dude was a consistent and absolute troll over Byfield. I did wonder what his opinion was these days. Read that statement for what it is and understand it was meant literally.

It wasn't like he made a single statement, having genuine open discussion on a struggling player (as this situation was), then I proceeded to throw jabs about it weeks later.

Nuance

VILARGOD

Sep 16, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
Throwing a little nudge here, I remember Sol was one of the users who basically called me dumb for my username lol ;)

I'm not being that serious though, as at the time most had written off Vilardi. No hard feelings
If you want an actual random "jab" weeks later at Sol from me though, here you go.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad