GDT: 2023-24 season game 26 LA Kings vs Winnipeg Jets @7:30pm 12/13/23

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Maybe.

But wins against Vegas, Colorado, Florida, and Winnipeg already aren't impressive? Some of those were damn convincing wins too. Toronto is pretty good too, despite their lack of regulation wins. You don't get a points % of .720 with the hardest schedule in the league by accident.
They have also been out played and unprepared while having a very light schedule with some of the least games played. It’s hard to explain but I think some of us have noticed that the Kings have difficulty against teams with decent forechecks and defense. The islanders and rangers both played the Kings the same way and the Kings had zero answer for it. I’m afraid that the Kings have become a bit of a one note kind of team. With Todd at the helm and his habit of never adjusting anything, I feel that the Kings will enter a decent losing streak. The Kings had no answer against the rangers especially. The Kings got choked out and never adjusted their attack. They had ten shots at the end of two periods.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
I was impressed with Movarare when I saw him last season - perfect 7th D - plays a low-event, calming, conservative style.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
I was impressed with Movarare when I saw him last season - perfect 7th D - plays a low-event, calming, conservative style.
i think he had a good enough preseason to slot in fine too. probably best case scenario that we have him g2g when it's gavrikov that goes down

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Vegas win was solid.
Colorado was on the last night of a 3 in 4
Florida was on the middle game of a cross coast 3 in 4 and 5 games in 8 days and we were still outplayed, it took a Talbot .968 to secure the win
Winnipeg was like game 3 of the season and when they lost Vilardi

Kings have had a light schedule being rested and almost full health and it still takes a miracle to beat some of those teams.

Just like the NYR game was supposed to, playing well tonight would go a long way to assuage thus-far legitimate fears of strong opponents.
Fair, but how can you discount the Colorado game but not the King's loss to the Rangers? That was back to back with one key guy out and Danault hit in the face? And just like Florida, they were on the opposite coast playing their 5th in 8th? And no way were the Kings outplayed against Florida, you might have that mixed up with another game because they were lucky to hang on so close. More possession, more high danger chances (7-3), more scoring chances (18-9).

Think about how Vegas feels about the Kings. They needed a shootout to beat us and then got creamed in the next game against us.

Colorado got them in the opener when they were struggling (just like the Kings got Winnipeg then), and then got totally outclassed in the last game against us.

I doubt Winnipeg feels great about us, they got whooped both times.

Just saying, you can always find a reason for a loss. By this point of the season it's evening getting to where every team has had b2b's and long layoffs. Every team struggles to beat strong opponents, that's why they are good.

shuchukfan

Mar 11, 2015
OC
Hope Vilardi goes beast-mode tonight in the hopes that it wakes up PLD. Ah, who am I kidding? He's gonna keep floating around. Pennywise was probably PLD's coach in his formative years.

float.gif

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
They have also been out played and unprepared while having a very light schedule with some of the least games played. It’s hard to explain but I think some of us have noticed that the Kings have difficulty against teams with decent forechecks and defense. The islanders and rangers both played the Kings the same way and the Kings had zero answer for it. I’m afraid that the Kings have become a bit of a one note kind of team. With Todd at the helm and his habit of never adjusting anything, I feel that the Kings will enter a decent losing streak. The Kings had no answer against the rangers especially. The Kings got choked out and never adjusted their attack. They had ten shots at the end of two periods.
They've literally had the most difficult schedule in the NHL thus far. They have the #1 defense in the league. They have the #3 offense in the league. They are one of 4 teams with points % over .700. At this point, what would put you at ease?

They are obviously scuffling a bit, but still found a way to take 15 out of their last 20 points. Weird to fixate on the Rangers loss, which was on a b2b, with 5 D and Danault out for a good chunk. And that was only their 2nd regulation loss in the last 11 games.

I don't think it's difficult to explain struggles against other teams with forechecks and defense. What happened against the Rangers is what other teams experience while playing the Kings 90% of the time.

Reactions: hn777

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Between Daryll and Koala that’s a lot of rejects from Bruce Buffers wardrobe coordinator.

On tonight’s edition of who shot Jack Trippers couch!

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
Thst adam lowery is a tough bastid. But his father dave dave was twice that tough. He was a nightmare

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad