GDT: 2023-24 season game 24 LA Kings vs New York Islanders @4:30pm 12/9/23

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
This is exactly the type of BS they'll have to deal with in the playoffs and they didn't exactly inspire confidence tonight. Why they didn't goon it up and take Lee out of this game when the refs wouldn't is a mystery.

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
Rangers do have an interesting dilemma tomorrow.....do you press and try to light up Copley and hope Kings offense takes the day off? Or do you hang back and protect Quick.

Reactions: funky

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Rangers do have an interesting dilemma tomorrow.....do you press and try to light up Copley and hope Kings offense takes the day off? Or do you hang back and protect Quick.
Light up Copley. He sucks and the Kings haven’t been playing full 60 mins at all for a while.

Ghetty Green

Apr 7, 2018
Frustrating to lose the 2nd point, but if Gavi turns out to be ok, I’m good
I was terrified when he went out. I thought it was gonna be a multi month injury. Glad he came back. Take the point and move on.

Anders Lee got a relative in the front office or something?

Ryan120420

Dec 2, 2010
really? No chance?

Nope, I don't think so.

Rangers just lost 4-0 and Quick is playing his former team that blindsided him last year with a trade.
Quick is a big game goalie, and tomorrow is about as big as you can get for regular season game.

Quick is going to be in elite form tomorrow, and think the rest of his team will be playing extra hard for him.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I think you have to give the Islanders credit. They battled.

I'm not really sure if those plays by Lee were intentional or not.

First time in awhile the Kings got out of their groove, but it was kind of understandable.

4th game in 7 nights. Tomorrow will be 5th in 8.

Reactions: VILARGOD

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
They haven’t played a full 60 in a while so maybe that game will be enough of a kick in the junk to wake them up

Or maybe it’ll start the free fall who knows

They sure looked mentally fragile tonight

Islanders fans crowing about it has me wanting Lee to get injured in ways I never wished before.

Just a huge piece of shit really

Like how do you get away with multiple leg-aggressive moves in like five minutes

The second one happened because he got away with the first

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
just a pathetic way to play hockey tbh, it'll come back to them

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Not going to win every game on the road. I'm sure the sky will begin falling though. It's all downhill from here.

The sky's not falling, but the bad habits and sloppy play finally caught up to them after they bailed themselves out of it for a few games too many

Wouldn't be surprised if the results were bad for the next few games while they right the ship, far too many B-/C+ efforts in a row.

LeftKinger

Oct 20, 2022
Kings feel asleep at the wheel on this loss.
Weird game, felt like some of the questionable hits by the Isles and the lead took the Kings heads out of it a bit. Isles were opportunistic and OT is OT.

Reactions: jgs

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I'd rather lose tonight and break the streak than get shutout by Quick and the Rangers tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad