GDT: 2023-24 season game 24 LA Kings vs New York Islanders @4:30pm 12/9/23

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Los Angeles Kings(16-4-3, 35pts, 2nd in Pacific) vs New York Islanders (11-7-7 29pts, 3rd in Metro)
UBS Arena | Elmont, NY
TIME: 4:30pm PT | TV: Bally Sports West RADIO: I Heart Radio App

Regular Season Stats
Sh1dxAL.png

*Lines subject to change*
**The website I use to get these doesn't have all of our players yet**

:kings

QnDSxkh.png

9HrzYZ0.png

Soo3wDl.png

ECesVBG.png

Scratched: Blake Lizotte, Jacob Moverare
Covid: N/A
Injured: Viktor Arvidsson

:isles

mAebjif.png

cy1tdkf.png

Covid: N/A

Full credit to NHL HUT Builder and Database for EA Sports Hockey Ultimate Team for supplying the HUT Cards
Full Credit to NHL Starting Goalies, Lines, News, Fantasy Tools - Daily Faceoff for the opposing lines

R.I.P
Jfont (Jesus Fontamillas)
HF member 2002-2022​

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
At least the Rangers are in Washington tonight and have to fly in for tomorrow's home game. Kings will already be in New York. We'll take any advantage we can get. Both these two games will be tough. Really anticipating for the Laf vs. Byfield matchup. Lafreniere seems to always get up for the match up with Byfield. Hopefully the Kings have a better start.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Just try and guarantee 2 points out of the back-to-back tonight. The team is vibing on a roll, keep it going. GKG!

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
I think they're going to play Talbot back to back.

If so, it's further evidence the Kings need to acquire another goalie. You need two goalies you can trust.
What are we willing to give up from the various assets in Ontario or the current roster to aquire a goalie?

I was thinking about it and was wondering if this season might be Kopis last real shot at a deep playoff run? Or are they confident that the guys tearing it up in Ontario are going to come in and replace what we lose next season? The season after that is an even bigger question mark.

My point is I wonder how "all in" Blake will be at the deadline. If they feel this is it, the time is now.

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
Win today and tie the longest road win streak in a season at 12, longest road win streak is 15 by Colorado over 2 seasons.

Reactions: lumbergh

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Quick has been bad for the rangers of late, Copley sucks too. Fair game for both. I agree with this.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
What are we willing to give up from the various assets in Ontario or the current roster to aquire a goalie?

I was thinking about it and was wondering if this season might be Kopis last real shot at a deep playoff run? Or are they confident that the guys tearing it up in Ontario are going to come in and replace what we lose next season? The season after that is an even bigger question mark.

My point is I wonder how "all in" Blake will be at the deadline. If they feel this is it, the time is now.
You might not have to give up much to get an upgrade over Copley.

But if LA is near 1st in the league around the deadline, it would be a mistake for a GM not to try and go big IMO. You don't get many opportunities like this.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
There is probably cap space for a backup like Raanta who is 1.5mil (I doubt CAR moves him esp since Anderson out, but as an example). So I dont think it will cost much. Trading for a platoon starter will require sending salary (and prob picks) the other way - but I dont think they want to mess with the roster. I'd like to see them experiment with Rittich at the very least... but you risk losing Copley to a claim so youd prob have to carry 3 goalies to try that out. Surprisingly Copley is 4-0-2 as a starter.. he keeps looking suspect but somehow the team wins despite that just like last year.. he did have a nice couple of starts before Columbus with a 1 GA in 2 games.

Last edited:

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
PLD is gonna fall asleep on the bench today between shifts.

He has 2 goals in his last 19 games. Can he make it 2-in-20? He's now on pace for 39pts.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Seems like games at NYI are usually kind of sleepy.

We've really struggled lately against teams that want to play boring disciplined "road game" defense and let the air out of the game, let's hope they don't get sloppy.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Does anyone here watch any eastern conference hockey? Seems like such a boring market as of now. I never watch any eastern conference matches on tv. Unfortunately I have to watch a team as obscure and uninteresting as the Islanders today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad