GDT: 2023-24 season game 23 LA Kings vs Montreal Canadiens @4:00pm 12/7/23

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Ok ok
Whatever that means

You wanted Rob Blake fired all summer long.

You also were quite dramatic in the discussion about Anze Kopitar's extension.
its hard for me to believe that a team could have a history, ancient and post 2015, as bad as us and blame it on bad luck. it aint bad luck. naiive fans in a non traditional hockey area have been fed a river of bs regarding team goals. the stated goal of winning championships is the bs. the real goal is to keep up the gate receipts etc and prolong mgmt's employment. team record and results is a product of aeg not gaf and secure ex jocks that dont know thier ass from a hole in the ground.
i continue to hope for the best, but i think a great analogy to the kings and thier history is the los angeles angels of california and anaheim. we have one more championship but the organization stinks just as bad.

But hey, you weren't the only one who was overreacting over the summer. I know critical thinking can be hard during the summer heat.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Tainted Win? Why?
McSorely: "I think that (then-Kings coach) Barry Melrose, I think that Luc Robitaille, (former Kings trainer) Peter Demers, different guys around, have basically said what happened," McSorley said. "We all know they basically pulled the stick rack into their locker room. That's honest and that's frank. Am I sitting here complaining? No. But that is what happened. Is it disappointing for me? Yes."

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
You wanted Rob Blake fired all summer long.

You also were quite dramatic in the discussion about Anze Kopitar's extension.

But hey, you weren't the only one who was overreacting over the summer. I know critical thinking can be hard during the summer heat.
Im not sure how this derived from my response to that :"lets see in may" results has to do with my opinion that rib blake is a jerk.
But youre free to look however you want i guess.

AGAIN LETS SEE WHAT OUR RESULTS ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS.
Is this loud enough for you?
And yes i still think the kings front office is composed of jerks. Thanks for documenting my feelings on that

i'll also thank you not to insult me or my critical thinking ability

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
McSorely: "I think that (then-Kings coach) Barry Melrose, I think that Luc Robitaille, (former Kings trainer) Peter Demers, different guys around, have basically said what happened," McSorley said. "We all know they basically pulled the stick rack into their locker room. That's honest and that's frank. Am I sitting here complaining? No. But that is what happened. Is it disappointing for me? Yes."
The Stick didn't lose 4 games

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

This shit goes hard... and never gets old.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
No Canadian team has won the cup since '93. The tainted win not only cursed the Habs but all teams in CA apparently.
Calgary and Vancouver got robbed of their Stanley Cups in recent memory against Tampa and Boston

Yes, but if you go up 2-0 on the road, a little different, No? Deflated one team, gave life to the other team
I play the 2-0 in my head all the time...maybe LA wins maybe not...why think in those terms it doesn't change the result

Reactions: The Pale King

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Kings playing much better than I expected. Awesome. The emergence of Byfield and Moore have been fantastic, and Kopitar/Doughty are playing like they're in their 20s again. And of course, goaltending is much more consistent.

Honestly, my biggest and only complaint at this time is PLD.
If the playoffs started next week, they would be favorites for sure. Its just so damn pleasurable to watch them play not just this well, but in this buzzsaw, churning style.

Last year they couldn't win a board battle to save their lives. Its now almost shocking when they don't.

There are kids performing really well, Kempe, Moore and Anderson turning into key players in their young primes, Byfield literally suddenly breaking out into a beast. Spence is just head and shoulders more competent than Durzi. Kaliyev bossing more and more shifts.

So lets see how well the old vets endure winter. Kopitar and Doughty have been getting more and more conservative as the seasons gave dragged on. Not bad hockey, just safer and less productive. There haven't been any other players ready or capable of stepping in and carrying them at the point of the year during the last few seasons. Dubois certainly doesn't look like the option there that they hoped, and Fiala needs to get a bit more familiar with the rule book.

Lots to love here. This is the best the team has played in ages. I think there could be something special here in a couple of years, and this is just an early preview that likely isn't sustainable yet.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Talk about a slow thundering rolling downhill start, yea they were up 2-0, but man they were sloppy....then....just kept going and going and going....it's like watching a 6'5, 350 guy run downhill, takes a bit of time to get going, but once he does, GTFO of the way because he ain't stopping....

Funny 1st period, I was thinking, I wonder if it would be a good ideal to sit Fiala for a game, put Kaliyev in his place, run JAD up on the 4th line, and he goes out and get's 2 points, I still think he would benefit to just breathe...sit and relax...feels like he's gripping the stick too hard....

Reactions: King'sPawn

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
If the playoffs started next week, they would be favorites for sure. Its just so damn pleasurable to watch them play not just this well, but in this buzzsaw, churning style.

Last year they couldn't win a board battle to save their lives. Its now almost shocking when they don't.

There are kids performing really well, Kempe, Moore and Anderson turning into key players in their young primes, Byfield literally suddenly breaking out into a beast. Spence is just head and shoulders more competent than Durzi. Kaliyev bossing more and more shifts.

So lets see how well the old vets endure winter. Kopitar and Doughty have been getting more and more conservative as the seasons gave dragged on. Not bad hockey, just safer and less productive. There haven't been any other players ready or capable of stepping in and carrying them at the point of the year during the last few seasons. Dubois certainly doesn't look like the option there that they hoped, and Fiala needs to get a bit more familiar with the rule book.

Lots to love here. This is the best the team has played in ages. I think there could be something special here in a couple of years, and this is just an early preview that likely isn't sustainable yet.
I do wonder how they'd fare about Vegas and Boston. Would probably be lower scoring games.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I do wonder how they'd fare about Vegas and Boston. Would probably be lower scoring games.

It's funny I think if they played like this against Vegas, Boston, they'd get curb stomped in the 1st period.....and Vegas and Boston ARE the kind of teams that can lock it down in the 3rd.....Kings have to come out better....past two games were just sloppy sloppy starts....

Reactions: Schmooley

FeartheFur

Jul 15, 2018
Hell fellas. Earlier today some Montreal fan was trolling saying how boring the Kings are to play. He said it reminded him of the New Jersey deal teams from the 90’s. What a f***ing idiot. First in the league goals per game is the Kings. Also. 2 games against Montreal. 8-0. Laughing my ass off right now!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad