GDT: 2023-24 season game 23 LA Kings vs Montreal Canadiens @4:00pm 12/7/23

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
Fewer minutes allows for greater intensity
It's so nice to see the minutes being spread out more evenly. I look up and down this team and we are really grasping at straws trying to find weaknesses. Just a very deep team.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It's so nice to see the minutes being spread out more evenly. I look up and down this team and we are really grasping at straws trying to find weaknesses. Just a very deep team.

I love it.

"the weak spot is the 3C who is absolutely crushing his competition and just isn't scoring enough and the over PPG winger who keeps throwing pucks into random places like a grenade launcher set on random" is a beautiful place to be.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
While I think Brown is the best captain the Kings ever had, I think Kopitar is the best player to ever wear the jersey on the Kings. I think it’s insulting that there’s some Kings fan who give Gretzky that honor. There is no way for me that Kopitar isn’t the best King. While Gretzky was obviously a better player, he wasn’t a better King.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
It’s starting to make his extension look like a steal. If this is the effect of shaving his minutes like they are it’s easy to see how it may end up good value.
I think part of it also is QB emergence opening things up on that line 1) defenders have to respect him more, 2) QB making more plays than last year

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Crazy to think PLD is younger than Grundstrom.

The only forwards younger than Dubois on this team are Byfield, Laferriere, Kaliyev, and Anderson-Dolan. Dubois was still in diapers when Dustin Brown was playing for the Guelph Storm.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
It’s starting to make his extension look like a steal. If this is the effect of shaving his minutes like they are it’s easy to see how it may end up good value.
I hope so. But that's hoping right now since the extension hasn't started. We won't truly know until next year and we see how he's playing during that contract. But if he's anywhere near what he's doing now, we're in a really good spot with his salary. At his age though, things can drop quickly -- over one season to the next. I'm cautiously optimistic though.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
So Copley on Saturday and back to Talbot Sunday?
Yeah, don't see it any other way.

Sorokin still terrifies me. He's having an off year and has been struggling lately, but when he's on he's damn near impossible to beat. Thankfully the Islanders typically bleed high-danger chances against.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
So Copley on Saturday and back to Talbot Sunday?

I think if you're not looking strictly at the record you could make the case either way
Talbot Sat to save us when we are tired
Talbot Friday to give us better shot at points vs. weaker team
Talbot both because f*** it

but yeah given3 in 4 i'd probably do Talbot then Copley, Rangers are a problem and 3 in 4, may as well see if we can boat race them haha

Yeah, don't see it any other way.

Sorokin still terrifies me. He's having an off year and has been struggling lately, but when he's on he's damn near impossible to beat. Thankfully the Islanders typically bleed high-danger chances against.

Rangers play Sat too so we're likely to see Quickie, and knowing him he's got it circled on the calendar and is already pacing in his room

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
While I think Brown is the best captain the Kings ever had, I think Kopitar is the best player to ever wear the jersey on the Kings. I think it’s insulting that there’s some Kings fan who give Gretzky that honor. There is no way for me that Kopitar isn’t the best King. While Gretzky was obviously a better player, he wasn’t a better King.
I always differentiate between best and Greatest like this. Gretzky is easily the best player to play for the Kings but Kopitar must surely now be the Greatest. To be Great you need longevity, commitment, success, community impact etc, stuff beyond on ice performance.

I also think Kopitar gets a raw deal on his Captaincy because he’s not the type of Captain everyone wants. However, he’s quietly become an elder statesman that has nurtured these guys and he has definitely played a part in helping QB. No, he’s not fire and brimstone but that doesn’t mean he cannot lead.

I hope so. But that's hoping right now since the extension hasn't started. We won't truly know until next year and we see how he's playing during that contract. But if he's anywhere near what he's doing now, we're in a really good spot with his salary. At his age though, things can drop quickly -- over one season to the next. I'm cautiously optimistic though.
Sure the wheels can falloff any time. However his style, type of game etc lends itself to a steady drop. Properly managing his minutes and role means its relatively low risk.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Hell fellas. Earlier today some Montreal fan was trolling saying how boring the Kings are to play. He said it reminded him of the New Jersey deal teams from the 90’s. What a f***ing idiot. First in the league goals per game is the Kings. Also. 2 games against Montreal. 8-0. Laughing my ass off right now!
Mtl fan here. I was almost alone defending Danault who got bashed every game for years. Until he decided to sign with the Kings. In Montreal forum they were unanimous Dvorak was better and cheaper than Danault, lol. Not all of them but there's a bunch of idiots there. Now they waste their time calling Slafkovsky a bust, saying management should have drafted Michkov or Wright or Cooley, etc. Bashing, trolling, well, the most toxic forum you can imagine.

Now that LA Kings are winning and beating a new record, they say it's boring hockey, the return of the trap, bla bla bla and they predict they will be beaten on first round next spring. That's what jealousy does. We'll see, stay tuned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad