GDT: 2023-24 season game 17 LA Kings vs Arizona Coyotes @6:00pm 11/20/23

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
The team is finding ways to win even with 16M in dead cap floating around & taking bad penalties is a good sign.

The Moustache connection can’t be this horrible all season. They just can’t.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Wish we were getting Edmonton while they are shit. They can’t be this bad all season. Those are big points!

I was just thinking its bad that all the worst teams in the league are our rivals

LIke yeah we get to relish in their shitty spots in the standings but you know those teams aren't going to let us roll them 10-1

Reactions: SaltyElkHunter

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
The crazy part is how much we miss Vilardi on the power play. We rank in the top five for nearly everything else in the league. Yes, perhaps other teams are having a hard time matching up against Dubois, and maybe that explains his relative lack of production so far. The season is young. Still, it’s fun to say what if. Every year, some team is the best in the league. It’d be a lot of fun if it was us.

Vilardi had quite a few points on the PP last year - we will be okay there. I know we all like to play the what if game, but Dubois should be more durable than Vilardi and he is more effective as a Center. I was a huge Vilardi fan, but no looking int he rearview mirrors...especially with how this team is playing right now. Gotta love it.

Reactions: kinghock

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Based on the various podcasts, videos etc it seems to me that the locker room has really clicked. Whilst nobody will ever give details (rightly so) it’d be interesting to know which players leaving helped with that. Obviously incoming players will have made a difference also, Gavrikov certainly seems a good locker room guy. A solid dressing room will be a big factor as the season progresses so I hope it really is a tight as it seems.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Based on the various podcasts, videos etc it seems to me that the locker room has really clicked. Whilst nobody will ever give details (rightly so) it’d be interesting to know which players leaving helped with that. Obviously incoming players will have made a difference also, Gavrikov certainly seems a good locker room guy. A solid dressing room will be a big factor as the season progresses so I hope it really is a tight as it seems.
I feel you may be looking too much into it -- this team was pretty damn good team last year as well. Unfortunately at this time last year, we had two goalies that couldn't stop shit.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
This is why I am hesitant to diss the Dubois trade and how hes playing. Something has clicked for the team and it feels like a complete team for the first time in years.
The only game it felt like they were the inferior underdog was vs Colorado.

Reactions: VILARGOD and bmr

SaltyElkHunter

Grocery Shopping in the woods
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Would love to see Blake have puck bunnies secretly just lather up Drew with so much TRT he starts looking like a cross between the rock, joe Rogan, and Barry bonds late 90’s.

Maybe have their ugly friends lube up Lewis.

Can’t afford any drop on play from the old guys!

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
This is why I am hesitant to diss the Dubois trade and how hes playing. Something has clicked for the team and it feels like a complete team for the first time in years.
The only game it felt like they were the inferior underdog was vs Colorado.
I think health has played a big roll this season so far. I think last night was the first line up change to the opening night roster due to health this season. Arvidsson was injured during the preseason. The last two seasons it was impossible to play the same guys for a month straight. People know their roles and responsibilities when they play every day.

I think the Kings are taking advantage of their luck the way Calgary did two years ago. Hopefully, the Kings do better come spring.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
I think health has played a big roll this season so far. I think last night was the first line up change to the opening night roster due to health this season. Arvidsson was injured during the preseason. The last two seasons it was impossible to play the same guys for a month straight. People know their roles and responsibilities when they play every day.

I think the Kings are taking advantage of their luck the way Calgary did two years ago. Hopefully, the Kings do better come spring.
Maybe thats part of it but even at full health last year with their best possible lineup they couldnt roll all 4 lines and 3 d pairs without worrying about matchups and bench shortening. Also their goaltending last year was backbreaking with the untimely goals against.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
Maybe thats part of it but even at full health last year with their best possible lineup they couldnt roll all 4 lines and 3 d pairs without worrying about matchups and bench shortening. Also their goaltending last year was backbreaking with the untimely goals against.
Adding Lewis seems to have really stabilized the 4th line. Byfield has taken a huge stride this year. Kaliyev is taking strides. Moore is fully healthy. Englund and Spence have been quite good. Talbot has been extremely effective. I was glancing at the ESPN Kings Schedule page from this year and Talbot has been listed as the top performer 5 times already. Funny enough - Copley got one last night.

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
The Kings forwards lasted 4 or 5 games before Iafallo was injured and then Byfield got really sick around game 8-10. That is 2/3 of the opening night 3rd line. Then, Moore, Vilardi (the other of the opening night 3rd line), and Fiala missed long stretches of games. I don't know if they ever had the opening night roster again after Iafallo was hurt in mid October .

The Kings never tried to play their best defensive line up last year since they kept playing Durzi and Edler. They are much better this year at this position. Goalies have been better on the whole too.

Health isn't the only reason for improvement, but I think it is why the Kings can roll 4 lines this season.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I feel you may be looking too much into it -- this team was pretty damn good team last year as well. Unfortunately at this time last year, we had two goalies that couldn't stop shit.
Perhaps but there is a definite change wrt how the atmosphere in and around the team has been discussed. I’ve been around pro team locker rooms and just adding or subtracting a couple of players can make a huge difference to team chemistry.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
This is the Moore we saw here & there before his injury & extension. He was not very effective for a while last year. Maybe he was still dealing with the injury idk. But he's back and even better -- hopefully we get this version of him going forward. If this is him now, then he's well worth his salary.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Last year Kings weren’t well coached around this time of the year. Kings were bleeding goals and had some of the worst defensive structure I had ever seen. Now with better defenseman and surprisingly Todd is doing a better job with defense as well, we’re seeing much more structure on defense.

There was no doubt that Todd and the dmen were really bad to start last year.

Reactions: Schrute farms

SaltyElkHunter

Grocery Shopping in the woods
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Last year Kings weren’t well coached around this time of the year. Kings were bleeding goals and had some of the worst defensive structure I had ever seen. Now with better defenseman and surprisingly Todd is doing a better job with defense as well, we’re seeing much more structure on defense.

There was no doubt that Todd and the dmen were really bad to start last year.
The forward depth has it to where he really can’t put the wrong line out there. Lol

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Jason Squirties

Apr 15, 2014
She’s had it before. I’m not a fan of that style on women In general.

I really hope she gets the opportunity to host the pre and post game show as opposed to Patrick, who I don’t really care for. She is sharp, knows her hockey and has put in her time.
Double yikes

Reactions: The Butcher

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
She’s had it before. I’m not a fan of that style on women In general.

I really hope she gets the opportunity to host the pre and post game show as opposed to Patrick, who I don’t really care for. She is sharp, knows her hockey and has put in her time.
She knows her hockey for sure and plays too...not sure if you know her Pop played briefly with Philly Goon Flyers and was a pugilist or as the Italians would say a Attaccabrighe

Ghetty Green

Apr 7, 2018
Lmao of course we are going to not only play JAD over Turcotte BUT ALSO play him out of position and move Lewis to a position he’s never played before

Organization full of centers pulling a wing for C

Unreal big brain shit
Another win! You mad ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad