GDT: 2023-24 season game 17 LA Kings vs Arizona Coyotes @6:00pm 11/20/23

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Byfield so good is the silver lining in Dubois being ass.. Dubois lack of awareness on D scares me.

Another positive is we got Laf and Moore for Campbell and Clifford

I like the way Laf carries and protects the puck. Maybe he could eventually end up in the top 6.. for sure he can slot in on the 3rd line.. not that the Kings have lines 1, 2, 3 really

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
With their problems with playing team defense and goaltending, and now their PP not being so lethal, it would not surprise me if they miss the playoffs.
Thier defense is horrible but pickard looked like an improvement in goal for them. I dont know if its still accurate but thier bottom 6 had only scored one goal this season

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Copper appears to have his confidence back and played well. To see if he's turning the corner, will be how he plays whenever his next start comes about. Side2side movement, playing angles, and staying big, was better but not being able to pounce on some soft rebounds or kick 'em away hard is something he needs to get better at.

I have to say it's a bit amazing how much the Kings PK has improved from last season, which was very bad and burned them in the playoff series against the Oilers.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
QB is so gd skilled if he puts together some finishing ability this league is in troubke
I think he's going to be the type of player who has triple the amount of assists as goals. I feel like he's just going to put up a bunch of ~20 goal, 60-70 assist seasons over his career. I've got no problem with that either.

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
Not sure I'm liking Carrlyn's new doo
She’s had it before. I’m not a fan of that style on women In general.

I really hope she gets the opportunity to host the pre and post game show as opposed to Patrick, who I don’t really care for. She is sharp, knows her hockey and has put in her time.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Byfield so good is the silver lining in Dubois being ass.. Dubois lack of awareness on D scares me.

Another positive is we got Laf and Moore for Campbell and Clifford

I like the way Laf carries and protects the puck. Maybe he could eventually end up in the top 6.. for sure he can slot in on the 3rd line.. not that the Kings have lines 1, 2, 3 really
Dubois's malaise concerns me a bit. At first, I chalked it up to him having a little bit of a Frolov vibe to him with his powering along the boards and trying to create possession around the net in the first couple of games, but since then he has just lackadaisically coasted around the ice doing nothing for a fair bit now...

Couple that with Fiala's overly cute and boneheaded plays along with his penalties the Kings will have some weaknesses to exploit, especially if the powerplay keeps stalling. Hoping things turn around by the postseason or at least there is a streak or spark created by then.

Last edited:

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I have to say it's a bit amazing how much the Kings PK has improved from last season, which was very bad and burned them in the playoff series against the Oilers.
That old system the triangle + 1 or 1-1-2 whatever you want to call it.. it just gives the points so much room to maneuver but supposedly cuts down on cross seam passes. It was just terrible for them. And I have no idea why they stuck with it for the entire season... that really is a failure on the coaching staff

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
QB is so gd skilled if he puts together some finishing ability this league is in troubke
Seriously his puck pursuit is elite already. Seems like every time he goes one on one even one on two he's coming out with the puck. Loving his game. His assist doesn't get enough praise bats the puck out of mid air fakes two players and the vision to find kopi wide open. Just can't teach that. The scoring will come as you mentioned need to work on that but the ceiling is just off the charts.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Thier defense is horrible but pickard looked like an improvement in goal for them. I dont know if its still accurate but thier bottom 6 had only scored one goal this season
Not our problem. That falls on Holland giving big dumb contracts to Soup and Nurse(when they could have added scoring and d-men depth), and passing up on that Swedish goalie in the draft(Yzerman swooped in and drafted the goalie). Just from a hockey perspective, McDavid/Draisaitl need to learn along with the rest of the team to play team defense. When the star players buy-in to back-checking then the rest of team sees that and buys-in too.

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Dubois's malaise concerns me a bit. At first, I chalked it up to him having a little bit of a Frolov vibe to him with his powering along the boards and trying to create possession around the net in the first couple of games, but since then he has just lackadaisically coasted around the ice doing nothing for a fair bit now...

ouple that with Fiala overly cute and boneheaded plays along with his penalties the Kings will have some weaknesses to exploit, especially if the powerplay keeps stalling. Hoping things turn around by the postseason or at least there is a streak or spark created by then.
Good that they are not on the same line any more. Dubois is not engaged it seems.. for whatever reason he is not doing the little things - hustle plays that we see from guys like Moore, Danault, Kope and Kempe and most of the rest of the team. He stands out as basically the only guy who makes you wonder what the f*** is he thinking half the time.

YAYSAY

Feb 18, 2016
Good that they are not on the same line any more. Dubois is not engaged it seems.. for whatever reason he is not doing the little things - hustle plays that we see from guys like Moore, Danault, Kope and Kempe and most of the rest of the team. He stands out as basically the only guy who makes you wonder what the f*** is he thinking half the time.
Dubois hasn't been engaged for most his entire tenure in the NHL

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Got pretty lucky tonight, timely goaltending. The Kopitar line got creamed by Arizona's top line, and Dubois' line was only slightly better. The Danault line picked up the slack and was dominant, but that's the first game in a long time that all 4 lines weren't rolling. Hey, that's what depth does though.

It's essential to be able to win games like this. When a great team starts getting points when they don't really deserve them they build up quite a point cushion.

His timing is way off. When he puts on the burners and makes his mind up it's like "where the hell did that come from". He still looks like he's thinking way too much, he's gotta start reacting and figure out what's going on out on the ice.

He was starting to look comfortable and pretty good, but then he fell off the last 2 games. I think that crash into the net slowed him down a bit, he was coasting a lot tonight. We'll see how he responds on Friday.

VILARGOD

Sep 16, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
IMG_4007 (1).PNG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad