GDT: 2023-24 season game 13 LA Kings vs Pittsburgh Penguins @7:30pm 11/9/23

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Moore and Danault are vey complimentary players. They tend to do well with anyone. That's why swapping out Fiala/Moore makes some sense.

I wouldn't do it just yet though. I think we need to be more patient.

I don't think RV is coming back until the playoffs. Especially with Talbot hitting his bonus.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
he really has been trying to defer a lot imo, no killer instinct on the PP, just collect and defer

then he skates it through the neutral zone and straight down main street for a scoring opportunity and its like uhhh dude hello? you're a good hockey player

maybe it's just new team stuff, doesn't want to come off as a selfish player or whatever
Sometimes guys feel obligated to setup a teammate instead of being "selfish".

We've seen it a lot with QB, and it also used to be an issue with Kopitar.

Reactions: Fishhead and tny760

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
I hope you're not comparing Felix Potvin and Phoenix(Doesn't)Copley...because Copley has been basically a career Minor League while Potvin Backstopped some good teams in TO as a youngster and LA as a vet...plus Potvin has had seasons of over 66 games played 5 times and another 2 playing over 55 games...I remember a 22 year old Potvin backstopping the Leafs to '92 Semi-Finals against the Kings when we had Hrudey and Stauber in the Nets...Potvin was and still is probably better than Copley
It's about catching a hot hand Potvin was cast aside when Kings grabbed him. At that point in his career he was not good. Kings took a chance he got hot, but it was not sustainable long term

Nothing to do with overall careers

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
@All The Kings Men Curious is this something you feel comfortable asking about, how the coaches feel that line is gelling, or not gelling as it maybe, planning on changing something up, or leave it be that the other 3 lines are working, let Fiala and PLD work it out etc?

Issue isn't that their not scoring now.....it's they have to be scoring when 1st/2nd/4th line stop producing......very rarely if ever you will have all 4 lines rolling at the same time, the issue is you don't want all 4 dead at the same time
and almost as if on cue...

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
Lol right?

Here's one do they ever go into the why? Ie what do they see in the LAF pld kaliyev line the why of that vs Moore pld kaliyev or other combinations?
McLellan, Fiala and Danault were all asked about the change this morning after morning skate

Answers can be read/heard on LA Kings Insider and on Kings Talk the Kings pregame radio show

I'm not trying to be cagey or forcing you to follow links I'm just in a rush to get my pregame script changed in light of the fagemo/fiala news and my dads in town today so I shouldn't even be procrastinating in order to write this...

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
McLellan, Fiala and Danault were all asked about the change this morning after morning skate

Answers can be read/heard on LA Kings Insider and on Kings Talk the Kings pregame radio show

I'm not trying to be cagey or forcing you to follow links I'm just in a rush to get my pregame script changed in light of the fagemo/fiala news and my dads in town today so I shouldn't even be procrastinating in order to write this...
Sounds good appreciate it

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
I'm a little late to comment on this but the two wraparound goals scored by Pittsburgh were absolutely scouted and planned by the Penguins staff. Copley's side to side push-offs are weak and a glaring hole in his game. This will undoubtedly be noticed and used against him in future games. Gotta find a way to clean that up.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00