GDT: 2023-24 season game 13 LA Kings vs Pittsburgh Penguins @7:30pm 11/9/23

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
byfield has been playing so well and has been quick to move around, yet rarely plays OT. Todd’s an idiot for that.
Hey look, Byfield in OT! Who’s the idiot now?
IMG_2172.jpeg

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
I think teams had film on Copley prior to last year, not a young guy. He was never a secret.

Goalies get hot, sometimes pucks just hit you, the knob of your stick, or the post. The puck becomes a beach ball

He was never a high percentage save guy. He has regressed back to the save percentage mean for Copper. I also think when Kings traded for a goalie last year and demoted Copper to back up it kind of F'd with his confidence a bit. The mindset changes from being the guy to being the back up. Especially for a goalie

The Kings hit gold last year. But it's like they did Potvin, Kings picked him up off the trash heap and he took Kings deep into playoffs. But it was not sustainable

Honestly the quality of starting goalies in the NHL goalies is not great.
Carolina has 3 guys below .900, Devils 2 below .900

A lot of teams don't have 2 good goalies some don't have 1

That said Copley is the tallest dwarf of list of low save percentage goalies. You give him a couple more starts to see if he can figure it out
I hope you're not comparing Felix Potvin and Phoenix(Doesn't)Copley...because Copley has been basically a career Minor League while Potvin Backstopped some good teams in TO as a youngster and LA as a vet...plus Potvin has had seasons of over 66 games played 5 times and another 2 playing over 55 games...I remember a 22 year old Potvin backstopping the Leafs to '92 Semi-Finals against the Kings when we had Hrudey and Stauber in the Nets...Potvin was and still is probably better than Copley

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
The Dubois line was actually the best line tonight with both possession and expected stats. 6 shots for, only one against. 0 rebound attempts against. 0 rush attempts against. Highest xGF, lowest xGA. That's despite not taking an offensive zone faceoff all night and having difficult matchups.

They woke up a little bit, let's hope it continues.
its obvious you didnt watch the game.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
"Rarely" does not equal "never". But that doesn't matter to you does it.
You guys have short term memories -- it's only been about two weeks since 'Bustfield' has transitioned to Byfield. Let's give it a bit more time to see how much OT he's being deprived of.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
still amazed that copleys foot was INSIDE the post on the wrap around game winner
it seriously gets more puzzling every time i watch it

every other goalie in the league, it's a one piece slide and lock.. copley it's like 3 shimmy pushes and a miss with his body nowhere near the post. just totally off balance and fundamentally horrible

Reactions: AbsentMojo

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
it seriously gets more puzzling every time i watch it

every other goalie in the league, it's a one piece slide and lock.. copley it's like 3 shimmy pushes and a miss with his body nowhere near the post. just totally off balance and fundamentally horrible
Ive never seen that at the nhl level. Unfortunately its a habit.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I know Fiala is typically a slow starter but I've never seen him play a game as bad as last night. People get benched for shit like that. Play JAD or Turcotte on PLD's wing for a game, let him watch and see why you don't throw blind passes around in the D zone and why you stick your checks in OT especially. setting a terrible example of accountability for everyone else who is bought in, clockwork orange that little bitch with all his mistakes from last night's game, that'll take enough time that he'll miss the entire next game anyway.

God Kaliyev got sent to the bench for weeks for making ONE of those passes in the neutral zone

Reactions: yankeeking

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I know Fiala is typically a slow starter but I've never seen him play a game as bad as last night. People get benched for shit like that. Play JAD or Turcotte on PLD's wing for a game, let him watch and see why you don't throw blind passes around in the D zone and why you stick your checks in OT especially. setting a terrible example of accountability for everyone else who is bought in, clockwork orange that little bitch with all his mistakes from last night's game, that'll take enough time that he'll miss the entire next game anyway.

God Kaliyev got sent to the bench for weeks for making ONE of those passes in the neutral zone

True, Fiala needs to clean his game up, especially defensively, but it is also on TMac for throwing him out there non-stop afterward. There are two very capable wingers in Moore and Byfield sitting there who both have great hands and skating and he keeps throwing Fiala out there over and over in overtime, etc. At the very least, bench him for overtime and make some game adjustments rather than throw him out there immediately after we get scored on, disallowed or not.

Kempe should've punched him harder.
The whole time I was thinking that I wish how Malkin was selling it is how it went down. I wish someone would punch him out like that :P If only.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Here's the 3 on 3 TOI from last night:

PLAYERSHIFTSTOI
Danault
2​
1:13​
Kopitar
2​
1:04​
Lizotte
1​
0:53​
PLD
1​
0:35​
Fiala
2​
1:21​
Kempe
2​
0:42​
Moore
1​
1:07​
Byfield
1​
Roy
2​
1:27​
Doughty
2​
1:15​
Spence
1​
1:03​

Byfield's TOI is lower because he only got one shift. He likely gets another shift and has similar TOI to other forwards if the OT plays out for the full 5 minutes.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
People get benched for shit like that. Play JAD or Turcotte on PLD's wing for a game, let him watch and see why you don't throw blind passes around in the D zone and why you stick your checks in OT especially. setting a terrible example of accountability for everyone else who is bought in,
Noticed one no-look drop pass in the D zone in the final 5 minutes.

Unacceptable.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Here's the 3 on 3 TOI from last night:

PLAYERSHIFTSTOI
Danault
2​
1:13​
Kopitar
2​
1:04​
Lizotte
1​
0:53​
PLD
1​
Fiala
2​
1:21​
Kempe
2​
0:42​
Moore
1​
1:07​
Byfield
1​
Roy
2​
1:27​
Doughty
2​
1:15​
Spence
1​
1:03​

Byfield's TOI is lower because he only got one shift. He likely gets another shift and has similar TOI to other forwards if the OT plays out for the full 5 minutes.
Kempe with only 42-sec? FIRE TODD NOW.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
still amazed that copleys foot was INSIDE the post on the wrap around game winner

Yea, that wasn't good, he had plenty of time to get there too that's the amazing part.

Supposed to be two completely separate posts, was not commenting on the machine/human etc in relation to that post.

Breaking news:

Players are not machines, they are in fact human......shocking fans everywhere.

Last edited:

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
You guys have short term memories -- it's only been about two weeks since 'Bustfield' has transitioned to Byfield. Let's give it a bit more time to see how much OT he's being deprived of.
"you guys" -- lol. I've been in the pro-Byfield bus since before he was drafted...and never once wavered from that and the need to be patient with him. But what does that matter when it comes to 'The agenda'.

Reactions: ru4reals and YAYSAY

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I think the light bulb may have finally went on for PLD this game.

He's a better player when he's trying to produce goals for HIMSELF.

Reactions: tny760

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
I think the light bulb may have finally went on for PLD this game.

He's a better player when he's trying to produce goals for HIMSELF.
he really has been trying to defer a lot imo, no killer instinct on the PP, just collect and defer

then he skates it through the neutral zone and straight down main street for a scoring opportunity and its like uhhh dude hello? you're a good hockey player

maybe it's just new team stuff, doesn't want to come off as a selfish player or whatever

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00