2023-24 San Diego Gulls/Tulsa Oilers

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Goals in 3 straight for Pasta, and 4 in 6.
I'm still a Pasta believer. He's a project no doubt, but he does seem to have good hands and a fantastic shot. 75 goals and 174 points in 125 OHL games is nothing to sneeze at. Easy to forget he's not even 21 for another 4 months and the Gulls are pretty horrid to say the least.

Plus we are due for a project forward with good offensive potential to pan out after Perreault, right?

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Pastujov: 9 points in first 20 games, 9 points in last 17 games. Obviously pretty even, but four of his points in the first half came in one game.

Put another way: Points in six of his first 20 games, points in eight of his last 17. Incremental.

Gaucher had 12 points in his first 30 games, 9 in his last 32. So I was wrong there.

Reactions: Kalv and Mr Rogers
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Pastujov: 9 points in first 20 games, 9 points in last 17 games. Obviously pretty even, but four of his points in the first half came in one game.

Put another way: Points in six of his first 20 games, points in eight of his last 17. Incremental.

Gaucher had 12 points in his first 30 games, 9 in his last 32. So I was wrong there.
It's only just now that Pasta is starting to have a consistent impact. He has 8 points in his last 10. He had that one brief spate months ago where he had a hat trick and he's mostly been a total zero since then, until lately.

Reactions: Kalv and Static

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Looking at the past few lineups posted, Pasta-Gaucher-Caulfield have been a line for the past four games, starting with game 3-24.

Here's game 3-22 lineup:

Game 3-24 lineup has King moving to the top RW spot and Caulfield moves back down to the 3RW spot. He's together again with Gaucher, but this time, instead of Tracey at LW it's Pasta.

When Tracey was with Gaucher-Caulfield before, that trio went on an offensive tear. Then injuries moved Caulfield up in the lineup, but nothing popped. Now, Pasta gets back with the two bangers in Gaucher and Caulfield, then that trio is making waves.

Reactions: Static

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
He was a volume shooter in college so I’m interested to see if he’s able to generate shots at this level.

EDIT: And he scores right as I say that!
Well he has 4 shots through 2 periods, so that’s a good sign. One reason I started to lose faith in Perreault was that he couldn’t generate shots in the AHL. In his last OHL season, he averaged almost 4 shots per game, but he only ever reached close to 2 shots per game in any of his AHL years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad