2023-24 San Diego Gulls/Tulsa Oilers

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Looks like Wolff is a huge LHD with a lot of PIMs. I believe Helleson and Profaca are the only RHDs on the Gulls at the moment. And Helleson isn’t even guaranteed to be in the AHL.

I will make a detailed depth chart in the next couple days.

We technically have four LD's prospects going to the AHL this coming season:

LD LaCombe
LD Zellweger
LD Hinds
LD Mintyukov

There's already news that there's a spot that LaCombe can earn at the NHL level. Fortunately, LaCombe, Zellweger, and Hinds have and can play RD despite being left shots.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
We technically have four LD's prospects going to the AHL this coming season:

LD LaCombe
LD Zellweger
LD Hinds
LD Mintyukov

There's already news that there's a spot that LaCombe can earn at the NHL level. Fortunately, LaCombe, Zellweger, and Hinds have and can play RD despite being left shots.
That's an amazing boost of talent. But yeah, seems that at least one of them will have to play right side which kind of sucks, tbh.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
What the chances King gets an AHL (Gulls) contract? He's 21 years old, can't go back to juniors, and we still own his rights until Jun 1, 2024.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Updated Gulls' Depth Chart:

LW: Tracey, De Leo*, McLaughlin (?), Regenda (?), Nesterenko (?), Matsushima (?), Crnkovic (?)
C: Gaucher, Lopina (?), Agozzino*, King (?), Groulx (?), S. Carrick* (?), Carlsson (?)
RW: Perreault, Pastujov, Gawdin**, Caulfield, Wiebe, Leason (?)

LHD: Zellweger (?), Mintyukov (?), Hinds, LaCombe (?), Wolff, Carroll (?), T. Carrick*
RHD: Profaca, Costantini, Helleson (?)

G: Clang, Alexander

* Veteran status (played more than 260 professional games)
** Wildcard Veteran status (played between 260 and 320 professional games)
(?) Could play in another league (NHL, SHL, ECHL, etc.)
Italics Waiver Eligible

Veteran Rule: "Of the eighteen (18) skaters (not counting two goaltenders) that teams may dress for a game, at least thirteen (13) must be qualified as “development players.” Of those 13, twelve (12) must have played in 260 or fewer professional games (including AHL, NHL and European elite leagues), and one must have played in 320 or fewer professional games. All calculations for development status are based on regular-season totals as of the start of the season."

Notable CHL players eligible for the AHL in 2024: Tristan Luneau, Noah Warren, Connor Hvidston, Nico Myatovic, Coulson Pitre, Yegor Sidorov, Rodwin Dionicio, Konnor Smith

Last edited:

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Does anyone who has used the Bally sports app to watch the Ducks know if I get the San Diego package I can watch Gulls games and Ducks games?

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Does anyone who has used the Bally sports app to watch the Ducks know if I get the San Diego package I can watch Gulls games and Ducks games?
Gulls games are not broadcast by Bally’s. There are usually only around 5 Gulls games on TV down there and they are shown on a local FOX channel. To consistently watch Gulls games, you need to purchase an AHL TV subscription.

Reactions: ScarTroy

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Gulls games are not broadcast by Bally’s. There are usually only around 5 Gulls games on TV down there and they are shown on a local FOX channel. To consistently watch Gulls games, you need to purchase an AHL TV subscription.
Oh ok gotcha. Thanks!

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Realized a couple weeks ago that last season was the last of the initial agreement and was wondering if this was coming, glad to see it.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Name change ideas? Tulsa Rioters?

I hope we don't change the name. Have watched the Tulsa Oilers since I was a kid. My first sports moments are going to their games with my Dad.

For some asinine reason they decided to also call the new arena football team the Tulsa Oilers as well.

• Haha
Reactions: cheesymc

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille