2023-24 San Diego Gulls/Tulsa Oilers

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Was a pretty good game but the 6 game losing streak to end February probably ended their season. They're 14 points out of a playoff spot with 17 games to play, and they have to leapfrog Henderson, who's in 8th. They have games in hand on everyone with Abbotsford probably being their best target but even if they win all those games in hand, they still need a hell of a run and they need Abbostford, Calgary or Bakersfield to really shit the bed.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Was a pretty good game but the 6 game losing streak to end February probably ended their season. They're 14 points out of a playoff spot with 17 games to play, and they have to leapfrog Henderson, who's in 8th. They have games in hand on everyone with Abbotsford probably being their best target but even if they win all those games in hand, they still need a hell of a run and they need Abbostford, Calgary or Bakersfield to really shit the bed.
Plus, we need their best players.

Turns out that the head coach needs more than a few nice presentations on YT to be an exceptional coach. I don't mind McIlvane I think he might be decent, but the hype before the season was a bit headscratching

Reactions: Boo Boo

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Plus, we need their best players.

Turns out that the head coach needs more than a few nice presentations on YT to be an exceptional coach. I don't mind McIlvane I think he might be decent, but the hype before the season was a bit headscratching

Yup, we got Zell and Regenda up with the NHL club. Zell is the 3rd best scorer for the Gulls and Regenda is the 7th best scorer. Zell isn't coming back to the AHL, unless the team makes it to the playoffs.

MacIlvane had the team in a good rhythm until injuries started piling up to where we had to be pulling from the ECHL for roster help. We recently picked up a forward from the ECHL.

After their 7-game losing streak, last Feb to first game in Mar, the Gulls have gone 4-1-0-0. I dunno if they can pull off enough wins and get help from other teams like @The Midnight Burrito shared above.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Mysak pronounced "meeshack" sadly.

c8bcc7b84ba0da99e227e0fefd989d20.gif

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
For some reason the Gulls are playing a 10:30AM game in San Jose today.

EDIT: Seems like it's one of those games that acts as a field trip for kids.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Qs soon as I turn it on, 2 GA in like 30 seconds. Are those highlights? :laugh:

Shots 6 to 18. Good lord

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad