2023-24 San Diego Gulls/Tulsa Oilers

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Turcotte scores pretty early into the game off a horrendous Gulls change.

Howe and Doty just had a real heavyweight fight. Both guys landed huge shots.

Reactions: McDonald19

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Perreault made up for a bad turnover with a solid breakout pass and then gets robbed by Portillo on the rush the other way.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Commentators said that the Reign have a pretty much fina roster paying. Gulls could get some serious improvements with Zelweger, Hagg, and whatnot. I think someone menioned we have a lot of guys not playing today

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
4-0 Reign early in the 2nd. The Gulls are obviously sitting a lot of guys, but the talent disparity is pretty large.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
This team needs Zellweger (or Mintyukov) so badly. I hope to never see Harrington or Helleson on a PP ever again. Even White would likely be a huge upgrade over those two.

And right after I say that, Harrington scores (at even strength) off a nice feed from Nesterenko, who was behind the net. Tracey gets the 2nd assist.

Last edited:

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Totally forgot this was on today.

3rd period, Reign goal 6.
Gaucher needs to do a better job of holding onto his stick as it was flung away from him while chasing a puck holder. Eventually, the puck holder skated behind the goalie, curled around unmolested with Gaucher not closing the gap, and shot by Guacher and over the shoulder of Suchanek. Nasty move.

It looked like we're playing man on defense.

Gonna be a long season if we don't get better centers.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Totally forgot this was on today.

3rd period, Reign goal 6.
Gaucher needs to do a better job of holding onto his stick as it was flung away from him while chasing a puck holder. Eventually, the puck holder skated behind the goalie, curled around unmolested with Gaucher not closing the gap, and shot by Guacher and over the shoulder of Suchanek. Nasty move.

It looked like we're playing man on defense.

Gonna be a long season if we don't get better centers.
I saw Gaucher fell down way too easilly in one episode as well. This was my concern watching him in juniors – I thought defensively he went away with a lot of poor defensive plays. I don't see the defensive juggernaut some are talking about. He's just forced to play wothout the puck because he is not good at sustaining the posession. And I also don't see much offense in him either

Reactions: tomd

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Possible Gulls lineup (w/o De Leo):

Nesterenko-Agozzino-Perreault
Regenda-Gawdin-Pastujov
Tracey-Gaucher-Caulfield
McLaughlin-Lopina-King/Wiebe
Howe

Zellweger-Helleson
Hinds-White
Harrington-Haag
Carrick, Profaca, Wolff

Stalock
Clang
Alexander
Suchanek

Last edited:
Reactions: Static

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
One thing I noticed the most from that game's first period was that Hinds is a large dude. He was noticeably bigger than his partner Helleson.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
One thing I noticed the most from that game's first period was that Hinds is a large dude. He was noticeably bigger than his partner Helleson.
Taller, yeah. But the listings I've seen have him at 179lbs-188lbs and I think that's very generous. He looks like a stiff breeze might knock him over.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Taller, yeah. But the listings I've seen have him at 179lbs-188lbs and I think that's very generous. He looks like a stiff breeze might knock him over.
The listings are often shit. They might be new or from 10 years ago :laugh:
Here is a screenshot from the rookie tournament. Here's Hinds with Gaucher behind him. I think he's solid (but sure he will get a bit bigger in the next few years)

1696890766499.png

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad