2023-24 San Diego Gulls/Tulsa Oilers

Feb 7, 2012
Seattle

You guys are going to love crnk!!!

Seems he was much better the season before?

Hard to really compare, he was with Saskatoon the season before and he was traded to Seattle he took a back seat a bit when first round picks Lambert and Guenther came on board. Seattle was loaded with nhl picks and prospects, he was usually on our 3rd line. He was by far our best player in the memorial cup

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
You guys are going to love crnk!!!

Hard to really compare, he was with Saskatoon the season before and he was traded to Seattle he took a back seat a bit when first round picks Lambert and Guenther came on board. Seattle was loaded with nhl picks and prospects, he was usually on our 3rd line. He was by far our best player in the memorial cup
Appreciate the insight.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Lots of these young forwards gulls have signed= won’t block any of our larger drafted players when they need to make the jump

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Really interesting the organizational focus on media this offseason. Wood obviously and Zilch perhaps didn't fulfill whatever ideas they have in mind.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
They might just be cost-saving moves. Wood was up for a new contract, no idea with Zilch but I'd bet the same was true.
do you think Etem is that much cheaper than Wood would've been? Wood made it sound like he would've done anything to stay, but i guess that's only his side of the story.

it's just such 180 degree change in style and on-air personality. I didn't think Wood was that great, but i actually am not sure how good Etem will be at it. gonna be interesting to see what he brings.

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
Unless Zilch is coming up to the big club?

There were a few games last season where Ahlers completely lost his voice...

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
do you think Etem is that much cheaper than Wood would've been? Wood made it sound like he would've done anything to stay, but i guess that's only his side of the story.

it's just such 180 degree change in style and on-air personality. I didn't think Wood was that great, but i actually am not sure how good Etem will be at it. gonna be interesting to see what he brings.
I don't know for certain but probably. Wood was up for (I think) his 4th contract, regardless of what you think of his quality, he was way more experienced than Etem and could have commanded more money.

Reactions: Mr Rogers

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Just like in a lot of other industries, they were probably looking for someone to do not just their primary job but extracurricular stuff as far as social media, fan engagement, relate to the younger generation, etc. That’s something I wouldn’t expect Wood to do or do well. So Etem replacing Wood makes a lot of sense to me, especially since Wood isn’t exactly an A-lister.

Surprised about Zilch though, since he seemed like a quality AHL announcer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad