Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion X

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Dan is the guy that loves Hanifin.I have started watching him way closer since and he was right about him.He would instantly make Bruins better in a couple areas.Beautiful skater and that will help as he ages.
Bruins add Hanifin and a tough 4th line winger - I’m ready to roll

I can’t agree with many friends on anything- politics, dogs, Patriots moves, pizza, women, but we do agree - Donny adds Hanifin that D is outstanding

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Bruins add Hanifin and a tough 4th line winger - I’m ready to roll

I can’t agree with many friends on anything- politics, dogs, Patriots moves, pizza, women, but we do agree - Donny adds Hanifin that D is outstanding
I agree but I don't think it's happening unless he makes it to free agency in the summer. Doubt we can win any sort of bidding war with other trade deadline teams interested in him ....nor do I think we should empty our almost bare cupboards...Calgary will be looking for a very big return

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
the one that got away for me ...and several others on this board

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Problem for CBJ is they have so many bad, borderline untradeable contracts that the next GM pretty much has to work with what he has an re-tool rather than rebuild. They can't get out from under Gaudreau, Werenski, Gudbranson, Severson, Merzlikins, Laine, etc. and all are signed for a minimum two more years after this one.

Their only real assets of value are Jenner, UFA Roslovic, Provorov, and their young players and picks.

You can't say ownership meddled or didn't allow Jarmo plenty of time and rope.

He finally ran out of both.

I hope JD can right the ship.

IveGotToBeMe

Jul 1, 2012
RI
It’s time for a good old fashioned hockey trade (including Ullmark) not just a prospect and pick for a 7th forward/5th defenseman type. We aren’t close to blow it up mode but we need something meaningful and, unfortunately, that usually includes some fan favorites (think like Espo type trade). Sorry but it’s time if this team thinks they will get anywhere in the playoffs. Need to stop thinking of fringe trades.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I want to see Lysell play with Marchand and Coyle. Beecher needs to be called up. Bruins have a few weeks to determine if DeBrusk fits with Zacha and Pastrnak since that should be DeBrusk's spot long-term if he's extended.

Bruins need to trade for a LD to replace Grzelcyk and/or Forbort.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
I want to see Lysell play with Marchand and Coyle. Beecher needs to be called up. Bruins have a few weeks to determine if DeBrusk fits with Zacha and Pastrnak since that should be DeBrusk's spot long-term if he's extended.

AGM of the Flames was apparently there for the 2nd straight game. Shouldn't let him leave town without the framwork of a Hanifin deal done. Team desperately needs another real top 4 defenseman to play next to McAvoy.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

They need to replace both, quickly. I give Forbort a bit of a break as I think he is still hurt

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
Coyle is having a career year. He's done everything and more than what he's been asked to. Geekie set up the Frederic goal and was battling along the boards. The issue on that line is 74.
He needs to stop worrying about his next payday. Guy has scored 50 pts in a season once and is on pace for 40 points this season, Why would they want to lock him up long term? It's going to take 6+ and for that, pass. Let him put it together maybe with someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad