Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Please only trade our 2005 first and top young guys for a legit #1 C Who is 25-26 or younger if available.

Reactions: bbfan419

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Alright, should we talk Chychrun again?

If price was similar would you prefer him over Hanifin?

Or are you on team Lorhei as top 4D right now?
Chychrun or Hanifanor both ,I am greedy , with age difference not being that much between them and Loheri it is a no brainer, even if it means moving Loheri to get it done.

This must be a troll bot?! Throw in Ullmark for a 7th!
no a 6th,I am holding out.......hahaha

Reactions: TobanWest

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
He'd be a better pickup than Bertuzzi was last year IMO.

Vatrano -- Zacha -- Pasta

Marchand -- Coyle -- DeBrusk

JVR -- Poitras -- Frederic

Heinen -- Beecher -- Geekie
False. Why when people become ex Bruins do people say stuff like this? He was 4-12-16 in 21 regular season games and 5-5-10 to lead the Bruins in scoring in the play-offs.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Yeah, I don't get the meme that Bertuzzi wasn't good for us. He was last on the list of why the Bruins checked out in the first round.
I mean if we're going to rip on Gryz every playoff for turning the puck over in our own zone, I think it's fair to complain about that aspect of Bertuzzis game. Never saw so many blind passes to the middle of the ice inside of our own blue line before that series...

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Yeah, I don't get the meme that Bertuzzi wasn't good for us. He was last on the list of why the Bruins checked out in the first round.
It's clearly only due to the fact he's no longer a Bruin. It's a weird mindset

Reactions: jgatie

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I mean if we're going to rip on Gryz every playoff for turning the puck over in our own zone, I think it's fair to complain about that aspect of Bertuzzis game. Never saw so many blind passes to the middle of the ice inside of our own blue line before that series...
The majority of the team really seemed to have forgotten how to play hockey,I mean an aggressive physical forcheck is pretty much the norm for the playoffs,but it was like the Bruins had never heard or seen it before .

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Another Mandela effect. He had 7. Fourth on the team. Also second in take aways Marchand had 13 including the two lazy plays that lost games 5 and 7 in OT

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Another Mandela effect. He had 7. Fourth on the team. Also second in take aways Marchand had 13 including the two lazy plays that lost games 5 and 7 in OT
I don't really trust takeaway numbers, but additionally:

1. Not every turnover is the same. Bert had some really really bad ones inside of our own blue line.

2. Some of those blind passes narrowly went to our guy or went across the ice and avoided their guys - doesn't mean it wasn't a bad play still.

I'm not saying he was the worst player ever, but he made some pretty poor decisions in our own end

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
When Gryz is a PPG+ in the playoffs, I'll excuse his turnovers. Hell, if he gets to .5 PPG in the playoffs, I'll cut him some slack.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I see a lot of you haven't watched more than a few minutes of Chychrun this year.

Carry on

I dunno, tire fire teams make some players look worse than they are (like Hampus Lindholm on the Ducks) and some make them look better than they are (like Matt Stajan on the Leafs). I don't think 39 games this season changes who he is. A big body that can score goals and put up points that has only played on bad defensive teams... so who knows on the end of the ice.

Reactions: Guelph Bruin

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
False. Why when people become ex Bruins do people say stuff like this? He was 4-12-16 in 21 regular season games and 5-5-10 to lead the Bruins in scoring in the play-offs.

Settle down. I was fine with what Bertuzzi did for us, although the gaffes were huge. I think Vatrano would be better because he's a more natural goal scorer, which is what this team needs. Vatrano also has a little bit more grit to his game than Bertuzzi.

Reactions: Mick Riddleton

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I don't really trust takeaway numbers, but additionally:

1. Not every turnover is the same. Bert had some really really bad ones inside of our own blue line.

2. Some of those blind passes narrowly went to our guy or went across the ice and avoided their guys - doesn't mean it wasn't a bad play still.

I'm not saying he was the worst player ever, but he made some pretty poor decisions in our own end
Not the worst player ever but could be the most overrated by Sweeny and some people on this board. I always said he was an OK depth D, nothing more, this year his is struggling to be even that.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Not the worst player ever but could be the most overrated by Sweeny and some people on this board. I always said he was an OK depth D, nothing more, this year his is struggling to be even that.

Bertuzzi is a forward.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Settle down. I was fine with what Bertuzzi did for us, although the gaffes were huge. I think Vatrano would be better because he's a more natural goal scorer, which is what this team needs. Vatrano also has a little bit more grit to his game than Bertuzzi.
I like both players, both are gritty, Bertuzzi more of a pass first guy, Vatrano more of a shoot first. Vatrano would be a nice upgrade back here.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Ryder, Halak and a second for Sidney Crosby ;)

I don't want them trading multiple assets for an expiring contract unless they can re-sign the player and it fills a legitimate need.

I want to see deals with Swayman and to a lesser extent,JVR get done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad