Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
My leaf co worker just asked if I think the Bruins would trade Gryz to Toronto for a retained Bert...

They can't .. There is no way they could make the money work without a significant other move etc

My gut feeling is that I don't think they're gonna want to go into next season with Lysell, Merk, and Poitras all in the top 9, especially not if Beecher is at 4C and Lohrei is in the top 4 with no safety net behind him. Too much youth for a team that is trying to compete.

Yeah I don't see it, especially if you are talking about Merk playing a position he has not shown he can play in the pros.

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
That would surely fix Toronto’s defensive issues, it’s a tough call but yes please in a millisecond
What kind of terrible defensive issues does Toronto have if Gryz is a fix for them? If they are looking for a player who plays scared and slows up on a puck in the corner to let someone else get it due to fear of being hit, then we have just what they’re looking for.

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
I can’t imagine they’d cut bait a half season into that deal. Terrible asset management and far too quick.

But what the hell is going on there? I just assumed he was part of the Kings’ success this year. Helping drive it. Dude is on the third line. :dunno:

I don’t think they’re on the buyout route. But they have to be shocked and disappointed. That’s an awful start.
DuBois seems like a malcontent wherever he goes.

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
Boone Jenner's contract with Columbus is over after this season. I'd like to see him in black and gold (not Pittsburgh, either). He has a solid 54% career FO winning percentage. His current annual cap hit is 3.75M.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Boone Jenner's contract with Columbus is over after this season. I'd like to see him in black and gold (not Pittsburgh, either). He has a solid 54% career FO winning percentage. His current annual cap hit is 3.75M.
Jenner has two more years

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
What kind of terrible defensive issues does Toronto have if Gryz is a fix for them? If they are looking for a player who plays scared and slows up on a puck in the corner to let someone else get it due to fear of being hit, then we have just what they’re looking for.
It was mostly sarcasm

But honestly looking at their d-group it might still be an upgrade hilariously enough

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Somehow only 30

I wouldn’t mind having him for 2 more years at 3.75 mill or whatever it is
Boone Jenner is excellent and can play on my team any day.

I can’t imagine that the Jackets would let him go. Not without significant overpay. I know I sure as hell wouldn’t.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Boone Jenner is excellent and can play on my team any day.

I can’t imagine that the Jackets would let him go. Not without significant overpay. I know I sure as hell wouldn’t.
Not to mention his cap hit being so low. I’ve wanted him in a Bruins jersey since watching him in the play a few games while in junior hockey years ago.

Reactions: Grimey

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
My gut feeling is that I don't think they're gonna want to go into next season with Lysell, Merk, and Poitras all in the top 9, especially not if Beecher is at 4C and Lohrei is in the top 4 with no safety net behind him. Too much youth for a team that is trying to compete.
Agreed, wouldn't be surprised if they gave Poitras some time in Providence as well for a portion of next year....they definitely would have this year if they were able

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Please continue here:

IMG_1087.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad