Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Please continue.

Also carryover from previous thread:

And if you initiate or engage in an attempt to derail the conversation, we're just gonna ban you from the thread. No personal shots. No blanket statements about the fandom. No arguments in bad faith. Done with it.

Thanks all!

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Something we don’t talk about is the fourth line.

Beecher rocking 37 or 38% of shots, scoring chances and high danger chances on the ice. That’s…really bad. But you do want to give him a chance to grow into the role, right? Just seems like Lauko and Steen aren’t the right help.
Doesn’t Beecher start in his own zone like 90% of the time? Not sure what we’re to expect.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
50% exactly. 144 d-zone, 123 neutral zone, and yeah he doesn’t get shit (21) in the o-zone. Of course, most shifts start on the fly.

I think that's the most defensive starts on the team, percentage wise at least. When breaking it down to offensive/defensive zones, he's in the defensive zone 90 percent of the time. That's a lot for a rookie.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I think that's the most defensive starts on the team, percentage wise at least. When breaking it down to offensive/defensive zones, he's in the defensive zone 90 percent of the time. That's a lot for a rookie.

Defesnive zone starts for the 4th line has been a bruins staple for some time now.

Of course, that doesn't mean it s always the right thing to do, especially with the current 4th line.

Reactions: UncleRico

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I like Beecher a lot. He's been the single constant on the fourth line, and he's solid. He's done everything that's been asked of him and has carved out a role for himself on this team. He may not have finish, but he does everything else well. Kudos to Sweeney in this instance.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I just read a comment from Jimmy Murphy, his comment was that if Bruins cannot land Lindholm, that they might be interested in Tyler Johnson, I am not someone who think the Bruins should go after Lindholm unless it is a absolute steal, but there is substantial difference in both players, and I have read so many posts about FO% from posters ,he is not a upgrade. This is why when you read my posts I am so critical of Boston media, we all as posters get ripped for posts from time to time and sometimes deserved, haha, but we are not suppose to be the professional's with the knowledge, or inside information, and I am not just talking about the hockey guys, and the radio so called experts being the worse/

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I just read a comment from Jimmy Murphy, his comment was that if Bruins cannot land Lindholm, that they might be interested in Tyler Johnson, I am not someone who think the Bruins should go after Lindholm unless it is a absolute steal, but there is substantial difference in both players, and I have read so many posts about FO% from posters ,he is not a upgrade. This is why when you read my posts I am so critical of Boston media, we all as posters get ripped for posts from time to time and sometimes deserved, haha, but we are not suppose to be the professional's with the knowledge, or inside information, and I am not just talking about the hockey guys, and the radio so called experts being the worse/
No thanks, rather just go with what we got than trade for Johnson.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Someone asked about 4th line w/ specific D. Here are Beecher's 5 on 5 minutes w/ individual D

Carlo 102:57
Lindholm 85:25
Forbort 71:49
Shattenkirk 67:55
McAvoy 53:52
Gryz 49:13
Mitchell 40:51
Wotherspoon 18:10

Makes sense that his top 3 are Carlo, Lindholm and Forbort as they lead the D in DZ Starts/60.

Reactions: Dr Hook

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
I like Beecher a lot. He's been the single constant on the fourth line, and he's solid. He's done everything that's been asked of him and has carved out a role for himself on this team. He may not have finish, but he does everything else well. Kudos to Sweeney in this instance.
Yep. Agree. And he plays with jam. He's set to be one of those lunch pail type Bruins.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
50% exactly. 144 d-zone, 123 neutral zone, and yeah he doesn’t get shit (21) in the o-zone. Of course, most shifts start on the fly.
I just think that considering that, I’m not sure CORSI is the best measurement of his effectiveness.

I’m far from happy with every player on the team, but of those players, Beecher pretty low down my shit list. He’s been good in his role.

Reactions: BBruins and NDiesel

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

I check Boston Hockey Now with a large grain of salt per anything Murphy writes.

I don't always agree, and he often seems stuck in the past, but Mick Colageo has joined the site and knows his stuff. Always a worthy read.

BTW, no way on Tyler Johnson. Murphy throwing poop at the wall, and then admitting at article's end that it won't stick.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

I stopped reading after "Jimmy Murphy". Around here, Thin Skins has about as much legitimacy as a three dollar bill.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
In my opinion, if the Bruins are going to trade what little assets they have left for a center, they need to use them on a center that moves the needle. I don't think Lindholm or Johnson do. Poitras will come back, Merkulov looks good, and unless someone around or below the caliber of a Draisaitl is available, I think the Bruins should look at adding a scoring winger and defenseman instead.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I just think that considering that, I’m not sure CORSI is the best measurement of his effectiveness.

I’m far from happy with every player on the team, but of those players, Beecher pretty low down my shit list. He’s been good in his role.

Most 4th liners around the league have poor CORSI stats. I think we can all agree that Nosek was awesome for his role last year and he rocked a 37.9 CF and they buried him in the defensive zone at the same rate as Beecher ( 90 percent DZ starts ). I don't think there's much more you can ask for Beecher but I get the pushing Monty does to him to keep Beecher on his toes.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
A fourth line on any team is not expected to carry the team. The fourth line should bring some energy to the team. Beecher is not a player I would call an energy player in any way. I see Beecher and our fourth line as whole very vanilla . I hope it can improve going forward . I have seen nothing from Beecher that makes him special. In fact if I was to describe his game I would call it underwhelming .

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
A fourth line on any team is not expected to carry the team. The fourth line should bring some energy to the team. Beecher is not a player I would call an energy player in any way. I see Beecher and our fourth line as whole very vanilla . I hope it can improve going forward . I have seen nothing from Beecher that makes him special. In fact if I was to describe his game I would call it underwhelming .
My thoughts on Steen

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I am watching to see how many likes you get on that comment. I have a opinion but I do not want to sway anyone's opinion, not that I am capable of that.

Reactions: bme44

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
In my opinion, if the Bruins are going to trade what little assets they have left for a center, they need to use them on a center that moves the needle. I don't think Lindholm or Johnson do. Poitras will come back, Merkulov looks good, and unless someone around or below the caliber of a Draisaitl is available, I think the Bruins should look at adding a scoring winger and defenseman instead.
I have to be honest, centers around or even slightly below the caliber of Draisaitl rarely become available. It would be foolish to just wait around for that type of player. I mean the closest center to that caliber that has been moved in recent memory was Jack Eichel? Next up is probably Bo Horvat and then Ryan O'Reilly...

John Tavares in free agency was also a super rare chance.

J.T Miller and Zibanejad were moved before their ceilings were reached.

Unless I am missing someone, Elias Lindholm is one of the most established top line centers that has become available in some time. It is unbelievably difficult to find someone better. Bruins have a massive hole since Bergeron left and I would highly consider moving out roster players such as JD, Gryz, Ullmark if he was willing to sign a long term extension here

Reactions: Mick Riddleton

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Anyone know how reputable Renaud Lavoie is as a reporter? Like is his report that the reason Hanifin's market has slowed is cause everyone knows he wants to be a bruins worth taking seriously, or is Lavoie like a French language Jimmy Murphy?

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Anyone know how reputable Renaud Lavoie is as a reporter? Like is his report that the reason Hanifin's market has slowed is cause everyone knows he wants to be a bruins worth taking seriously, or is Lavoie like a French language Jimmy Murphy?

Renaud "Peaux Fines" Lavoie.

Reactions: BlackFrancis

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Oh yeah, I just think that he probably could use some vet help on the fourth line.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL

On the whole, all of our Centers have been decent. Better than what I've expected. Its our wing play (other than Marchand & Pastrnak) that's been poor. We need more from them. Freddy and Heinen aren't shooting enough and DeBrusk couldn't hit the floor falling out of bed this season. Too many passengers playing wing, hoping #88 & #63 carry the offense.

I was worried about scoring depth up front at the start of the season and the cracks are starting to show.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad