Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion V

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
With the way their season has gone, I wonder if the Islanders would be open to moving Clutterbuck. He’s UFA at end of the year, affordable contract before considering retention. He is 36 though.

There isn’t a ton to talk about right now so I’m just musing over it. Nothing more.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I wouldn’t mortgage anything for a deal this year. If we can swap assets like the Studnicka deal last year
In:
Lawson Crouse ($4.3M)
Jake Middleton ($2.45M)

Total: $6.75M

Out:
Matt Grzelcyk ($3.67M)
Derek Forbort ($3M)
Prospect/Picks

Total: $6.67M
Those are good targets. I am not convinced that it is a good year to spend the assets it would take to get Crouse. Middleton seems like a good value target for this team if Sweeney can work a good deal.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
I was leading the get-Middleton train a few years ago when he was in SJ but he's leading Minny D in pts right now and is young enough to be part of the solution there.

I'd go after the younger, bigger Foligno ifI'm calling Minny. I'd like Lauzon back now that he's better and into his man-strength years.

Reactions: Kegs

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
With Lucic out I wonder if they could get Zack MacEwen. He was on waivers from Ottawa a few weeks ago so he should be cheap. I've always thought he was a good 4th liner. (Apparently the entire NHL disagrees because he cleared waivers.) I remember a game last year where he was a big factor for Philly, throwing big hits, getting the Bruins to take penalties, playing with energy...

He makes the league minimum and could be a 4RW option against heavy teams.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
With Lucic out I wonder if they could get Zack MacEwen. He was on waivers from Ottawa a few weeks ago so he should be cheap. I've always thought he was a good 4th liner. (Apparently the entire NHL disagrees because he cleared waivers.) I remember a game last year where he was a big factor for Philly, throwing big hits, getting the Bruins to take penalties, playing with energy...

Dude he’s terrible come on.

Reactions: lopey

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023

We don't need another bad ex-Senator 4th liner, we have one at home

Reactions: lopey and Kegs

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
MacEwen is 27. Reaves is 36.
Dude we’re taking about Zac MacEwan. Come on man.
AFB57C9B-17A6-41B6-B68F-C49A21BFD1E0.jpeg

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

I'd expect this from Fenian but you?

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Dude we’re taking about Zac MacEwan. Come on man. View attachment 772095
You’re acting like I’m looking to plug him into the top6. I’m looking for an AJ Greer type we can acquire for free to play an AJ Greer role. I would expect a guy like that to have a stat sheet exactly like that.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
You’re acting like I’m looking to plug him into the top6. I’m looking for an AJ Greer type we can acquire for free to play an AJ Greer role. I would expect a guy like that to have a stat sheet exactly like that.
AJ Greer wasn’t good enough to make this team. We don’t need a guy who sucks at hockey but can
punch stuff come on man

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I'd expect this from Fenian but you?
Haha, why not? I’m not anti-physical. I don’t think it impacts games as much as Fenian or Sheppy, but I do think it can be a tool. I think I ranked it 5th or 6th on the list of things that can impact a playoff series. If the Bruins don’t advance in the playoffs with this team, I’d still put other roster issues ahead of physical play, as the reason why. But if they could improve their physical play on the cheap why not look at that?

Sweeney clearly wanted to add that element when he signed Lucic. I imagine he wants to replace it now.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Someone who is able to skate, consistently forecheck, and be the go to guy to stick up for a teammate if needed.
Ok but how do you do it? In November.

You have to say who you’re willing to lose from this roster (other than Grizz who everyone wants to kick to the curb).

Who are you willing to lose?

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I’m acting like you’re trying to put him into a lineup that’s 14-1-3
That 14-1-3 team got there in part because of guys like Lucic and Pat Brown, another player you were sure couldn’t play, but Brown was in the lineup tonight over Steen because the Bruins wanted to ice a heavier team, and it was the right call. Brown and his heavy board game was excellent.

Reactions: PB37

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Ok but how do you do it? In November.

You have to say who you’re willing to lose from this roster (other than Grizz who everyone wants to kick to the curb).

Who are you willing to lose?
Personally I’m not willing to lose anyone (to add that element), which is why I’m looking at guys on the waiver wire.

I honestly don’t know if MacEwen is that guy or not, but those are the kinds of guys I think they should be looking at to fill that role.

Reactions: Kegs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad