Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
If their ask is Frederick than that should be a very short phone call. That's a **** no

In general not happy at all. But everyone has a price. But I'd have to be absolutely blown away by an offer to let Carlo go. He is extremely valuable, and really underpaid for what he delivers. And they have absolutely no one who can replace him, and even adding Hanifin, does nothing to replace him.

Who is your #2 RHD at that point? Someone playing their wrong side, which they seem to hate doing
I just don't see what the hype is with Carlo, And Im blinded by that so I guess I never will. He make way to many blunders for this stage of his career.

We want a tougher team especially on D, I will give in to the fact he's great with his stick unless the puck is on it.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
You have to think any trade involving Middleton starts with the 2025 1st unless Sweeney has something up his sleeve

I wonder if the Bruins and Wild do engage in trade talks, would this be where you see a old school hockey trade?

Guerin and Sweeney were teammates in both Boston and Dallas. Billy G is a gun-slinger and if there was one GM who would likely want to make a hockey trade as opposed to sending out current players for lottery tickets, it's Guerin.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
You have to think any trade involving Middleton starts with the 2025 1st unless Sweeney has something up his sleeve
No to Middleton - way way over-rated around here. Target Duhaime.

Bruins somehow need to find scoring!!! Preferably bigger forward if not speedy skilled forward.

Any unsigned college players the bruins could target ... ready to make impact this year?

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I told @DKH a couple of weeks ago (? I have no sense of time) that Jacob Middleton has been informed by his agent that the Bruins were expressing a lot of interest. I know his family very well since they live down the street from me and everyone would welcome the move including Jacob.

I don't know how far talks got, if they've ended or are still ongoing so please don't ask. I can't tell you what I don't know.

Hi Dom!! Great to see you post.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

Bruins somehow need to find scoring!!! Preferably bigger forward if not speedy skilled forward.

Any unsigned college players the bruins could target ... ready to make impact this year?
Lauzon would be cheaper but I do not think Nashville would move him. I like Middleton but he is not as physical as people think, he would far and away be the Bruins most physical D however and I would love to get him here.

DeBrusk would do it and they could get Duhaime as well who I also like a great deal.

If they do this it would require replacing DeBrusk and I would try to get Frank Vatrano back. Not as good a player as DeBrusk but much more consistent and more physical.

Arber Xhekaj is a young, physical D who would look great here. I would do Merkulov and another pick/prospect or the 2025 first for him as Montreal is suppose to be looking for a first for him. He could easily develop into a 30-35 point D who is a well above average fighter and hitter. He is far and away the most physical of the D's mentioned so far in this post.

College free agents I am not sure but a cheap, quick fix for the fourth line could be Max Comtois who is a free agent play for the Chicago Wolves on an AHL only deal.
Stat line
36121527705 fights

Cost nothing, if he can't play at an NHL level anymore he goes to Providence. Sign him to a league minimum deal.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
If he was slightly better than he is, for sure, I love the way he plays the game.

He just sucks.
Like his game but overpaid for what he brings, Liam O'Brien can do the same job for less than half his salary.

I told @DKH a couple of weeks ago (? I have no sense of time) that Jacob Middleton has been informed by his agent that the Bruins were expressing a lot of interest. I know his family very well since they live down the street from me and everyone would welcome the move including Jacob.

I don't know how far talks got, if they've ended or are still ongoing so please don't ask. I can't tell you what I don't know.
Thank you for the update, hope you are feeling better.

Reactions: HustleB

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
I just don't see a realistic scenario where Gryz or DeBrusk get dealt. Gryz gets brought up in a lot of trade proposals, but his stock has been higher than it is right now and Sweeney never moved him. Heck, many of us, myself included, thought he was a lock to be a member of the Kraken and Sweeney protected him.

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015

Hiiii welcome back!

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

I believe it is almost impossible to get a college Free agent at this point in history who could make an impact in year 1. So many recent examples of guys who were considered as absolutely are ready for NHL right away and don't make that immediate transition.

Reactions: Blowfish

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Thanks for the inside info.

Just knowing they are looking to address what many of us feel is a need, is encouraging.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
charges dropped, give lucic a month to get in game shape and we’re cooking

He's still got a ways to go: he's in the player assistance program, and they will have to green light his release from it. Charges were dropped, but the alcohol abuse that led to the incident is still a thing. I would be surprised if he's back this season, and honestly, surprised if the Bruins would take him back given how they typically handle these types of situations.

Is this serious? As in charges dropped?

Reactions: JCRO

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
How would folks feel if Carlo is the one to go? As you all know Im not a fan of his game and would be happy if we move on from him.

Especially if the Hanifin stuff is somewhat accurate.

Here’s the thing with Carlo. He’s never going to be the menacing, physical force some of us would like, but at the end of the day, he does way more good than harm.

The only way I'd be okay with him being moved would be if they brought in Hanafin and a Middleton type and moved him out to make the salaries work.

IMO

McAvoy, Lindholm, Hanafin, Middleton, Wotherspoon, Forbort, Grzelcyk

is better than what they have at the moment.

Highly unlikely to happen though, at least in-season.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Here’s the thing with Carlo. He’s never going to be the menacing, physical force some of us would like, but at the end of the day, he does way more good than harm.

The only way I'd be okay with him being moved would be if they brought in Hanafin and a Middleton type and moved him out to make the salaries work.
Plus he's a right side D, and you'd have a big hole to fill there. Carlo is one of those guys that forwards in the league hate to go against. Most of us could wish he was a bit more rugged and prick-like (to use a Cassidy-ism) but he's really, really good, and the lack of physicality I think hides the fact somewhat.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
I want nothing to do with Lucic on this team. They need to figure out if they can get any cap relief and cut him.
I don’t think they can cut him if he wasn’t convicted of anything. Unless it was a mutual decision, it sets a really bad precedence that I’m sure the NHLPA wouldn’t support.

Reactions: JRull86
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad