Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
The bottom 6 on this roster as currently constructed gives you nothing every night. It's time to nut the f*** up and call up the kids, cause they can't be worse then this.

Reactions: Skelen and Bodit9

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
39 games 30 points. I'm in.

39 games 30 points. I'm in.
Bruins are not taking on this guys salary & if they did I would be posting weekly for change at GM.Yes the Bruins need help at centre but do you really want to tie up 5 million cap on this guy going into off season ?Think longer term Donny.They can do better in my humble opinion.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Bruins are not taking on this guys salary & if they did I would be posting weekly for change at GM.Yes the Bruins need help at centre but do you really want to tie up 5 million cap on this guy going into off season ?Think longer term Donny.They can do better in my humble opinion.
Wish his salary was less the guy is producing incredibly on a putrid sharks team. Mayhe we can send some crap salary and make it work.

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
Lucic being an idiot really threw a wrench into things. We need scoring and we need a physical pushback.

Steen, Boquist, Richard, Lauko just aren't cutting it now

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
At forward, the Bruins need to somehow figure out how to get Lysell and Beecher on the roster. I would like to see Lysell with Marchand and Coyle and hopefully Montgomery keeps DeBrusk with Zacha and Pastrnak together, they looked great tonight.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I told @DKH a couple of weeks ago (? I have no sense of time) that Jacob Middleton has been informed by his agent that the Bruins were expressing a lot of interest. I know his family very well since they live down the street from me and everyone would welcome the move including Jacob.

I don't know how far talks got, if they've ended or are still ongoing so please don't ask. I can't tell you what I don't know.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I told @DKH a couple of weeks ago (? I have no sense of time) that Jacob Middleton has been informed by his agent that the Bruins were expressing a lot of interest. I know his family very well since they live down the street from me and everyone would welcome the move including Jacob.

I don't know how far talks got, if they've ended or are still ongoing so please don't ask. I can't tell you what I don't know.
I would be happy getting Middleton and Duhaime, just can't be trading any more top picks, offer one of Forbort or Grizz + Steen + Beecher and a smaller piece Zboril?

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I would be happy getting Middleton and Duhaime, just can't be trading any more top picks, offer one of Forbort or Grizz + Steen + Beecher and a smaller piece Zboril?
I don’t think that deal gets you much of anything. Maybe a mid to late round pick from a contender that needs Forbort or Grizz. Definitely not one of the top dmen on the market.

Reactions: CDJ

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

thanks Dom.
Great seeing you here. Take care of yourself.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
I don’t think that deal gets you much of anything. Maybe a mid to late round pick from a contender that needs Forbort or Grizz. Definitely not one of the top dmen on the market.
Re Middleton

Agree..trading Steen and Zboril is the hockey equivalent of cleaning out the basement. Grizz is a UFA who has played his value down over the year. Forbort might have some value but at $3m is overpaid

Jake is horribly inconsistent and a UFA, Beecher has been buried in Providence

if I am the Wild I ignore them all- their ask is Frederick

Reactions: Ladyfan

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
How would folks feel if Carlo is the one to go? As you all know Im not a fan of his game and would be happy if we move on from him.

Especially if the Hanifin stuff is somewhat accurate.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Re Middleton

Agree..trading Steen and Zboril is the hockey equivalent of cleaning out the basement. Grizz is a UFA who has played his value down over the year. Forbort might have some value but at $3m is overpaid

If their ask is Frederick than that should be a very short phone call. That's a **** no

How would folks feel if Carlo is the one to go? As you all know Im not a fan of his game and would be happy if we move on from him.

Especially if the Hanifin stuff is somewhat accurate.

In general not happy at all. But everyone has a price. But I'd have to be absolutely blown away by an offer to let Carlo go. He is extremely valuable, and really underpaid for what he delivers. And they have absolutely no one who can replace him, and even adding Hanifin, does nothing to replace him.

Who is your #2 RHD at that point? Someone playing their wrong side, which they seem to hate doing

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Re Middleton

The Bruins have cultivated Frederics career, and now it is finally paying off, sorry not moving him for that deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad