Prospect Info: 2023-24 Prospect Development Tracker

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Since it looks like we're keeping our 1st, here's my pick for the boy draft at the sphere -

He probably won't make it to the last pick of the 1st round though :popcorn:

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
I hope the Stars have a really good draft. I don't know much about last years draft, but none of the prospects seem that great. Can someone more in tune with the prospects give a recap or one of those prospect pyramids or something?

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
I hope the Stars have a really good draft. I don't know much about last years draft, but none of the prospects seem that great. Can someone more in tune with the prospects give a recap or one of those prospect pyramids or something?

Idk I'm pretty lazy rn but word is that the draft drops off big time after 20 (we've heard this before). I'd really like to see us draft a natural wing like Parascak, but his stock is probably climbing. Who knows what will happen with Kiviharju. Talented defender who was projected to be a high pick years ago but has struggled in the Liiga against men and has injury concerns for sure. Part of me wonders if Nill/McDonnell will look for another D-man to replace Grushnikov and we have no 2nd.

I like Alexandre Blais a lot too. We basically have no picks in this draft though so I don't expect for us to draft anyone I know lol.

I'll put Cole Beaudoin down too. A lot of lists have him too low imo but if he's in that range, I could see Dallas picking him

Last edited:

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Pretty sure this franchise just got incredibly lucky and isn't actually run by smart people :laugh:

Reactions: M88K

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Nill signed a deal with the Devil.

We got Wyatt and Stank but were forced to draft and keep Ertel's career alive by any means necessary.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Also, how does a guy that's 6'2" and turns 21 in 2 months not dominate the OHL? He's barely a point a game and 4th on his team in points.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Outsider here that gets to watch Ertel live. Wouldn't have expected him to sign a deal at the end of last season despite his teams success. However he has brought his game to the next level this season. Vital part of the team's success. Been a key member on the PK, great on the back, had a great play this past Sunday where he hustled back and stripped the puck without taking a penalty and sent it up the ice. Much more physical this year, will hit but not a fighter. Only thing that drives me insane is he takes a lot of stickwork penalties slash/hook.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Also, how does a guy that's 6'2" and turns 21 in 2 months not dominate the OHL? He's barely a point a game and 4th on his team in points.
He plays 3rd line minutes on a very stacked team. Top line of the team has 3 kids that have been paired together for their major junior career, easily in the talks for the top line in junior hockey. 2nd line has also clicked at an incredible pace for the team with Florida prospect Sandis Vilmanis scoring at a goal per game rate since that line was formed. That leaves Ertel on the 3rd line with 2 06 born players. One of them being a 5'7 agitator that's has plenty of a skill of course and younger developing power forward. Mentioned previously also a vital member on the PK. Guy's worked hard and his game has improved dramatically

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad