BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Well now I got to see it
1699147213943.png

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

Another article about Bichsel's out option if he's not in the NHL by december 1st. Bichsel says he hasn't made a decision yet if he's gonna join Rögle or not. Says he's currently talking about it with his father, his agent and "several players". Bichsel also says it's gonna be a "good decision" either way.

Not mentioned in the article but it will also be interesting to find out if he's planning on playing the WJC20 or not and if that's gonna play a role in the decision making process.

I know him and his camp weren't initially interested in playing AHL. Also, his girlfriend is Swedish and very much Sweden based. Personally, I think there's a pretty good chance he goes but we'll see. He seems pretty happy in Cedar Park as well now that he's got his own proper place (together with Blümel and Wheatcroft) and no longer has to stay in hotels.

Last edited:

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla

There’s one of our 2027 draft picks if you’re interested.

Played a preseason game with Kamloops apparently so he’s right on track.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I see Seminoff only has 2 assists so far. He adjusting to pro?

4th line role, no powerplay time. He's an effective 4th line guy and PKer but hasn't shown a ton offensively outside of a few flashes. Not really his role though like I mentioned, playing with Stranges & Wheatcroft usually so someone has gotta defend on that line lol. I do think the coaches like his responsible play though otherwise he definitely wouldn't see PK time on a team that has plenty of guys who could play that role

Texas is deep though, I'm hoping we see more from him offensively in the coming seasons as guys graduate from the AHL level

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
4th line role, no powerplay time. He's an effective 4th line guy and PKer but hasn't shown a ton offensively outside of a few flashes. Not really his role though like I mentioned, playing with Stranges & Wheatcroft usually so someone has gotta defend on that line lol. I do think the coaches like his responsible play though otherwise he definitely wouldn't see PK time on a team that has plenty of guys who could play that role

Texas is deep though, I'm hoping we see more from him offensively in the coming seasons as guys graduate from the AHL level
Any chance he gets sent back to junior?

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Bertucci skating with the puck and attacking. This is what we want to see. (2nd assist is edited very tightly but he brought the puck up the ice before what it shows)

Reactions: Kcb12345 and LT

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Hey guys, Canucks fan here (but also Kamloops Blazers fan as I lived in Kamloops for several years). Do you think Stankoven gets called up this season? Maybe as a “black ace” for the playoffs? Just curious as he seems to be ripping up the AHL.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
He will certainly be called up for the playoffs and it might not be as a black ace, he could step directly into playoff games. Injuries are his main path to being called up during the regular season. He could be the best player in the AHL and that won't "earn" him a callup. Veterans (and their contracts) take precedence on the Stars.

Reactions: Frankie Blueberries

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

Another article about Bichsel's out option if he's not in the NHL by december 1st. Bichsel says he hasn't made a decision yet if he's gonna join Rögle or not. Says he's currently talking about it with his father, his agent and "several players". Bichsel also says it's gonna be a "good decision" either way.

Not mentioned in the article but it will also be interesting to find out if he's planning on playing the WJC20 or not and if that's gonna play a role in the decision making process.

I know him and his camp weren't initially interested in playing AHL. Also, his girlfriend is Swedish and very much Sweden based. Personally, I think there's a pretty good chance he goes but we'll see. He seems pretty happy in Cedar Park as well now that he's got his own proper place (together with Blümel and Wheatcroft) and no longer has to stay in hotels.

Confirmed. Pretty sure this means we'll see him at the WJC20 as well.

Sticktape

Jan 25, 2017
Does Oskar Back have NHL potential or what? He's been around for a while and his numbers are taking a jump this year.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Does Oskar Back have NHL potential or what? He's been around for a while and his numbers are taking a jump this year.

Third fourth line Center-ish . Faksa type would be the best case . Difficult to judge at this point without seeing him in actual NHL games and thats not happening without someone getting injured which you never want.

Sticktape

Jan 25, 2017
Third fourth line Center-ish . Faksa type would be the best case . Difficult to judge at this point without seeing him in actual NHL games and thats not happening without someone getting injured which you never want.
What's his skating like?

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Faksa can at least handle, and protect the puck when he has it. Bàck has some of the worst puck control I've seen in an otherwise decent two-way forward.

Pretty sure Bàck's numbers are a little inflated too from some bizarre blowout games: points are points, but he's not a shift to shift impact player, so I would say his chances are nil.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Ouch. I mean, I think a one gamer for the outcome is a reasonable suspension. Unlucky that the guy who is giving him a lumbar massage is extended down and Minnetian would otherwise have caught him in the chest.

That was 100% a f*** around and find out moment right there for the other guy.

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
Literally at least offensively, Seminoff is doing nothing. Possibility of being sent back to Kamloops to play for a contender?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad