Prospect Info: 2023-24 Prospect Development Tracker

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Bertucci finally picks up points this season. He has a shorthanded goal and a secondary assist.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

I don't know if it was reported already but for those who were, much like me, wondering why Bichsel is playing AHL instead of SHL: I don't know any details but apparently Bichsel has a clause in his contract that allows him to finish the season in Europe if he's not in the NHL by december. Apparently the plan is to join Rögle BK, as reported in the summer.

redbeardtx

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX

I don't know if it was reported already but for those who were, much like me, wondering why Bichsel is playing AHL instead of SHL: I don't know any details but apparently Bichsel has a clause in his contract that allows him to finish the season in Europe if he's not in the NHL by december. Apparently the plan is to join Rögle BK, as reported in the summer.
What a diva

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Since some call ups are contract driven, this bodes well to get him here in the NHL by December. Maybe Suter will develop a uniform allergy, or something similar to further justify it. I haven't followed this site as much as usual, but didn't see any mention of hia 3 game suspension.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Let's take a step back before we believe European hockey journalism uncritically.

Reactions: LT

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Since some call ups are contract driven, this bodes well to get him here in the NHL by December. Maybe Suter will develop a uniform allergy, or something similar to further justify it. I haven't followed this site as much as usual, but didn't see any mention of hia 3 game suspension.
We'll see.
Bichsel seems confident he's first in line should Dallas need a defenseman but I'm not sure if he necessarily is.

I also don't know if he's necessarily NHL ready. Had he stayed healthy over the years then I'd be much more confident about it than I'm now. Personally I thought that after all the injuries an extra season in Sweden would have been really helpful but we'll see how it shakes out now.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Went to the STH luncheon today. I wanted to ask about the "NHL by December" contract, but wasn't aggressive enough to raise my hand in time. Not sure how to read the tea leaves, but recall Nill downplaying Wyatt making the team last year (the lunch was pre-season last time), and he mentioned Liam was "very close" a few times, even more than Stank or Mav. He laughed about his 3 game suspension, as a learning experience for him, but he is already the biggest Star, with room to grow at age 19. Nill also profusely praised size in general and the LV D in particular, as was his style until he took a chance on Stank. I guess it is a copycat league and if the champ wins with big D, big D is a trend......at least in Big D.

I may be projecting, but I felt like he may be leaning toward bringing him up. Another year in the Swiss league or wherever isn't probably going to move the needle for him.

No other real bombshells, although Jankow detailed the cap problems a bit. It sounds like they don't have the money to bring someone up until Dec. 28 (which fits nicely with Liam's timeline, don't you think?)

Nill also thought that PHX will not move to Houston or anywhere else because of the expected billion dollar new franchise fee the owners still want. He mentioned Houston, Atlanta, and Salt Lake as players.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Y'all better hope Angus and Bertucci don't do anything tonight because otherwise you're going to have to look at Flint's uniforms

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Y'all better hope Angus and Bertucci don't do anything tonight because otherwise you're going to have to look at Flint's uniforms
You have a problem with the American flag had an orgasm look?

• Haha
Reactions: piqued

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad