NBA 2023-24 NBA Season Thread

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Pistons GM Troy Weaver got into a verbal confrontation during today's game against Dallas with a Piston's fan. :amazed:

from cbssports.com:

The Detroit Pistons are in the middle of what has undoubtedly been the worst four-year stretch in franchise history. Since Troy Weaver took over as general manager, Detroit has a 70-229 record. They have 17 fewer wins than any other NBA team in that span. Earlier this season, they broke the record for the longest single-season losing streak in league history by racking up 28 straight defeats. While Detroit has accumulated some promising talent in that stretch, its young players have failed to coalesce, and at this point, the Pistons still seem far away from high-level winning.

All of that losing has taken its toll on everyone involved. That apparently includes not only Weaver, but Detroit's fans as well. On Sunday, a video surfaced that showed an altercation between Weaver and a Pistons fan that got quite heated. The exact context of the incident is unknown, including how or why it started. More so, the audio isn't fully clear for all of it. However, Weaver can be heard apparently saying the words "beat your ass" to the fan, who was wearing a Detroit Red Wings jersey, who responded by saying "you suck at your job."

It is hard to imagine a scenario in which it would be acceptable for an NBA general manager to threaten to beat up a fan, though without knowing what was said before the camera started rolling, it is impossible to really judge what happened. Regardless, tensions are justifiably quite high in Detroit right now, and logic would dictate that Weaver is on quite a hot seat at the moment.

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
Any other athlete with Durant’s talent/ability would have the passion and will and mental toughness needed to stick it out with OKC and push through adversity until finally conquering GS and winning on their own.

Everyone knows this.

Durant though is such a loser and such a weak minded individual that he literally JOINED GS INSTEAD and used that as his path to free, automatic championships without any fight/struggle/effort….it’s still unreal that he did that.

That decision also explains why he relentlessly chokes in clutch moments of games. Why he’s not good enough to be the #1 option on a contender. Why he’ll never be respected by anyone in the league.

KD is a fraud. A loser. And the biggest embarrassment in pro sports history in terms of what could have been.
lol staying in Oklahoma for any reason

Last edited:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
simmons never seemed like he was passionate about the game from the start. guy just coasted on natural talent until the injuries/mental block kicked in

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Wemby is insane. He could dominate the league in a way that we’ve never seen before. Maybe not in any team sport.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Wemby is insane. He could dominate the league in a way that we’ve never seen before. Maybe not in any team sport.

As a Spurs fan this pleases me

That tweet is wrong though, I think Embiid has already accomplished that feat

I guess they meant rookie

But Sochan and Zollins piss me off man

Last edited:

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
As a Spurs fan this pleases me

That tweet is wrong though, I think Embiid has already accomplished that feat

I guess they meant rookie

But Sochan and Zollins piss me off man

I don't really pay much attention to stats like this at this point, it seems like every week at least there's a post in my twitter feed saying so and so is the first player, or the first since Wilt or MJ or whomever, to do this that or the other thing. But just watching the things that Wemby can do and the way he does them is amazing. There are obviously some similarities with Embiid but Wemby is MUCH farther along in his development than Embiid was at that age. Wemby already looks like a 10 year vet on the court. It's scary to think how good he could become.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
I don't really pay much attention to stats like this at this point, it seems like every week at least there's a post in my twitter feed saying so and so is the first player, or the first since Wilt or MJ or whomever, to do this that or the other thing. But just watching the things that Wemby can do and the way he does them is amazing. There are obviously some similarities with Embiid but Wemby is MUCH farther along in his development than Embiid was at that age. Wemby already looks like a 10 year vet on the court. It's scary to think how good he could become.
Yep

I knew he was eventually going to be great but that fast?
no., I didn’t tbh
And he is playing less than 30 mpg

Needs to cut down his turnovers but he’s a 20 year old rookie so I’m not worried

I also love his ultra competitive nature

Reactions: Jack Straw

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
simmons never seemed like he was passionate about the game from the start. guy just coasted on natural talent until the injuries/mental block kicked in

Simmons loves the lifestyle of an NBA player, he seems to not enjoy being an NBA player.
His talent is what got him there, once he reached the NBA he pretty much dipped and said thanks for the cash.

he can now play online games and buy expensive clothing.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Was watching NBA last night and Hawks came back from 30 down to win
BS - that never happened !!!!!!! :thumbd:

1rMo.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4