Laval Rocket: 2023-24 Laval Rocket Thread

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
My guess is that if they fire him, it'll be in the off-season, unless they appoint one of the assistants as an interim and start a coaching search in the summer.
They don't need to fire him, Houle's contract is done at the end of the season.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022

Great. Him and Reinbacher coming just in time to play a handful of meaningless games and miss the playoffs. This team just utterly sucks on defence (team defence, not just the D corps). That’s what ultimately killed them. They should’ve grabbed a stay at home vet early.
They have enough guys who can score, but that seems to have stalled a bit. It didn’t help losing Roy. Gignac hasn’t been the same since coming back. Mailloux is pointless in like 6 games. I think we were somewhat fooled during the winning streak. They maybe took advantage of teams that were depleted which made them look better than they actually are. The standings are still close, but after the last game, I’m not hopeful at all. Losing 7-3 when you more than double the shots is unacceptable.

Reactions: jrom

MeanMugging91

Jan 6, 2016
I wonder where Engstrom and Reinbacher will get there minutes and whose spots will they take? Engstrom in the A and Reinbacher with the main roster practicing with the team (after the limit is lifted)? Kinda hard inserting two defense on Lavals roster as their battling for a playoff spot

Edit: Just looked at the Ahl standing. Looks like they aren't making it. I'm assuming they will both see some action in the Ahl

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I wonder where Engstrom and Reinbacher will get there minutes and whose spots will they take? Engstrom in the A and Reinbacher with the main roster practicing with the team (after the limit is lifted)? Kinda hard inserting two defense on Lavals roster as their battling for a playoff spot

Edit: Just looked at the Ahl standing. Looks like they aren't making it. I'm assuming they will both see some action in the Ahl

Norlinder will most assuredly come out.

Trudeau Reinbacher
Engstrom Mailloux
Bisson Barron

Reactions: MeanMugging91

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
It would be funny if HuGo had another out of left field coach to offer up.

How about Paul Byron? He is smal, ex player, and has no experience coaching at any relevant level. Seems like the blueprint. :D

• Haha
Reactions: Guillermo

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I wonder if team would explore trading a late pick or prospect we don't plan on signing for to get a vet for Laval to keep Roy in Montreal. Best of both worlds imo.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
I wonder if team would explore trading a late pick or prospect we don't plan on signing for to get a vet for Laval to keep Roy in Montreal. Best of both worlds imo.
I don't see the point? Nobody spends picks for AHL vets. Roy can stay in Montreal and Laval can keep going on its own. Roy can be sent down if his play dips.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
The goal is for Laval to make the playoffs. Roy will most likely be sent down to help in that regard.
I'm not sure about that. Also Roy isn't a huge difference maker out there. He somehow looks better in the NHL than the AHL. I think it would be more beneficial for him to stay in the NHL unless his play gets worse. Also Laval is looking like they will miss either way. The biggest hope for Laval is that Engstrom and/or Reinbacher come in and are ready to play a strong role early. This could change their fortune much more than the arrival of an offensive forward.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I'm not sure about that. Also Roy isn't a huge difference maker out there. He somehow looks better in the NHL than the AHL. I think it would be more beneficial for him to stay in the NHL unless his play gets worse. Also Laval is looking like they will miss either way. The biggest hope for Laval is that Engstrom and/or Reinbacher come in and are ready to play a strong role early. This could change their fortune much more than the arrival of an offensive forward.
A conditional pick (becomes a 6th or 7th) if Laval makes the playoffs can probably be done.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Rocket can't keep the puck out of the net. Second most goals against in the entire 32-team AHL.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Laval is probably screwed but one thing that might help is that the Marlies might lose players to the big club for the playoff run. Laval needs to go on a tear though and get some luck asxwell

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
It would be funny if HuGo had another out of left field coach to offer up.

How about Paul Byron? He is smal, ex player, and has no experience coaching at any relevant level. Seems like the blueprint. :D

Pominville is back in the province and coaching hockey. :naughty:

Reactions: Sam de Mtl

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Laval is probably screwed but one thing that might help is that the Marlies might lose players to the big club for the playoff run. Laval needs to go on a tear though and get some luck asxwell
Laval screwed themselves

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So, trade deadline is tomorrow, what would you do to help the Rocket ?

They could use help up front.

Maybe they can move a D for that. They currently have Mailloux, Barron, Trudeau, Norlinder, Bisson, and Galipeau. They also have Tourigny in 3R. Also the expected arrivals of Reinbacher and Engstrom at some point. So it would be good to create some room for them while adding up front.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
So, trade deadline is tomorrow, what would you do to help the Rocket ?

They could use help up front.

Maybe they can move a D for that. They currently have Mailloux, Barron, Trudeau, Norlinder, Bisson, and Galipeau. They also have Tourigny in 3R. Also the expected arrivals of Reinbacher and Engstrom at some point. So it would be good to create some room for them while adding up front.

Get Roy back down, maybe get a C but most of all trade Norlinder for a defensive stud to stabilize the D corps.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00