Laval Rocket: 2023-24 Laval Rocket Thread

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Laval_Rocket_logo.svg.png

2023-24 Laval Rocket

*Line-Up will depend on Habs & Laval camps. Some could be in Montreal while others sent down to 3R.
But these are the players who have a possibility to be on the Laval roster*

- NHL Contracts -
Mitchell Stephens
Philippe Maillet
Lias Andersson
Lucas Condotta
Nicolas Beaudin
Brady Keeper

- ELC -
Joshua Roy
Riley Kidney
Filip Mesar
Emil Heineman
Sean Farrell
Nathan Légaré
Xavier Simoneau
Jan Mysak
Logan Mailloux
Jayden Struble
William Trudeau
Mattias Norlinder
Jacob Dobes

- AHL One-Way -
Gabriel Bourque
Brandon Gignac
Jared Davidson
Jakov Novak
Riley McKay
John Parker-Jones
Miguel Tourigny
Olivier Galipeau
Tobie Bisson
Alex-Olivier Voyer
Strauss Mann

- AHL Two-Way -
Nolan Yaremko
Christopher Ortiz
Noah Laaouan
Zachary Émond

Last edited by a moderator:

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
@Vachon23 Any updates on the change to an assistant coach that was rumored a while ago? I remember Marcotte saying during the summer that Buchberger was planning to return to Western Canada and closer home. And you had mentioned that you were hearing that a new assistant coach would be hired. Any updates?
Yes, it won’t happen. Don’t know why but the candidate I heard is still with his team and plan to coach that team

Reactions: Adam Michaels

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
Or a Marlboro Man style model for Levi Strauss Jeans.
The truth about him is even more interesting, look it up! He was a team captain that left the Michigan program, leading to the firing of the Head Coach once an independent report was released detailing what was occurring in the program, and basically Mann was threatened for speaking up and trying to get the culture changed. He chose to go to Sweden to play rather than return to Michigan. He also was reportedly singled out by the coach in front of the team, and referred to by him as "the jew"

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Alot of folks are excited at the amount of solid prospects that the Laval Rocket will ice this season. One thing I know without a doubt is if you don't add a solid AHL Veteran Group around these kids then the youngsters will struggle. The AHL is a very difficult league and it's vital that there are at least a half dozen solid vets to surround these kids with.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Alot of folks are excited at the amount of solid prospects that the Laval Rocket will ice this season. One thing I know without a doubt is if you don't add a solid AHL Veteran Group around these kids then the youngsters will struggle. The AHL is a very difficult league and it's vital that there are at least a half dozen solid vets to surround these kids with.
They added Lias Andersson, Philippe Maillet as top guns, they'll be fine.

Reactions: Sagikev

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I saw an upgrade for playoffs, but I'm thinking it's allowing me to upgrade to watch all of the AHL, so I'm just wondering, if you subscribe to a team, do you get the playoffs, too for said team ?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

He's missing Gignac, Voyer, Bisson, Tourigny, Beaudin, Galipeau and Yaremko.

Andersson, Maillet, Stephens, Condotta, Bourque, Farrel, Heineman, Simoneau, Gignac, Mysak and Légaré are locks IMO. That's 11 forwards. Roy is basically a lock as well.

That means you have 2 or so spare spots for Voyer, Yaremko, Kidney, McKay, Novak, Parker-Jones and Davidson. I think they will keep McKay for toughness. I think they may keep Parker-Jones as well because big.

That would mean Voyer, Yaremko, Kidney, Novak and Davidson in the ECHL. Smilanic as well if he ends up signing.

Keeper, Trudeau, Norlinder, Struble, Beaudin, Mailloux and Bisson are locks.

I see Galipeau as the front-runner for 8th D.

Laaouan, Tourigny and Ortiz in the ECHL.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It was noticeable in the prospect games I watched. Players with Pro experience were leaders on their teams. Trudeau for us, Nemec and Clarke for Jersey,
Ridly Greig and even Leevi Merilainen for Ottawa. I don't particulalry buy a guy with Pro experience can or should glide in these games.

Reactions: Tyson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad