Injury Report: 2023-24 Injury thread (McGinn out 4 months after back surgery)

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
So our big FW signing is out a while and our GM can’t seem to sign one of our best FW’s. So the team will possibly be headed into the season missing 2 top six forwards. That’s rad.

And I know Killorn will be back in 6 weeks but this situation really blows.
Maybe this give a prospect more reps we we pick up an interesting waiver. Or probably not… we are still a bottom 5 team and that’s the improvement we can expect being the worst team last year. That’s why there hasn’t been any urgency to sign Z or Drysdale.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Basically two weeks still from opening nite so hopefully he only misses two weeks of games ( I know that’s absolute best case)

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
So our big FW signing is out a while and our GM can’t seem to sign one of our best FW’s. So the team will possibly be headed into the season missing 2 top six forwards. That’s rad.

And I know Killorn will be back in 6 weeks but this situation really blows.
I bet the ducks heavy on season point total. First month schedule isn’t great anyways. Will have to be by committee. Defense first etc

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
I just checked, max he should miss is around 12 games. That’s not horrible. At least with a broken finger, you can still skate and workout etc
He rarely missed games in his career unless it’s severe so 12 is actually a ton for him. Playing though injuries and deep into many playoffs takes it toll.

Unfortunately this is just the beginning and a significant thought process for him when he signed his contract with us instead of a contender. Enjoy that we have him for the next 4 years and appreciate his leadership that he will bring in the stands and training room. We can’t expect him to bring his 50-60 point production.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
He rarely missed games in his career unless it’s severe so 12 is actually a ton for him. Playing though injuries and deep into many playoffs takes it toll.

Unfortunately this is just the beginning and a significant thought process for him when he signed his contract with us instead of a contender. Enjoy that we have him for the next 4 years and appreciate his leadership that he will bring in the stands and training room. We can’t expect him to bring his 50-60 point production.
He will be fine. Probably will make him hungrier, a grizzly vet like him.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
We are the mirror image of the angels. Key players (expensive free agents) getting significant injuries from training or before the season even beginning…. potential multiple hold outs as well… starting goalie getting concussed and puking…

We went from a preseason hot streak to potentially breaking down before the season even begins. The only positive is that our prospect will get a lot of opportunities.

Reactions: KelVarnsen

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Nobody:

The Ducks every season:
9e1d8098997daa92fbf6a0559c42b32c8501ea82.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad