Injury Report: 2023-24 Injury thread (McGinn out 4 months after back surgery)

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

It never ended.

will-ferrell-why-w-ont-it-stop.gif

Reactions: Bender66

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Team with no depth cursed by injury luck

Great…..

Team with no depth cursed by injury luck

Great

Troy Terry better no visit Florida, probably get leprosy

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

Another blood clot in Silfvy's leg, gotten after blocking a slapper at Worlds. Will be on meds until September but the docs said it's no biggie medically.

Should note the docs also told him that the chances of another is heightened if you receive a great hit to where you've already had a clot and then fly... Which as he points out is his everyday life.

• Wow
Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
I know the feeling... Of course he'll have the best treatments possible but... Yeah, I don't think he'll ever be the same...

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010

Another blood clot in Silfvy's leg, gotten after blocking a slapper at Worlds. Will be on meds until September but the docs said it's no biggie medically.

Should note the docs also told him that the chances of another is heightened if you receive a great hit to where you've already had a clot and then fly... Which as he points out is his everyday life.
That's scary. And with all of the traveling the NHL teams do, it's seems even riskier.

Reactions: lwvs84 and Static

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I watched the latest installment of Crash the Pond, but it was Felix, Derek Lee, and some new guy b/c Jake was on vacay. Derek needs a better mic setup.

In the podcast, Derek mentioned that he was expecting Vaaks to be ready by October since he got his hip surgery done in early March. According to capfriendly, the expected duration is 6 months. So far, Vaaks hasn't been cleared to play.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
I watched the latest installment of Crash the Pond, but it was Felix, Derek Lee, and some new guy b/c Jake was on vacay. Derek needs a better mic setup.

In the podcast, Derek mentioned that he was expecting Vaaks to be ready by October since he got his hip surgery done in early March. According to capfriendly, the expected duration is 6 months. So far, Vaaks hasn't been cleared to play.
Vaks is a good defensemen... Good Hockey IQ.. Injuries really did him in..

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
I feel as though the plethora of injuries at all times started once we let go of our old medical staff before RC's second tenure. I wouldn't exactly want to work with the Ducks' medical department as a player. And before anyone says that it's only the coaches and the players themselves responsible for injuries: wrong treatment is a common source for re-occurring injuries and/or elevates the risk of new injuries.

And no, I am not an MD, nor do I want to pose as one. But aside from having multiple MDs and nurses in my family, I also had a few talks to some renowned MDs for professional sports teams over the years including, but not limited to, the assistant of world-renowned Dr. Müller-Wohlfahrt, who was the chief MD of FC Bayern München for decades - which helped me understand a thing or two.

Reactions: Mortal Wombat

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
fortunately we're still a few weeks away from the regular season. just hope it's not one of those injuries that lingers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad