Injury Report: 2023-24 Injuries Thread | LTIR: Brown, Sergachev | DTD: Johansson, Motte

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
There is a mile long list of players who've "had chemistry" with Stamkos for like 5 games.

Reactions: Hoek

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
My personal favorite.

There is a mile long list of players who've "had chemistry" with Stamkos for like 5 games.
Ryan Callahan even had chemistry with Stamkos for a game or two at a time. There was like, yeah, 5 games where Killorn-Stamkos-Callahan was red hot.

Drouin actually seemed to have genuine chemistry with Stamkos every time they got a glimpse of ice together. Drouin and Kucherov was a pre-curser to Point-Kucherov.

With Duclair, yeah, the jury is very, very much still out. Can't be overstated how much Philly handed that game to us. But I mean, I'd rather see good chemistry than bad chemistry, and there was definitely something there for one game.

Reactions: Stelio Kontos

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Stamkos and Drouin. About as rare as a sasquatch sighting. 3 years and they had like maybe 25 games together
I think it was way fewer full games. Like 6 or 10 maybe. A few shifts here and there beyond that.

The baffling thing about Drouin's time in Montreal is he showed a ton of skill here, and mainly looked great with Kucherov, but also with Stamkos occasionally.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Ryan Callahan even had chemistry with Stamkos for a game or two at a time. There was like, yeah, 5 games where Killorn-Stamkos-Callahan was red hot.

Drouin actually seemed to have genuine chemistry with Stamkos every time they got a glimpse of ice together. Drouin and Kucherov was a pre-curser to Point-Kucherov.

With Duclair, yeah, the jury is very, very much still out. Can't be overstated how much Philly handed that game to us. But I mean, I'd rather see good chemistry than bad chemistry, and there was definitely something there for one game.

Yeah my thoughts exactly, genuinely surprised how many people think Duclair is a solution already.

The biggest reason guys like Stamkos and Cirelli become black holes is because they lack any sort of playmaking ability. Unless they have an elite passer on their line everything is going to revert to the norm eventually. Stamkos and Paul looked legitimately dangerous too, the next 20 games they bled the most goals against in the league.

Reactions: Outl4w

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I think it was way fewer full games. Like 6 or 10 maybe. A few shifts here and there beyond that.

The baffling thing about Drouin's time in Montreal is he showed a ton of skill here, and mainly looked great with Kucherov, but also with Stamkos occasionally.
To be honest I wanted to say 5 or 10 but I didn't want to sound like I was exaggerating. But that's exactly how I remember it. So I punted and said 25 instead as to still convey how ridiculously infrequent their time together was.

As for the latter part. Yeah. He was dynamite here because we had great players and he was smart enough to find chemistry with everyone. But Coop for whatever reason hated the kids guts and either stapled him to the bench or to J.T Brown. And he STILL was about .500 PPG. And yet Coop still hated him until the Syracuse fiasco was over. I mean I hope it was worth it to them. Drouin didn't come back being Ondrej Palat like they wanted and then carried us through the playoffs. His "defensive issues" were so grossly overrated. Then Montreal on the other hand took one look and said "1st line center" and just broke him.

It's crazy to think this is the 2nd time in his career he isn't being misused or being asked to be something he's not. The 1st being our run to the ECF and 2016

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
To be honest I wanted to say 5 or 10 but I didn't want to sound like I was exaggerating. But that's exactly how I remember it. So I punted and said 25 instead as to still convey how ridiculously infrequent their time together was.

As for the latter part. Yeah. He was dynamite here because we had great players and he was smart enough to find chemistry with everyone. But Coop for whatever reason hated the kids guts and either stapled him to the bench or to J.T Brown. And he STILL was about .500 PPG. And yet Coop still hated him until the Syracuse fiasco was over. I mean I hope it was worth it to them. Drouin didn't come back being Ondrej Palat like they wanted and then carried us through the playoffs. His "defensive issues" were so grossly overrated. Then Montreal on the other hand took one look and said "1st line center" and just broke him.

It's crazy to think this is the 2nd time in his career he isn't being misused or being asked to be something he's not. The 1st being our run to the ECF and 2016
I mean, I don't doubt there was plenty of reason to hate him. His time in Syracuse wasn't exactly rosy.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
serge posted a pic on instagram wherein he implies that he will be skating soon. so i expect certain posters here to be greasing up their shitty takes because it looks like postseason poor talent evaluation may be back on the menu for you.

Pretty remarkable if he’s already skating. It’ll still probably take him a while to get strong enough/get his conditioning back. Maybe second round if we’re lucky, but doubt we get that far lol

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
serge posted a pic on instagram wherein he implies that he will be skating soon. so i expect certain posters here to be greasing up their shitty takes because it looks like postseason poor talent evaluation may be back on the menu for you.
I will be ready with my shitty takes. My love/hate relationship with Sergachev is poetry by now and everyone knows it

Reactions: Rschmitz

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
I'm looking forward to him returning and hope he plays well.
stralman broke just his tibia (on march 25th of that year, serge broke his on february 8th) and returned to the much maligned 2016 conference finals playoff series against the penguins where we lost in game 6 & 7 (he returned in game 6, i believe) and he was DEFINITELY not himself.

granted, he came back from his injury in SEVEN WEEKS, was a bit older, and the extent of his injury/what treatment he received isn't available to me, but its doubtful serge would be a difference maker in the playoffs. but still probably better than de haan (who is stralman's matt carle in this story)

"'If he starts weight-bearing at like six weeks, and he started skating at eight weeks (then) maybe he’s playing in 12 weeks. But it’s really hard to know exactly.'" said Dr. Brian Schulz, the head orthopedic surgeon for the Anaheim Ducks.

it's been about 5 weeks since his injury.

“I think that’s a very fast return,” Schultz said of Sergachev coming back before the postseason. “I don’t know the specifics of the injury. If he had a very straight-forward fracture that was away from the joint and the fixation is strong, then maybe. But that would be a very quick timeline."

"Coming out of Thursday’s surgery, the Lightning were optimistic, as it appeared the factures were clean and didn’t impact any ligaments."

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Duclair has been a consistent 15-15 to 20-20 fast, aggressie, and a two-way player that has shot. He is a fringe top 6 player depending on skills of guys around him, but good top9 player with wheels.
He's been significantly better than that on a per game basis. You might be underselling him a bit here in general.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad