White​
Zellweger​
Hinds​
Wolff​
Hagg​
Carrick​

Right shooting D
Helleson​

Zellweger and Hinds both played RD in juniors. Zell won WHL d-man x2 as a RD. Hinds won QMJHL defensive d-man of the year as a RD.

======
Bottom-6

If the team retains Lundy and Jones, I think we have more than enough players for the bottom-6. If we're needing a right shot forward, then we can keep Carrick. What makes Carrick look very good this year than last year was he was still recovering from hip surgery. He's miles better skating this year than last year.

Ya I saw that too with only 1 Right shooting D. I have no idea who is playing the right side over Hinds though and if there are specific reasons for it. I dont disagree with you by the way, your logic makes sense.

Our bottom 6 just worries me overall. We have enough bodies, we have the quantity, just not sure we have the quality, especially for a 3rd line, to be productive long term.

Lundy, Jones, Leason, COULD be a good 3rd line. There is just a lot of growing pains, injury concerns and production concerns that go with that line. I just dont have Carrick penciled in as a guy I want on my 3rd line.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Ya I saw that too with only 1 Right shooting D. I have no idea who is playing the right side over Hinds though and if there are specific reasons for it. I dont disagree with you by the way, your logic makes sense.

Our bottom 6 just worries me overall. We have enough bodies, we have the quantity, just not sure we have the quality, especially for a 3rd line, to be productive long term.

Lundy, Jones, Leason, COULD be a good 3rd line. There is just a lot of growing pains, injury concerns and production concerns that go with that line. I just dont have Carrick penciled in as a guy I want on my 3rd line.

I'm more worried about not having enough top-6F. Killorn might become the new Silf, a 3rd liner.

I

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
This reminds me of when Getzlaf had his kid and people thought he just forgot how to play hockey in his mid-late 20s.
Yup. People also need to remember that the pregnancy was difficult enough that Terry wasn’t leaving Anaheim because of it. We have no idea what the health of the kid is, and for a guy like Terry who’s always been inside his head he probably has the issues all first time parents do and then some even if the child is 100%. The degree to which some people have zero empathy/understanding is incomprehensible to me.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yup. People also need to remember that the pregnancy was difficult enough that Terry wasn’t leaving Anaheim because of it. We have no idea what the health of the kid is, and for a guy like Terry who’s always been inside his head he probably has the issues all first time parents do and then some even if the child is 100%. The degree to which some people have zero empathy/understanding is incomprehensible to me.

Yeah, we all want Terry to play better and get his head out of his ass but not going to blame him for being a father and starting a family, that to me crosses the line. He will be fine, has to simplify his game. Zegras being out has made it even more difficult for the top line to get going.

With that said, Zegras was a contract hold out, and his injury was due from not having a proper training camp. So I have less sympathy for that one.

It’s been a real weird start of the season. First 5 or so game felt we deserved to have a better record, had that 6 game win streak with all those 3rd period comebacks, almost had another one last night, and here we are now currently in a 4 game losing streak, with one of those losses pinned on the league (yeah im not letting it go, like Elsa, lol)

Hoping this team can fall in between the win and losing streak performance wise for the rest of this year. .500 hockey seems doable, if they can get healthier, and have more guys get going.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

For reference, this year's cap is $83.5 mil. From Sportsnet:

The salary cap currently sits at $83.5 million for the 2023-24 season after a $1 million rise from 2022-23. The cap remained flat at $81.5 million for the three seasons before that.

2019-20: $81.5 mil
2020-21: $81.5 mil
2021-22: $81.5 mil
2022-23: $82.5 mil
2023-24: $83.5 mil
2024-25: $87.675 mil

Quite a big jump compared to the previous years.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
For reference, this year's cap is $83.5 mil. From Sportsnet:

The salary cap currently sits at $83.5 million for the 2023-24 season after a $1 million rise from 2022-23. The cap remained flat at $81.5 million for the three seasons before that.

2019-20: $81.5 mil
2020-21: $81.5 mil
2021-22: $81.5 mil
2022-23: $82.5 mil
2023-24: $83.5 mil
2024-25: $87.675 mil

Quite a big jump compared to the previous years.

This was the big jump a lot of people have been waiting for. $90mil, here we come

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
An extra $4M will not buy us into the playoffs. Money needs to be spent prudently. I'm not opposed to signing UFAs but not just for the glitz and glamour of some big name(s).

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Just in time for us to sign Nylander.

Killorn Carlsson Nylander
Zegras Mctavish Terry

A guy can dream....
I actually tend to think Stamkos is the better fit between term and attitude. Stamkos is a proven winner. Nylander is having a career year likely want max term or dollar with concerns about attitude though I'm not sure they're fair.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
I actually tend to think Stamkos is the better fit between term and attitude. Stamkos is a proven winner. Nylander is having a career year likely want max term or dollar with concerns about attitude though I'm not sure they're fair.
A bit off topic, but my eyes roll a bit whenever this is mentioned about a player. It infers guys that haven't won are less useful or have less ability. Ridiculous.

It shouldn't tip the scale for or against acquiring a player, in my opinion.

That being said, I agree with your larger point. I'd rather Stammer than Nylander, but for more practical reasons (like the expected contract for each player, as you alluded to).

Henrique Iglesias

Jun 15, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I love Stamkos but he will be 34 in February. I guess maybe a 3 year deal would be fine.

Nylander is just entering his prime years, but ya his contract may be a bit pricey.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
He is still a ppg player at 34. No issue with a 1-2 year deal.
What purpose would he serve in the next 1-2 years? I'm sure he'd be useful I just see no benefit to spending money on a guy who doesn't figure in to when this team will be competitive.

But FWIW, I also don't believe he'd sign here for only 1-2 years. Somebody will pay him too much for too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad