Speculation: 2023-24 Free Agency/Trade Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I’d be worried if he looked bad on the ice too…. But he’s looked fine…. Just pretty unlucky so far.
Doesn’t help that him and terry can’t seem to mesh, and the strome vatrano mctavish line is oozing chemistry….. so we can’t really find a fit for zegras
Its interesting how McTavish fits with everyone, can put him with any of the forwards and he'll produce.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
When it comes to free agents to replace Henrique, I think everything revolves around Zegras successfully going to wing on the McTavish line and Strome moving to 3rd line center for next year. At this point it is tough to break up the McTavish line since they are the main producers. I just don't see PV and Cronin breaking up the 1st line of Killorn-Carlsson-Terry

Or, Zegras going to the 3rd line as a center and getting his game going. The problem is Zegras is probably not going to be a 3rd line center for the Ducks long term.

We have a bit of a glut of centers, and unfortunately too many left hand shooters. And who knows if Lundestrom comes back this year and if he sticks.

I think the Ducks need another energy guy like Vatrano/Terry on the 3rd line. It might be Frank if we get a good enough FA scorer for the 2nd line.

John

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Any interest in someone like RNH as an alternative for Henrique after this year? Jack of all trades type player.

As long as we are paying for a second line forward and not a 104 point forward. He is a solid 2nd line guy and should never be relied to be a top line guy. 53 of his 104 points last season were on the PP lol.

He isn't a good fit for what the Ducks need in the top 6 though.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

QuackAttack90

Nov 29, 2011
I say we take a Jab at Kane.. our offense would be dynamite
If we were pushing for a cup this year then maybe I’d consider it.

I’m not convinced he’d be a good locker room guy for our youth and that seems to be our primary focus at the moment.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
At some point, I guess, Drysdale will play hockey again. To me, the Vaak/Gudas and Mintyukov/Lyubushkin pairs ought to be left alone. Meanwhile LaCombe is the worst-performing defenseman we have, and he's sort of screwed by having to play top pairing minutes but whatever the reason I'd think he'd be the odd man out once Jamie returns.

Reactions: Static and Deuce22

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
At some point, I guess, Drysdale will play hockey again. To me, the Vaak/Gudas and Mintyukov/Lyubushkin pairs ought to be left alone. Meanwhile LaCombe is the worst-performing defenseman we have, and he's sort of screwed by having to play top pairing minutes but whatever the reason I'd think he'd be the odd man out once Jamie returns.

I actually think lybushkin is the weakest link, but serves a purpose. if you take him out your defense is basically
1 vet
4 rookies
And a vet that plays like a rookie

Last edited by a moderator:

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Agree, but think LaCombe has been fine considering that he’s been forced to play over his head.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
I think he's been *ok* considering his situation but I don't think it'd be the end of the world if he spent a couple weeks in SD, whenever that is. There will be other injuries, so it's not like it'll be permanent.
I agree, and I was really high on LaCombe going into this season. Some AHL time wouldn’t be a bad thing. I’m surprised at how well Vaak has played. I’m not a huge fan of the soft Fowler-Drysdale pairing, but I don’t want to mess with the other pairings.

Fowler-Drysdale
Minty-Lyubush
Vaak-Gudas
Haag - healthy scratch

LaCombe - AHL
Luneau - Juniors

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
I agree, and I was really high on LaCombe going into this season. Some AHL time wouldn’t be a bad thing. I’m surprised at how well Vaak has played. I’m not a huge fan of the soft Fowler-Drysdale pairing, but I don’t want to mess with the other pairings.

Fowler-Drysdale
Minty-Lyubush
Vaak-Gudas
Haag - healthy scratch

LaCombe - AHL
Luneau - Juniors
You gotta have grit with the finesse.. thats why that pair never works..

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
That’s what I was kinda hinting at

But I think eventually
Mintyukov drysdale will be a thing
Drysdale? The Ducks have a player named Drysdale?

Although in theory I agree that Fowler will move down the lineup, I doubt the Samueli's authorize him to be traded. Isn't he like an organization favorite?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Drysdale? The Ducks have a player named Drysdale?

Although in theory I agree that Fowler will move down the lineup, I doubt the Samueli's authorize him to be traded. Isn't he like an organization favorite?

Hopefully they give control to pv and Cronin and let them decide… right now he’s fine… and I’d even say next year he’s fine… that final year tho will be questionable and I’m not sure there is really a point to resign him after that. A lot depends on how he continues to look, maybe once the younger guys start taking more mins off him, he’ll look better

We’ll have puck movers like zellweger Mintyukov and lacombe, and plenty of other d talent…. His game just won’t make a lot of sense for the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad