Speculation: 2023-24 Free Agency/Trade Thread II

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
I like it outside of Stamkos…. Not a big fan of the Stamkos idea(but maybe it happens and he proves me wrong. Also don’t see us getting Stamkos as a 3c, he’s prob playing with carlsson or zegras

Still would love to they rid of strome, Gibson and potentially Fowler
I agree fowler needs to go, but in the above lineup. Again, I feel it’s the only way both fowler and zellwegger play together

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I like it outside of Stamkos…. Not a big fan of the Stamkos idea(but maybe it happens and he proves me wrong. Also don’t see us getting Stamkos as a 3c, he’s prob playing with carlsson or zegras

Still would love to they rid of strome, Gibson and potentially Fowler.

I’d take Henrique over strome(or with freed up cap find a dump that fits better )
I’d take a more pk/2way guy over fowler to pair with luneau.
And maybe Gibson bounces back on a contender.

I know everyone hates Fowler, but in this lineup Fowler can play 20 minutes a night on the #2 PP without having to be on the PK. This would be a position for him to really thrive and not be exposed.

I have no issue with Stamkos on the 3rd line. Good teams have 3 good lines and he will be on the #1 PP. I probably would have put Z at #3 center with Stamkos on his LW and Killorn as #1 LW, but Verbeek's comment about him playing the wing influenced me.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I know everyone hates Fowler, but in this lineup Fowler can play 20 minutes a night on the #2 PP without having to be on the PK. This would be a position for him to really thrive and not be exposed.

I have no issue with Stamkos on the 3rd line. Good teams have 3 good lines and he will be on the #1 PP. I probably would have put Z at #3 center with Stamkos on his LW and Killorn as #1 LW, but Verbeek's comment about him playing the wing influenced me.
It wasn’t really even a hate comment, I just think fit wise he’s not ideal…. I’d prefer a little more of a 2way or shutdown lhd, maybe a bigger guy, physical.

I imagine with that line up your powerplay looks something like
Vatrano carlsson Stamkos
Zegras Mintyukov

Gautheir mctavish terry
Zellweger luneau

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Not sure that Zegras and Carlsson on the same line works very well. They both need the puck to be effective and neither one of them is a shoot-first forward.

Zegras and Carlsson work well together because they can move the puck quickly.

Zegras/Carlsson are the passers, Terry/Gauthier are the shooters and Killorn/McTavish are the crease crashers and the most defensively responsible. I would look for chemistry between one from each group.

Unfortunately though, Terry is not a shooter, Killorn doesn't crash the crease, nor is McTavish defensively responsible.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Would you take back Manson for next 2 years as a stop gap? Assuming pesce/Roy can’t be gotten.

Maybe move 1 of Vaaks/lacombe for Manson to stop gap until whoever we draft this year can come up (or we find a more suitable option)

Fowler luneau(lindstrom until luneau is ready)
Mintyukov Manson
Zellweger gudas

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Would you take back Manson for next 2 years as a stop gap? Assuming pesce/Roy can’t be gotten.

Maybe move 1 of Vaaks/lacombe for Manson to stop gap until whoever we draft this year can come up (or we find a more suitable option)

Mintyukov Manson
Zellweger Gudas manson

Mintyukov Manson
Zellweger gudas
Manson is shot. Verbeek needs to identify the 1 or 2 physical rhd he wants and go hard after them and sign one of them. He just needs to make it happen( and he will)

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Well ya I named Roy and pesce as the main plan, Manson was more of a we missed them move
We will get one of them. I think people may not feel as confident given verbeek went out of his way to say we need a right handed top 6 winger . But didn’t say we needed a top 4 rhd physical d. I would guess, it has more to do with not wanting younger dmen on the team to feel unwanted.

Reactions: Rasp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I would honestly prefer DeMelo to Pesce (considering the contracts they will get). DeMelo has been playing top pair minutes with Morrissey and he’s done well
I don’t mind that one either, pesce and Roy were just the ones that have been mentioned here but demelo would be solid get

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
We will get one of them. I think people may not feel as confident given verbeek went out of his way to say we need a right handed top 6 winger . But didn’t say we needed a top 4 rhd physical d. I would guess, it has more to do with not wanting younger dmen on the team to feel unwanted.
Do Roy and Pesce have any say in the matter?

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

Mintyukov Manson
Zellweger gudas
we gotta just move on from players. same thing with people wanting to bring back Henrique. if we need a stop gap we can sign one for free without giving up a young player in FA.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
we gotta just move on from players. same thing with people wanting to bring back Henrique. if we need a stop gap we can sign one for free without giving up a young player in FA.
Henrique is fine for what he does and would be a perfect third line center

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
Henrique is fine for what he does and would be a perfect third line center
But the Ducks don't need a 3rd line center. They have too many players that can play in the bottom six. The Ducks need a young, top 6, scoring winger and Henrique is not that player.

Agreed. Manson is not the answer. There are better UFA's available. The Ducks need solid players if they are ever going to improve.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad