Proposal: 2023-24 Blackhawks roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Traded Petry with retention to DET for a 4th round pick. Be interesting to see what the RW (suck) actually do this year. Fill like there's a lot a "salvation army" pick-ups with term for a team that should be turning the corner.
Red Wings are still doing the thing where they keep everyone in the Minors as long as possible (as long as they are Waiver-Exempt) to try and drive down the value of their RFA contracts. So basically prospects will be worked in slowly to eventually supplant all these UFA guys that they acquired as their contracts expire. If Reichel was a Red Wing, he'd be starting the season in Rockford (or Grand Rapids)

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
what is the firest day or traing camp?
is there a rookie tournament this year?
can players not signed come to camp? Nazar who is going to Mich? etc

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Sadly, assuming Raddysh and Katchook might be in trouble with the Hockey Canada stuff, they might out of the line up, so:

Hall-Bedard-Donato
AA-Reichel-Kurashev
Foligno-Dickenson-Perry
Entwhistle-Guttman-Johnson
Blackwell

Korchinski-Jones
Vlasic-Murphy
Kaiser-Zaitsev
Tinordi

Open to taking on Savard ($3.5M for next 2 years) for Riley Kidney
Really don’t see Montreal trading Savard at all. Him and matheson will be the veteran dmen

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Wondering who you guys see as your 6 dressed D and 1 scratch to start the year?

There are only 2 guys locked in - Seth Jones and Connor Murphy - 1st and 2nd pair RD's. Everything else will be fluid. The only other RD is Zaitsev so he will get a lot of games at the 3rd pair. Tinordi is the only other veteran and is LD but can play either side so he will get a bunch of games but him and Zaitsev will also get some press box time.

The prospect d-men are Korchinski, Kaiser, Phillips, Vlassic and Roos, and they're all LD's. Most likely two of them will be playing every game but I could see three of them playing some games. Korchinski is the biggest wildcard because he'll most likely get some games early in the season but then may go back to the WHL depending if he's ready for the NHL yet. I expect the other 4 prospects to cycle in and out until one or two of them rise above the others and grab a permanent spot.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Wondering who you guys see as your 6 dressed D and 1 scratch to start the year?
Zaitsev, Tinordi, Murphy and Seth I'm expecting to all be on the roster out of camp. Two of Kaiser, Phillips, Vlassic, Roos, and maybe Korchinski all are in play for the remaining three spots barring another veteran pickup.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
If Zaitsev is getting waived, traded, bought out whatever then the Hawks should acquire another RHD on waivers. The prospects should all be playing on their natural side next season before they start messing around and moving them to their off-side and all the prospects right now are LHD.

Reactions: Hinterland

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
zaitsev could be waved and sent down to AHL there is no way to buy him out and even at 50% retained there is probably almost no value. better to use 1-2 of the 2 retention spots on something else. the only player on the current roster that would have psotive value (only 1 year left on his contract) is Tyler if he continues playing well Like the end of last year and stays healthy. I could see him 50% retained if he is on pace for 50 pts returning a 2nd. maybe 1 of corey perry or Foligno at $2 mil if they have good years could return a 3rd or 4th?

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Zaitsev, Tinordi, Murphy and Seth I'm expecting to all be on the roster out of camp. Two of Kaiser, Phillips, Vlassic, Roos, and maybe Korchinski all are in play for the remaining three spots barring another veteran pickup.
I think that KK has to look absolutely dominant to stay up. Assuming he will get a short taste at the NHL level, and then go back to the WHL.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
There are only 2 guys locked in - Seth Jones and Connor Murphy - 1st and 2nd pair RD's. Everything else will be fluid. The only other RD is Zaitsev so he will get a lot of games at the 3rd pair. Tinordi is the only other veteran and is LD but can play either side so he will get a bunch of games but him and Zaitsev will also get some press box time.

The prospect d-men are Korchinski, Kaiser, Phillips, Vlassic and Roos, and they're all LD's. Most likely two of them will be playing every game but I could see three of them playing some games. Korchinski is the biggest wildcard because he'll most likely get some games early in the season but then may go back to the WHL depending if he's ready for the NHL yet. I expect the other 4 prospects to cycle in and out until one or two of them rise above the others and grab a permanent spot.
Nolan Allan and Ethan Del Mastro are a year or two behind Kaiser/Phillips/Vlasic, so not as likely to see extended action, but may also factor into the mix somewhat if they end up being better.

Alex Vlasic: June 5, 2001 6’6, 198 Year 3 of ELC

Isaak Phillips: September 28, 2001 6’3 194 Year 3 of ELC

Wyatt Kaiser: July 31, 2002 6’0 172 Year 2 of ELC

Ethan Del Mastro: January 15, 2003 6’4 205 Year 1 of ELC

Nolan Allan: April 28, 2003 6’2 194 Year 1 of ELC

I think that KK has to look absolutely dominant to stay up. Assuming he will get a short taste at the NHL level, and then go back to the WHL.
Agreed, there's just too much of a log jam of young LHD at the moment, so the Hawks need to figure out which ones factor into the medium or potentially long-term plans. Korchinski would really need to turn heads for the brass to not make the decision to slide his contract another year and let him develop in Juniors before he joins that mix in the pro ranks.

Just based on contracts, Vlasic and Phillips seeing the highest amount of time makes the most sense (this particularly HF Hawks board though is very high on Kaiser and very low on Vlasic, which if a correct assessment could certainly mean more Kaiser nonetheless).

Roos is still waiver-exempt and will turn 25 in the middle of the season, so he's a pretty low ceiling guy that doesn't factor into medium or long-term plans in all likelihood, so he will likely move around a lot as someone we will see in the lineup, playing off his natural side, to the press box, to the AHL throughout next season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Muffinalt

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I don't disagree that's why I said maybe. I'm expecting Vlassic, Phillips, and Kaiser to have the inside track. Roos if they expect Zaitsev and Tinordi to play regularly as he's a guy you don't mind sitting in the press box.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
He didn't dominate at the WJC, he's sure as hell not going to dominate in the NHL.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
He didn't dominate at the WJC, he's sure as hell not going to dominate in the NHL.
I 100% agree. There are folks who are listing him as a possiblity this year, but I personally have a hard time imagining how good he would have to look at camp, and maybe during a 9 game try-out, to avoid going back to the WHL. IMO, Kyle from Chicago is going to keep playing the long game, sending him back and letting him continue to physically develop and get a ton of icetime in all situations,

Reactions: Muffinalt and Giovi

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

Hard to dominate playing limited minutes on the 3rd pairing. There was times I thought he looked better than Clarke but obviously WJC like to showcase the 19 year olds more in those tournaments unless you are a special talent (Bedard).

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Hard to dominate playing limited minutes on the 3rd pairing. There was times I thought he looked better than Clarke but obviously WJC like to showcase the 19 year olds more in those tournaments unless you are a special talent (Bedard).
None of that changes the fact that he didn't look at all strong, and at times looked really bad, without the puck.

elvisisalive

Feb 20, 2007
The wjc is a tournament for 19 year olds for the most part. The fact that at 18 he was considered one of the best 6D in Canada is a big deal . I expect him to have a huge tournament this year

Reactions: Muffinalt

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Next season the Hawks have an exact starting line up of players signed as of today…
F1 Bedard
F2 Hall
F3 Athanasiou
F4 Kurashev
F5 Donato
F6 Dach
F7 Saarela
F8 Ludwinski
F9 Hayes
F10 Luypen
F11 Savoie
F12 Rolston
D1 Jones
D2 Murphy
D3 Korchinski
D4 Kaiser
D5 Del Mastro
D6 Allan
G1 Soderblom
G2 Commesso
Actually like the defence…

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Next season the Hawks have an exact starting line up of players signed as of today…
F1 Bedard
F2 Hall
F3 Athanasiou
F4 Kurashev
F5 Donato
F6 Dach
F7 Saarela
F8 Ludwinski
F9 Hayes
F10 Luypen
F11 Savoie
F12 Rolston
D1 Jones
D2 Murphy
D3 Korchinski
D4 Kaiser
D5 Del Mastro
D6 Allan
G1 Soderblom
G2 Commesso
Actually like the defence…
F6-12 and D3-6 is going to look nothing like that next season. Neither will Goaltending.

Roughly, it'll be something like (don't worry about specific line combos, which can be changed)

Hall-Bedard-Raddysh
Athanasiou-T. Johnson-Reichel
Kurashev-Dickinson-Donato
Foligno-Entwistle-Perry

EXTRA (in the mix): Katchouk, Blackwell, R. Johnson, Guttman, Anderson

Vlasic-Jones
Phillips-Murphy
Tinordi-Zaitsev

EXTRA (in the mix): Roos, Kaiser, Korchinski (likely first 9 games only)

Mrazek
Soderblom

EXTRA (1st Callup): Stauber

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
F6-12 and D3-6 is going to look nothing like that next season. Neither will Goaltending.

Roughly, it'll be something like (don't worry about specific line combos, which can be changed)

Hall-Bedard-Raddysh
Athanasiou-T. Johnson-Reichel
Kurashev-Dickinson-Donato
Foligno-Entwistle-Perry

EXTRA (in the mix): Katchouk, Blackwell, R. Johnson, Guttman, Anderson

Vlasic-Jones
Phillips-Murphy
Tinordi-Zaitsev

EXTRA (in the mix): Roos, Kaiser, Korchinski (likely first 9 games only)

Mrazek
Soderblom

EXTRA (1st Callup): Stauber

The fact he didn't have Foligno and Perry on the roster leads me to think what he called "next season" meant the 2024/25 season.

Reactions: WarriorofTime

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
I must have watched a different tournament than you. He wasn't dominate, but he was far from bad.
Fine, call it thoroughly lackluster. Whatever you want to classify it as, he was less than impressive without the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad