2023-2024 Wings bold predictions

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
My two big concerns next year is 2nd pair defensive depth (can Maatta be as good as he was with Hronek? And can Ghost effectively replace Hronek?) and goaltending.
Hmmm… almost like Hronek was a good player…. Or something.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Must be something with those H names, Hanas/Hronek… :)
The letter H is brought to you by....

200w.gif

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Hmmm… almost like Hronek was a good player…. Or something.

Hronek is what he is; a good offensive defenseman but not great defensively. He needs someone that can cover for his flaws to be effective and because of this is better off on a second pair. That doesn't make him great, either.

Same as Shayne Gostisbehere. Same as Tyson Barrie. Same as Evan Bouchard. There's always a trade off with guys like that.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Hronek is what he is; a good offensive defenseman but not great defensively. He needs someone that can cover for his flaws to be effective and because of this is better off on a second pair. That doesn't make him great, either.

Same as Shayne Gostisbehere. Same as Tyson Barrie. Same as Evan Bouchard. There's always a trade off with guys like that.
I’ll take any of those players on my team whenever. Especially a team that is going to be icing guys like Chiarot, Maaatta, Holl, etc

If we didn’t add Ghost we were going to have a very vanilla group on the back end and have some issues moving the puck.

I still laugh to myself you were super adamant on adding Klingberg and he is just like these guys… lol. At least be consistent, Ogee

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
I’ll take any of those players on my team whenever. Especially a team that is going to be icing guys like Chiarot, Maaatta, Holl, etc

If we didn’t add Ghost we were going to have a very vanilla group on the back end and have some issues moving the puck.

I still laugh to myself you were super adamant on adding Klingberg and he is just like these guys… lol. At least be consistent, Ogee

The Klingberg I saw in Dallas when I lived there was superior to any of those guys. He took the wrong opportunity in Anaheim and it really tanked his long term value.

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
1. Ras plays on the first line with Larkin and DeBrincat for most of the year and puts up 50+ points.
2. DeBrincat scores 40
3. Compher matches his career high in points.
4. Seider matches or beats his career high in points but is not a Norris finalist.
5. We are sellers at the trade deadline even though we are in the hunt.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

No idea why you're throwing Maatta under the bus when he's been the only partner that made Hronek look good. I'm hoping he does the same with Ghost. For every Ghost/Hronek type player, you need a steady defensive guy like Matta, especially at $3M which is less than what Chiarot and Holl get paid.

I'd rather have Ghost than Klingberg. Stevie made the right choice on that one.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
No idea why you're throwing Maatta under the bus when he's been the only partner that made Hronek look good. I'm hoping he does the same with Ghost. For every Ghost/Hronek type player, you need a steady defensive guy like Matta, especially at $3M which is less than what Chiarot and Holl get paid.

I'd rather have Ghost than Klingberg. Stevie made the right choice on that one.
I don’t see how what I said is throwing Maatta under the bus. Being vanilla doesn’t necessarily mean being bad. I think he’s a good player just not a + puck mover.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
90 pts for Larkin is bold when he had 79 last year?

Y’all are wusses. Say he’s gonna hit 100 or don’t bother :P

I was randomly looking to see what other good shot generators we had and I didn’t realize that Larkin has hit 30 goals 3 times in his career or that he was top 10 in shots in league for the 2018-2019 season.

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Cat gets 40
Larkin gets 35
Razor gets 30
Berggren gets 50+ points
Sprong scores 25
Kostin suprises everyone pots 20
Perron regresses and moved to line 3
Walman 35 points
Seider 55 points+
Holl is reliable 3rd pair
Lyon steals a few games for us
Compher scores a clutch goal to put us in the playoffs

Reactions: Duane Smith

Hoog

Feb 4, 2021
Our offense becomes a grinding, opportunistic goal scoring, fuery of a team. We have three 30 goal scorers in Cat, Larkin, and second liner Raymond. We also have three or possibly four 20 goal scorers from the group of Perron, Sprong, Ras, Copp, Compher, Berggren, and Fabbri. All will have between 15 and 20 goals.

Final- Fabbri plays 72 plus games this year.

Reactions: evolutionbaby

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad