2023-2024 Wings bold predictions

DoMakc

Jun 28, 2006
Boston gave up so few goals last year that they still would have made the Playoffs even if they were dead last in goals scored
Do you want to say, that Bergeron had nothing to do with goal prevention?

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Do you want to say, that Bergeron had nothing to do with goal prevention?

nothing? obviously not but they literally allowed 36 less goals than any other team in the league and are bringing back both their Goalies plus essentially their entire defense

Boston should very much still be considered the obvious favorite to allow the least goals in the league next year, and they still have a forward that managed to put up 113 points last year even with nobody else on the team even hitting 70 as well

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Well clearly, what will happen is Boston finishes in the bottom 10 and decides to retain their pick.

Wings finish in the bottom 5 and win the lottery, and then give that pick to the Sens.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Well clearly, what will happen is Boston finishes in the bottom 10 and decides to retain their pick.

Wings finish in the bottom 5 and win the lottery, and then give that pick to the Sens.
We have the choice to send Boston's 1st in 2025 if they win the lottery

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
We have the choice to send Boston's 1st in 2025 if they win the lottery

Ah, missed that part, thought it had to be a 2024 1st. Scratch that then.

Wings will instead in this scenario send Sens BOS 2025 1st, which will turn into a 1st OA pick.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
By TDL time, Justin Holl will have Olli Maatta type love. As in the majority of the fan base will think nothing of him on the blueline.

In short, the griping about his contract and his play will be limited to the same type of subset that bitched about the Debrincat trade (not necessarily the same guys, but a similarly very vocal minority)
I was thinking this too but in comparison to Cody Ceci. As soon as he got out of Toronto he became decent. Would be nice if Holl can do that too

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
nothing? obviously not but they literally allowed 36 less goals than any other team in the league and are bringing back both their Goalies plus essentially their entire defense

Boston should very much still be considered the obvious favorite to allow the least goals in the league next year, and they still have a forward that managed to put up 113 points last year even with nobody else on the team even hitting 70 as well
The 36 goals was probably Bergeron lol. If he's playing might as well give him the selke before the season even starts.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Losing your top 2 centers and replacing them with nothing is huge. Half the defensive game is puck possesion and that takes a huge hit without DK and PB. Now if they go grab a guy like Lindholm and maybe a Copp level center they could still be competitve but just almost entirely defensively minded as they still have the D and goalie but you need to at least supplement that at forward.

Reactions: DamonDRW

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Losing your top 2 centers and replacing them with nothing is huge. Half the defensive game is puck possesion and that takes a huge hit without DK and PB. Now if they go grab a guy like Lindholm and maybe a Copp level center they could still be competitve but just almost entirely defensively minded as they still have the D and goalie but you need to at least supplement that at forward.

Their centers are defensively capable, but for sure they'll have less possession time so that will lead to more GA. I think they'll play Trotz-like hockey and do just fine. They still have more overall talent than the Isles who made the playoffs last season.

A lot of it depends on how their young centers deal with getting a double promotion. They do have some "overripened" kids coming in.

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
I think a handful of players have a career year. Larkin,Debrincat( playing on home turf and with fellow countryman) Rasmussen, Raymond and Seider and comfortably make the playoffs. Seider gets Norris votes as well.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Klim Kostin will emerge a fan favorite for his physical play and willingness to drop the mitts.

And he's wearing #24.
Hoping Kostin already has his marching orders for game #5 of the season. Set the tone early with those Ottawa punks who took our lunch money last season.

Add in the D-Cat return factor for wanting to jump ship to us, will only add to some expected hostility. Imperative we show early we can protect him and the team early.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Hoping Kostin already has his marching orders for game #5 of the season. Set the tone early with those Ottawa punks who took our lunch money last season.

Add in the D-Cat return factor for wanting to jump ship to us, will only add to some expected hostility. Imperative we show early we can protect him and the team early.
To be honest...The way the game is played these days...I have zero expectation for any retribution...

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I don't expect retribution, but I do expect Ottawa to act like punks. My hope is that Detroit is up to the challenge this time.
Plan on disappointment, aside from Kostin and Fischer, the rest of the acquisitions are pretty soft and/or small, and Fischer doesn't even fight.

I expect the team to gameplan better though, DBC knows their players and system.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Plan on disappointment, aside from Kostin and Fischer, the rest of the acquisitions are pretty soft and/or small, and Fischer doesn't even fight.

I expect the team to gameplan better though, DBC knows their players and system.
Ras will be in the lineup, obviously not like he's gonna whoops a buncha asses but that back to back was the first games with him out of the lineup and it made us matchup even weaker with them.
Seider started to really turn into an on-ice asshole toward the end of the year after that series, in my opinion. He's always had some bite but he was seemed like he was fed up with the way people were trying to treat them.

I just hope they show some push back that they didn't show in the btb.

Last edited:

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Ras will be in the lineup, obviously not like he's gonna whoops a buncha asses but that back to back was the first games with him out of the lineup and it made us matchup even weaker with them.
Seider started to really turn into an on-ice asshole toward the end of the year after that series, in my opinion. He's always had some bite but he was seemed like he was fed up with the way people were trying to treat them.

I just hope they show some push back that they didn't show in the btb.

Raz looks a lot better on his skates, but it needs more work before he becomes a physical factor. I would love to see him build on what he did last year and start shoving people around.

Ottawa is gonna target Debrincat, this team is gonna need someone to step up for him. I just don't see this team as being much tougher than last season.

Reactions: FMichael

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Raz looks a lot better on his skates, but it needs more work before he becomes a physical factor. I would love to see him build on what he did last year and start shoving people around.

Ottawa is gonna target Debrincat, this team is gonna need someone to step up for him. I just don't see this team as being much tougher than last season.
Chiarot has been known for getting his nose dirty when the time comes.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Also Fischer has fought in the past.

A couple of punches thrown in preseason 4 years ago doesn't really make him a fighter. Datsyuk also has 2 fights on hockeyfights, and his dance with Perry was waaaaaay more impressive.

Also, he's replacing Erne who had 9 NHL fights. I don't consider Erne as being tough, and Fischer ranks below him. Both in terms of fights and hits.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
If you can stand toe to toe with Keegan Kolesar there isn't many guys in the league you can't. He may not be a fighter, but that was no bitch move, Kolesar is a tough man.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4