2023-2024 Wings bold predictions

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Jonatan Berggren is our Lord and Savior,
May 11, 2023
By TDL time, Justin Holl will have Olli Maatta type love. As in the majority of the fan base will think nothing of him on the blueline.

In short, the griping about his contract and his play will be limited to the same type of subset that bitched about the Debrincat trade (not necessarily the same guys, but a similarly very vocal minority)

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
By TDL time, Justin Holl will have Olli Maatta type love. As in the majority of the fan base will think nothing of him on the blueline.

In short, the griping about his contract and his play will be limited to the same type of subset that bitched about the Debrincat trade (not necessarily the same guys, but a similarly very vocal minority)
Someone has to be the whipping boy. It will either be Holl or Chiarot -- though I think Chiarot not playing with Seider will take some heat off of him.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Raymond has a bounceback year and gets 60+ points.
Larkin sets a new career high in points.
DeBrincat gets at least 30 goals.
Seider starts the season way hotter than last year after the failed Chiarot experiment.
Husso bounces back and plays really well.
Reimer costs us at least 10 points with incredibly weak goals.
Sprong gets 20 and plays improved defense.
Berggren gets 50 points.
Fabbri plays less than 45 games.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
No new "kids" play over 9 games for us

(Raymond, Seider, Berggren, Veleno are young players I'm counting as established)

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
-Raymond hits 30 goals
-Debrincat hits 45 goals
-Larkin 30 goals but 95 points
-Ghost get's traded before deadline for a minimum 1st rounder
-Even with the trade, we make the playoffs and Ottawa doesn't <--personal challenge now
(trade so we get assets and know we don't need him to get into playoffs)​
-Compher hits 55 points
-DET PP hits at 28%
-Rasmussen hits 20 goals
-Sprong/Fabbri - Veleno/Kasper - Kostin/Fischer becomes an amazing shut down 4th line reminiscent of the grind line and is able to shutdown top lines to give lines 1 and 2 a break.

Last edited:
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
No draft picks for Red Wings in first 2 rounds.
Cat 32
Larkin 29
Raymond 27
Rasmussen 22 goals
Seider 60 points
Second round exit against Stanley cop champ.

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
Here are my predictions for 2023-2024
1. Larkin hits 90 points including 35 goals
2. Debrincat scores 37 and 75 points
3 Raymond scores 27 and 65 points
4. Seider 60 points including 12 goals
5 Ghost 40 points and 10 goals
6 Husso finishes with a 2.80 GAAV and save % of 910
7 Fabbri goes on IR again plays 1/2 season
8. Lyon ends up playing more games than Reimer
9. Rasmussen 15 goals 20 assists
10 Perron his 20 goals 25 Assists
11 Husso gets 6 shut outs
12 Sprong scores 15 and 15 assists
13 Seider is the running for the Norris Trophy
14. Red Wings get the last wildcard spot
15. Berggren scores 20 goals and 25 assists
16 Compher 18 goals 37 assists
19 Detroit PP hits at 24%
20 PK 83%
Team goals against AAV for season just under 3 a game.
21. Copp scores 15 adds 32 assists for 47 points including 3 shorthanded goals.

Last edited:

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I'm expecting 15 goals, 40 points for him and that Compher bumps Copp down to the 3rd line.

I've been a broken record about how much I think Ras and Copp should play together and I see them improving on last season. I think Ras continues to take his game to another level and Copp just has a better jump on the season starting healthy. Copp gets paid more (obviously not going to matter to Newsy for playing time) and is plenty responsible I don't see a reason for him to play much less than the 18 mins a night he played last year. He can score 20g in this league.

Last edited:

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I'm expecting 15 goals, 40 points for him and that Compher bumps Copp down to the 3rd line.
I'm curious about this take. As several have posted the same in various threads since Compher's addition.

What in either player's history would lead you to believe there is any material difference between them?

1689969327881.png

They are the same size.
Less than a year apart in age.
Came from the same college team.
Copp is better at face-offs
Copp is more physical yet takes far fewer penalties
Compher blocks more shots
Compher's teams have been better offensively and defensively yet he's got a significantly lower +/- than Copp (Copp was +2 playing 82 games for us!!).
Compher has a slightly better shooting percentage.
Copp is a marginally (.03 PPG) better point producer from the time since both became established NHLers ('17-'18 season).
They both hit 50+ when they had one season next to talent. Compher 52 with Rantanen and Copp 53 driven largely by post-TDL with Panarin.
Copp had a stronger post-season with the Rangers than Compher ever had.

There has to be something to this hunch that several people are having, but I can't for the life of me find it.

If it's a case of "I don't know, just a hunch" cool, I'm just curious as you're not the only one. I suspect it's a case of "Copp was a Wing, he's bad, this other guy has to be better" but really it's a case of "JT Compher? We have JT Compher at home already"

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I'm curious about this take. As several have posted the same in various threads since Compher's addition.

What in either player's history would lead you to believe there is any material difference between them?

View attachment 730398

They are the same size.
Compher's teams have been better offensively and defensively yet he's got a significantly lower +/- than Copp (Copp was +2 playing 82 games for us!!).
Copp is a marginally (.03 PPG) better point producer from the time since both became established NHLers ('17-'18 season).
They both hit 50+ when they had one season next to talent. Compher 52 with Rantanen and Copp 53 driven largely by post-TDL with Panarin.

There has to be something to this hunch that several people are having, but I can't for the life of me find it.

If it's a case of "I don't know, just a hunch" cool, I'm just curious as you're not the only one. I suspect it's a case of "Copp was a Wing, he's bad, this other guy has to be better" but really it's a case of "JT Compher? We have JT Compher at home already"

I think what it comes down to is Compher being (marginally) better defensively than Copp, being a righty center and a better skater. Also, I think that Detroit's second and third lines this year will mostly be interchangeable.

Also,

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Seider/Walman is statistically the best pair in the NHL and Seider gets top 5 Norris votes.

Husso has a meh year but Reimer plays a bit better than expected.

Larkin tops 85 points.
DBC hovers around 30 goals
Ras put up close to 60 points and plays like a 1st line winger.

Ed takes over a D spot by the end of the season.

All of the forward kids spend a majority of the season in GR.

Wings pk looks the best it has since the Z/Helm days.

PP starts off slow until they put Ras in as the net front on PP 1.

Perron struggles and is getting 4th line minutes by the end of the year.

Ray and Bergy both put up close to 60 pt seasons.

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010

View attachment 730398

They are the same size.

Outside of the stats, Copp is stronger on his skates and appears far more physical than Compher, not that Compher doesn’t throw it around, but more… fiesty and pest like.

Copp is far more up and down, no frills, all meat and potatoes. Compher is looser and more aggressive, explosive in his play and puck pursuit, etc.

Their outcomes are similiar as are their measurables but they have generally different attitudes and styles of play

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad