Rumor: 2023-2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Off-season is in full swing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
This spin you’re doing is just that—spin.

They didn’t win, they got ousted in the 1st round. If this is our Cup window, and we got bounced in R1, then this season was a failure.

And no to bringing back JTC. Will make too much $ and won’t be worth it

So at what point do you look at mitigating circumstances that are outside the club's control here?

In my view, those exact circumstances played into Seattle's hands. Their first playoff series EVER. They have their all. They played gritty and tough, and gave the playoffs (against others, not just us) a real good shake.

In those circumstances, where we are relying on quite a few call ups or bring in to perform, it naturally going to be tough - and mate, we played HARD and resilient.

I'm proud of this season, but agree with everyone else. I expect a lot more this coming season, and I see nothing but a top 1-2 finish in the entire league, and a Stanley Cup. We'll bounce back....

Byram, Mackinnon, Rantanen, Nichushkin, RyJo, Toews, Girard, Georgiev, Makar to make but a few. Read them again mate. All absolute generational talent that won't be held down long at ALL.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Huh? I'd say (points per game aside) Lehks, Rants, Mack, Nuke played way better in our Cup season.

In my view, our seasons distractions were down to injury, which lead to constant line changes, which lead to the resilience required to learn quickly with new linemates.

Despite that, we had a great season proper record. Aren't you proud of our boys for that? They gave their absolute all, and regardless of circumstance, were competitive in every single game.
I'm proud of what the top-6 and the production Bednar was able to squeeze out of them because he knew the bottom 6 couldn't score to save their lives.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Byram, Mackinnon, Rantanen, Nichushkin, RyJo, Toews, Girard, Georgiev, Makar to make but a few. Read them again mate. All absolute generational talent that won't be held down long at ALL.
The problem is that those are the only guys producing. You can't succeed like that. You absolutely have to have someone beside them score once in a while. Expecting them to literally do everything is how you end up with last years results

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
So which UFA RD are we going after?

Klingberg, Dumba, Hamonic, Gudas, Holl, Mayfield, Stecher, Clifton, Schenn.

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

Klingberg, Dumba, Hamonic, Gudas, Holl, Mayfield, Stecher, Clifton, Scheen.
If Klingberg is up for another 1 year deal, I think he could be the guy. Avs have sniffed around so many times and just never pulled the trigger.

Reactions: Balthazar

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
I'm proud of what the top-6 and the production Bednar was able to squeeze out of them because he knew the bottom 6 couldn't score to save their lives.

Bottom 6 included guys like Erod, Malgin, Newhook, Cogliano, LOC and others at times - and they all got around 25-40 odd points (maybe more of you extrapolate per game scoring). What do you want out of your bottom 6, mate?

They aren't going to be scoring you 40-50 points. That's not their role, unless they are having an absolute blinder.

The problem is that those are the only guys producing. You can't succeed like that. You absolutely have to have someone beside them score once in a while. Expecting them to literally do everything is how you end up with last years results
I'm not trying to be argumentative by the way, but something I have thought about the last two three years is that IF the bottom 6 isn't producing as much as people care for, that's mitigated some what by our extremely offensive defensemen, so I kinda think there's that as well.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Krug right now:

B7MEhzW.gif

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Bottom 6 included guys like Erod, Malgin, Newhook, Cogliano, LOC and others at times - and they all got around 25-40 odd points (maybe more of you extrapolate per game scoring). What do you want out of your bottom 6, mate?

They aren't going to be scoring you 40-50 points. That's not their role, unless they are having an absolute blinder.

I'm not trying to be argumentative by the way, but something I have thought about the last two three years is that IF the bottom 6 isn't producing as much as people care for, that's mitigated some what by our extremely offensive defensemen, so I kinda think there's that as well.

I would qualify ERod as more of a Top-9 player rather than a Bottom 6 player, he was all over lines 1-3 at various times, but no matter let's take a quick statistical look:

Rodrigues: 39 points
Malgin: 21 points
Newhook: 30 points
Cogliano: 19 points
O'Connor: 26 points

Again, Rodrigues is more a Top-9/Middle-6 as opposed to a pure Bottom-6 player, so he almost shouldn't really be included in this.

We're not even getting in to other rotational players that came in and out.

There really isn't any way to spin this positively--the Avs did not have good depth up and down the lineup, and the players who you're pumping up...they were a lot closer to the 25 point mark as opposed to the 40 point mark you're putting out there.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

Klingberg, Dumba, Hamonic, Gudas, Holl, Mayfield, Stecher, Clifton, Scheen.

Inject Gudas straight into my veins.

We have enough puck moving, agile guys on the backend. Manson misses games.

Gudas is a mean bastard who can PK well and keeps opponents honest, unlike other goons who can’t take a regular shift. 2nd in the league in hits again last season with another year of over 300.

Dude’s an animal.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth

I love your positivity bro, but the bottom 6 literally scored 0 points in 7 games in the playoffs. You cannot win like that

1687885373782.png

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Gudas is a mean bastard who can PK well and keeps opponents honest, unlike other goons who can’t take a regular shift. 2nd in the league in hits again last season with another year of over 300.

Dude’s an animal.
Would like him but just don’t know if we can afford him.

Reactions: PR33StPatrick

SuperJoe

Feb 24, 2010
Royal City

Dude’s an animal.
I would love it, not sure I would love the contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad