Rumor: 2023-2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Off-season is in full swing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaisen73

Oct 5, 2006
Something tells me that most of the Avs signings are going to be of the 1 year, low risk but some potential upside variety. Players who either need to show the rest of the league something (Drouin) or veteran guys who see a chance to win it all.

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
Something tells me that most of the Avs signings are going to be of the 1 year, low risk but some potential upside variety. Players who either need to show the rest of the league something (Drouin) or veteran guys who see a chance to win it all.
I think we're going to get a little bit of everything. Management has to be aggressive this offseason, and probably at the TDL too. It's going to be all in for the next few years. Ghost of PL appears, hopefully.

• Haha
Reactions: The Moops

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
I'm curious if Mackinnon still keeps in touch with Drouin. The Avs have loved their gambles over the past few years (Nuke, Yakupov, Galchenyuk) and it just seems like a perfect fit that could resurrect Drouin's career.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
@Bill Peckerskull

IMG_3093.jpeg

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That Foligno contract is hilarious. Good players will probably get squeezed while washed veteran leader guy gets a cool $4M.

Reactions: Bender

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
That Foligno contract is hilarious. Good players will probably get squeezed while washed veteran leader guy gets a cool $4M.

IIRC this offseason has the most cap space available across the league since 2018. I think a lot of players are going to get paid, especially when you combine that with how weak the class is. Some mediocre players are about to get a ton of money.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Our top guys had career years, while our bottom guys had uh.. bottom years?
Huh? I'd say (points per game aside) Lehks, Rants, Mack, Nuke played way better in our Cup season.

In my view, our seasons distractions were down to injury, which lead to constant line changes, which lead to the resilience required to learn quickly with new linemates.

Despite that, we had a great season proper record. Aren't you proud of our boys for that? They gave their absolute all, and regardless of circumstance, were competitive in every single game.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
7th overall, while being decimated by injury isn't a success? Wow mate, tough marker.
This spin you’re doing is just that—spin.

They didn’t win, they got ousted in the 1st round. If this is our Cup window, and we got bounced in R1, then this season was a failure.

And no to bringing back JTC. Will make too much $ and won’t be worth it

Reactions: The Moops

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I'm curious if Mackinnon still keeps in touch with Drouin. The Avs have loved their gambles over the past few years (Nuke, Yakupov, Galchenyuk) and it just seems like a perfect fit that could resurrect Drouin's career.

Drouin on a 1 year deal is as close to a guaranteed prediction as possible.

Our top 6 will be done, then focus on bottom 6 additions with some scoring and jam.

Drouin - MacKinnon - Lehk/Nuke
Nuke/Lehk - Johansen - Rantanen

Reactions: The Pwnerer

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
1st round playoff exit while the bottom 6 played terrible...
Yeah, I understand that and it was disappointing. Despite the circumstances, we all set very high standards and expectations for our club, so I understand the frustration. We are a Stanley Cup quality team.

But we should be fair here and look at the situation holistically. In my view, the fight and resilience they showed was a testament to themselves, the club and the coaches.

We still came 7th overall, and honestly, Seattle played a very Vegas like gritty series, so kudos to them. I'll expect absolute revenge on them next season now, with a sweep - and I truly think that happens in the season proper, and if we get them in the playoffs, expect 4-0, nothing less.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yeah, I understand that and it was disappointing. Despite the circumstances, we all set very high standards and expectations for our club, so I understand the frustration. We are a Stanley Cup quality team.

But we should be fair here and look at the situation holistically. In my view, the fight and resilience they showed was a testament to themselves, the club and the coaches.

We still came 7th overall, and honestly, Seattle played a very Vegas like gritty series, so kudos to them. I'll expect absolute revenge on them next season now, with a sweep - and I truly think that happens in the season proper, and if we get them in the playoffs, expect 4-0, nothing less.
I can't

jaisen73

Oct 5, 2006
Nothing is ever 100 percent but I am inclined to agree. The Avs have some recent history with reclamation projects and even the most recent one (Galchenyuk) helped the AHL team and gave them a "piece" to make a trade work.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

Our top 6 will be done, then focus on bottom 6 additions with some scoring and jam.

Drouin - MacKinnon - Lehk/Nuke
Nuke/Lehk - Johansen - Rantanen

Agree on Drouin...

But on the bottom 6 (and not that I agree), the Avs will be just going for cheap guys who can fly. Thus I expect Blueger to be an Av.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad