Rumor: 2023-2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Off-season is in full swing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Avs should get creative on Hayes. See if they can get him double retained. Philly will take the first half and ship him to Chicago. Then send Compher’s negotiating rights + Olausson to Chicago for them to retain 25% of Hayes 3 years.

We get Hayes for 3 years at 1.8M.
No way Chicago wants to lose a retention slot for 3 years for this.

Seems like Dubois just wants to play in as big a city as possible.
or just doesn't want to play in WPG/CBJ

I spent the last year arguing with people here that it's not true that he only wants to play in Montreal, that he just doesn't want to commit to those 2 teams.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
That was quick by Chicago. Nice bit of business done by them yesteday and today.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I'm not sure that paying Foligno $4,000,000 to play hockey in 2023-24 is nice business.
They need to reach the cap floor somehow. And Foligno for 2mil on deadline is still pretty enticing for contending teams I would assume.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Nick Foligno, a 4th liner these days, making 4M is not a positive sign for the Avs dipping into UFA.
Nick Foligno, a 4th liner making 4M today is a very positive sign if you want to bargain hunt a few days into free agency though. There’s only so much money to go around. We should hope teams burn up as much of it as possible now so there’s less to go around.

A few early stupid contracts means some absolute steals will be available later.

Reactions: AvalancheSpeedsters

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Hawks are paying Foligno to be a locker room leader. They specifically asked for his rights in the Hall trade.

Drafting Bedard comes with responsibilities. They want legit NHL players around him and leaders in the room.

I hate that Chicago is doing things so correctly. They should bring in a haul come the trade deadline.

thedoctor

                    
Aug 28, 2007

So we set the tone/expectation on cap dump returns?

Interesting hypothetical: would you rather have RyJo at 2 years 4M, or Hayes at 3 years and anywhere from 45-50% retention?

RyJo for sure, if only due to upside.

I'd take both though, at free and 50% retention.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Nick Foligno, a 4th liner making 4M today is a very positive sign if you want to bargain hunt a few days into free agency though. There’s only so much money to go around. We should hope teams burn up as much of it as possible now so there’s less to go around.

A few early stupid contracts means some absolute steals will be available later.
I have my doubts about the Avs finding another ERod

Reactions: tucker3434

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
4 million for Foligno isn't exactly SO correctly.
I strongly disagree. If you want to build a culture you need the right guys in the room and they think Foligno is this guy.

After their major tank job, Hawks have a lot of work to do if they don't want to take the Oilers/Sabres route of sucking for 7+ years. Now that they are getting their franchise player culture should be their #1 priority.

If you keep piling on talent without the culture you become like the 2 aforementioned teams.

I have my doubts about the Avs finding another ERod
Klingberg

Reactions: AvalancheSpeedsters

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I like the Foligno move... great guy, leader, and tough as nails. Gotta protect the franchise in Bedard.

I really don't think Newhook is going to be moved.

Reactions: Balthazar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad