Boston Bruins 2023-2024 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
RNH obviously skilled and low key good defensively & good at faceoffs. Bruins fans who don't watch any games will see he had 100+ points last year and assume he's the answer, but literally more than half of his points were on the powerplay and getting to play with 2 freaks of nature.

In Boston he probably puts up Zacha numbers. I wouldn't hate him, but I think the Bruins will have better options. Plus I would give it 2.5 periods into his Bruins career before dummies are calling him soft.
Bruins have some elite power play pieces too. RNH is a really good player. Adding another 60 point centre who wins face offs wouldn’t be so bad.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
It’s a trade for a pick too. I’d move him for a pick most likely.

Anyone else notice forbort hasn’t played a game yet? Strange.
Considering better players were given away in the off-season... unless another team has a big injury right now, most teams know the Bruins cap situation, and have a Forbort equivilent player in there system, likely for cheaper.

Teams aren't really helping each other out with incentive. We said the same thing about Mike Reilly and Craig Smith last off-season, both waived, both unclaimed.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Considering better players were given away in the off-season... unless another team has a big injury right now, most teams know the Bruins cap situation, and have a Forbort equivilent player in there system, likely for cheaper.

Teams aren't really helping each other out with incentive. We said the same thing about Mike Reilly and Craig Smith last off-season, both waived, both unclaimed.

Reilly and Smith were awful players at that point. Forbort is a player a team could expect to trade at the deadline for a draft pick.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I think the PATWAH kid looks pretty good, still should put on some size though before he gets in the NHL.

He is listed 5'11" 176 lbs.
Pot-trah.

I thought it was weird that Jack was saying Patwah when the kid himself says it Pot-trah.

Doesn't Jack usually ask the player how he likes his name pronounced?
I feel like every announcer so far has been leaning on the french side. My guess is nobody has asked Matthew how he pronouces it :laugh:

Reactions: TCB

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
RNH obviously skilled and low key good defensively & good at faceoffs. Bruins fans who don't watch any games will see he had 100+ points last year and assume he's the answer, but literally more than half of his points were on the powerplay and getting to play with 2 freaks of nature.

In Boston he probably puts up Zacha numbers. I wouldn't hate him, but I think the Bruins will have better options. Plus I would give it 2.5 periods into his Bruins career before dummies are calling him soft.
I’d rather get McDavid & Draisaitl on team friendly deals

Bruins fans hate their goaltending

Low hanging fruit

Pot-trah.

I feel like every announcer so far has been leaning on the french side. My guess is nobody has asked Matthew how he pronouces it :laugh:
Um it’s Matt

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
It’s a trade for a pick too. I’d move him for a pick most likely.

Anyone else notice forbort hasn’t played a game yet? Strange.
Had this same thought earlier too. Not sure it means much, but if he's still not in the lineup on Monday then I think we can read into it a little

Reactions: wintersej

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Pinto situation in Ottawa even louder today. But I can't find a Boston-Ottawa deal that makes sense. Would need a third team involved.

Reactions: Kegs

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Flyers seem to have a bunch of guys back there throwing hits on every shift. Bruins don't have guys like that other than Charlie who I don't want to rely on doing that.

Need some more sandpaper back there in my view.
Monty said before the pre-season began he wanted to see more physicality from his players. If I was him I'd be very disappointed.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad