Boston Bruins 2023-2024 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Reilly and Smith were awful players at that point. Forbort is a player a team could expect to trade at the deadline for a draft pick.
Smith wasn't truly awful until the season started. 16 goals and 36 points the season prior. Basically the numbers he put up in his last season in Nashville before we signed him.

It's his cap hit. Same as Forbort. Decent player, not worth their hit.

The same Reilly was offered an NHL contract quickly after leaving the Bruins at a price point closer to what he is worth.

Forbort is not a 3 million dollar player. I'd be pretty surprised if waived today that Forbort would be claimed.

And Bruins likely not sellers, so if he's moved at deadline, it's to move the cap space, would be highly surprised if he brings back anything on his own.

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
I don't think anyone wins or loses a job based on a preseason game or 2. We've gone from "Morgan Geekie's pts/60 last year suggests he can be a #2C this year" to "Geekie sucks, Poitras is Patrice Bergeron 2.0". (not saying you said these things, just things that have been said).

If we go by a couple preseason games, Mackie Samoskevich, Roby Jarventie and Josh Doan are going to be fighting it out for both the Calder and Hart. But in reality all (or at least Jarventie and Doan) will be starting the season in the AHL. GMs and teams aren't as reactionary to a couple of practice games.
…imho, dreaming on Poitras is only one standard deviation crazier than dreaming on Geekie.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Me and Lou blind submission of 13 F had exact same

Marchand- Coyle - DeBrusk
JVR- Zacha- Pastrnak

Lou
Heinen - Geekie - Frederic
Me
Heinen - Frederic - Geekie

Both same 4th

Lucic - Brown- Lauko

13 Boqvist

We both agreed this is October only and
Beecher is long term bottom 6

Merkulov & Lysell could be early Call ups
for me that is a bottom 5 third line in hockey. Great wingers but maybe the worst centers in the league. If not darn close. So glad we have the best 3 goalies in the world and a solid D.

If Poitras was to make it what about this

Marchand Zacha Pasta
JVR Poitras Debrusk
Frederic Coyle Geekie
Lucic Beecher Lauko
Boqvist or Heinen

Brown and Greer to AHL if not claimed.

I would like Freddy on the right but this worked this way and I think Poitras would need to be with some proven guys to have some success.
This a 100% what I want to start with.

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
What would be the point of Pinto? Does anyone see him as a first line center? If not then why add him? We already have multiple middle6 centers.

I think the hope would be 2C straight away with 1C ambitions

There’s an argument for it. I don’t know enough about Pinto to have an opinion either way

Zacha, Pinto, Coyle top 9 Cs

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I think the hope would be 2C straight away with 1C ambitions

There’s an argument for it. I don’t know enough about Pinto to have an opinion either way

Zacha, Pinto, Coyle top 9 Cs

Yeah, I don't know him super well either. He had decent college numbers but not #1C type numbers. And he scored 10 less points than Coyle last year, 10 less points with 60% OZ starts (to Coyle's 60% DZ starts).

It seems like Pinto has a good shot at becoming a 2c, but it feels like 1c is a stretch. I'd rather save the trade capitol for the real deal.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Montgomery, who coached Heinen at the University of Denver (“where he was our best player”), appreciates how he has blended in.
“Danton’s an intelligent hockey player that understands how to connect three forwards, especially in the offensive zone,” said Montgomery. “And his puck support has always been a big asset of his [in] all three zones.”

Boston Globe

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Montgomery, who coached Heinen at the University of Denver (“where he was our best player”), appreciates how he has blended in.
“Danton’s an intelligent hockey player that understands how to connect three forwards, especially in the offensive zone,” said Montgomery. “And his puck support has always been a big asset of his [in] all three zones.”

Boston Globe

@Sheppy and @Fenian24 are going to lose their minds knowing heinen is Montgomerys binky.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
he will eventually become an American citizen live in Medford and be called Matty P and marry a girl from Saugus - his kid will play at BU for Jay Pandolfo

Boston Globe
On of these posts is wicked pissah. And one of these posts is wicked not pissah.

Prospect of Danny H playing on a Bruins team this season makes me feel blah. Literally.

Reactions: DKH

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Poitras and pinto down the middle sounds sweet to me. Hopefully Donny can make a swing.
Pinto isn't signed because OTT doesn't have cap space.
If BOS traded for Pinto they'd be unable to sign him because.... they don't have cap space.

On of these posts is wicked pissah. And one of these posts is wicked not pissah.
Agreed. Imagine marrying a girl from Saugus.

Reactions: Kegs

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Pinto isn't signed because OTT doesn't have cap space.
If BOS traded for Pinto they'd be unable to sign him because.... they don't have cap space.

Agreed. Imagine marrying a girl from Saugus.
Easy fix, deal Grzcelyk for a pick and use his money to pay Pinto for year. Lysell and a pick should get you Pinto

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Montgomery-" We need to get more physical"

Also Montgomery- I really like Heinen

WTF
"we need to get more physical" just feels like one of those hockey cliches that means nothing at this point, it's just something to say at the podium. Like besides Looch, who I think they brought back cause he's a fan favorite more then anything else, nothing we've done this offseason screams a team that's actively trying to get more physical.

Reactions: KWbruin

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020

Boston Globe
Jim remind you that you told everyone that your team needs to be more physical this year

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
They need to find a way to get a physical D cause, maybe it s hard to beleive but this D corp he s softer than last 5 years, and management s message is they need to be more phisical, need kind of Zadorov, Middleton, Macdermid...Grez, Forbort even Lindholm as trade chips

Reactions: Fenian24

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
This is what I'm feelin' after 2.75 preseason games. Combo of what I think will happen and what I want to happen.

Marchand-Coyle-DrBrusk
JVR-Zacha-Pasta
Heinen-Geekie-Freddy
Lucic-Beecher-Lauko
Boqvist

Gryz-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Forbort-Shattenkirk/Mitchell

Beecher has looked great, and with Lauko flying around and dropping the gloves tonight I think them two and Looch will be an awesome energy line.

Heinen is playing ok. I'm not excited about this option but it's a safe, reliable play. Fits on the third well.

Boqvist is a good depth option. Brings energy and seems like he can play any forward position.

Mitchell has looked great, and plays a similarly offensive focused game to Shat. They cam split games throughout the season if everyone's healthly. I like Lorhei's game but I think the left side is set and he can play big minutes in Prov to really develop his game. Figure he'll see some time as a call up at some point.

Would love of Poitras stays but I think they let him go back to juniors to focus on adding some muscle. Exciting prospect but no need to rush.
Personally I hope Lorhei makes the team and never looks back. I don’t want to run the same backend back that sucked in the playoffs last year. A fresh addition is needed.

Reactions: Healthy Wrap
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad