Boston Bruins 2023-2024 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Andrew Peeke Fan

Feb 26, 2020
is anyone convinced that our best center grouping rn is NOT Zacha, Coyle, Poitras, Beecher?

Has anyone else show they deserve it more? Am I missing something?
Poitras being routinely, fully spent at the end of each shift to the extent of exhaustion and being half-heartedly worked over by guys who aren't actually that good and didn't expend much effort or energy to reclaim the puck from him at will. He's a really good player, I just don't think it'd be smart to play him in the NHL immediately. Patience

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
Poitras being routinely, fully spent at the end of each shift to the extent of exhaustion and being half-heartedly worked over by guys who aren't actually that good and didn't expend much effort or energy to reclaim the puck from him at will. He's a really good player, I just don't think it'd be smart to play him in the NHL immediately. Patience
That’s fair and probably correct. And even if his game takes steps, no way he could withstand 82 games of whatever it would take to be a 3C in the nhl…

But is anyone outplaying him for 3C right yet?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Does anybody else feel concerned that we're entering preseason without for kind replacements for Bergeron and Krejci at the center positions? What are we doing here? Will the B's make a move or is it just too expensive to trade for a quality centerman?
I’m sure you can find someone who agrees with I don’t anyone who follows the Bruins personally who would agree here

They been aggressively been addressing

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Will the Bruins make a trade before the beginning of the season ??? At the moment I would say No . Do they need too, to be a playoff contender ??? I am not very worried about any player being claimed that is put on waivers. So many teams have salary cap issues ,I think the odds of any player the the Bruins put on waivers being claimed are low

Last edited:

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
Lohrei shouldn't sign a lease to an apartment just yet but Motel 6 will leave the light on for him in the meantime. Poitras once again makes the grade with high honors, one of the smartest in the class on ice. Flyers goal in the 3rd to tie it was like a Monday night at Foxwoods, nobody was playing the slot.
When the player comes down in the shootout and does the slow motion lateral drag move I wish some goalie would just rush out go all Timmy on him.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Me and Lou blind submission of 13 F had exact same

Marchand- Coyle - DeBrusk
JVR- Zacha- Pastrnak

Lou
Heinen - Geekie - Frederic
Me
Heinen - Frederic - Geekie

Both same 4th

Lucic - Brown- Lauko

13 Boqvist

We both agreed this is October only and
Beecher is long term bottom 6

Merkulov & Lysell could be early Call ups

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
If I assume $87.5M for cap next year (on the low end of estimates), and sign Debrusk and Swayman to 7x$7M deals, without trading Ullmark I’m at $11.88M in space for LW2, LW4, 13F, 3LD, 3RD, and 7D. If you plug two ELC in that, you’re at around $10M. If you trade Ullmark and don’t take cap back, you’re at $14M and change.

What part of this tells you I have no clue?
View attachment 747429
Not to derail discussion of this season, but did you just suggest a 7x$7M for Swayman?????????? Holy Shit. That’s insanity.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
is anyone convinced that our best center grouping rn is NOT Zacha, Coyle, Poitras, Beecher?

I don't think anyone wins or loses a job based on a preseason game or 2. We've gone from "Morgan Geekie's pts/60 last year suggests he can be a #2C this year" to "Geekie sucks, Poitras is Patrice Bergeron 2.0". (not saying you said these things, just things that have been said).

If we go by a couple preseason games, Mackie Samoskevich, Roby Jarventie and Josh Doan are going to be fighting it out for both the Calder and Hart. But in reality all (or at least Jarventie and Doan) will be starting the season in the AHL. GMs and teams aren't as reactionary to a couple of practice games.

Last edited:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Ain’t happening- and I would pass

Ullmark 0.0 waiving and RNH took discount to stay

Bruins best goalie situation in league I’m keeping

I like RNH don’t love - plays with 2 all time players

Hard pass

Bussi is good but I'm with you - they should keep Ullmark.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Ain’t happening- and I would pass

Ullmark 0.0 waiving and RNH took discount to stay

Bruins best goalie situation in league I’m keeping

I like RNH don’t love - plays with 2 all time players

Hard pass
Agreed, we’ve been incredibly spoiled with goaltending for 15+ years and are set up to be alright for the next decade+, too. I guess it’s easy to take it for granted but I don’t mess with a good thing.

I really doubt Ullmark gets you anything of value today, anyway. With his injury and play in the playoffs I think teams would be wary.l giving up assets. At the earliest, better off waiting until the deadline to see if a teams desperate (and we’re out, which isn’t likely), or give him another solid year to prove last year wasn’t a fluke.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

We’ve only seen Geekie once, not really a fair sample size. (Although I admit to thinking we’d be better served with Freddy at C and Geekie at RW than the other way around)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad