Boston Bruins 2023-2024 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
If that’s the case why burn assets on him? Next season you’d have to assume Lohrei is ready for 2nd pairing here. So pay Zadorov 5m to be your 3rd pairing dman? I agree with you, it makes no sense to re-sign this guy.

I’d prefer they use the assets on a right shot dman to play over Shattenkirk.

Lindholm • McAvoy
Lohrei • Carlo
Forbort • *new physical guy*
(Grzelcyk • Shattenkirk)
(Wotherspoon • Mitchell)

That’s a solid 10 dmen option going into the playoffs. Solid PK, elite goaltending duo, young energy bottom 6 (Steen Lauko etc) If the PP can get going they can make a good playoff run

I don't think they are going Lindholm - McAvoy as our first d pair. When they traded for Lindholm they tried it and it wasn't good at all.

That being said I really doubt they will spend too much at the deadline this time.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
You act like this would continue if he were to come to Boston. It might, it might not. There better be more to his game than he hits hard. I'm not trading for a guy who just hits.
He will continue to hit and get shots through.
Zadorov plays incredibly sheltered minutes - even more sheltered than Forbort which is crazy. Carlo gets the toughest minutes. Putting Zadorov in that situation is a bad idea, especially when you consider he can’t move the puck up the ice.
18 mins a night is incredibly sheltered ?

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Zadorov plays incredibly sheltered minutes - even more sheltered than Forbort which is crazy. Carlo gets the toughest minutes. Putting Zadorov in that situation is a bad idea, especially when you consider he can’t move the puck up the ice.

This is the first time I’ve ever seen a player who leads a team in PK minutes and gets 80% defensive zone starts get called out for having “sheltered minutes”

This is quite the insane stretch. Do you know what sheltered means?

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Zadorov had a Clarkson-type goal scoring anomaly.

Until it’s reproduced that’s just an outlier to me that I’m not putting too much stock in. If he was a younger guy who developed his game and took a step that's one thing.

He’s pacing this year to hit his regular career average.

Looking over his game logs last year I think he put up 5 goals in a 10 day stretch in April IIRC. One game was a hat trick against SJ.

In the extremely rare event that I’m wrong I’ll own it but if the Bruins get zadorov I expect a couple big hits and a lot of whiffs

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
This is the first time I’ve ever seen a player who leads a team in PK minutes and gets 80% defensive zone starts get called out for having “sheltered minutes”

He was in the fourth (4th) percentile for quality of competition last year among all defensemen. Do you know what sheltered means?

Also where the hell do you get 80% DZ starts?
8C5FADC9-1C42-4272-A5BF-DA96BDFDDB59.jpeg

Those are 5v5 numbers above by the way.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Doesn’t seem like it would mean leading your team in pk minutes
He isn’t? He has 19.6 minutes short handed in 13 games.

Hanifin has 32 mins short handed. Rasmus almost 2 mins per game in 10 games. Tanev leads the team with 45 SH mins from the right side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad