Boston Bruins 2023-2024 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I'm coming at this from a playoffs perspective. It looks like this team is in business to be a contender but mostly because of goaltending/defense. Do they have cap flexibility to add a forward at deadline or would they need to get creative and ship out some salary? I think their forward group is probably one impact forward short.

Reactions: Bodit9 and bbfan419

barriers

Feb 10, 2020

Also, Mitchell demoted to Providence according to AHL transactions page

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I like the lines Monty is running, but if he decides to mix 'em up again, I'd like to see what this looks like...

Marchand - Coyle - Pasta
DeBrusk - Zacha - Geekie
JVR - Poitras - Frederic

Coyle is the only center Marchand has a positive CF and xG with so far.
Zacha looked great between JDB and Geekie against Chicago. He scored his first goal.
Poitras looked good with Frederic at the start of the year and with JVR in pre-season.

Again, I like the lines he's starting with and wouldn't mind seeing him stick to those for awhile, but next time he gets an itchy trigger finger these are the lines I'd like to see.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
So Heinen did the AM skate fourth line because Boqvist hadn't arrived from Providence. Dang, I was hoping to be able to change my avatar today. And also I'd rather have Heinen there than Boqvist.

Reactions: BMC

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
If I used CapFriendly correctly, if you move Looch to LTIR and send Boqvist and Brown to Providence, you have $3 milin cap space. If you sign Heinen to say $950K and recall Steen ($800k), you still have $1.34 mil in cap space. You'd be able to bring Looch back and still be compliant.

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
If I used CapFriendly correctly, if you move Looch to LTIR and send Boqvist and Brown to Providence, you have $3 milin cap space. If you sign Heinen to say $950K and recall Steen ($800k), you still have $1.34 mil in cap space. You'd be able to bring Looch back and still be compliant.

I’d like to see Steen get another chance. Heinen on the 4th line I’m indifferent to. Would be nice if we had a Greer type for the 4th line with lucic out.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

"Losing that game was undoubtedly a setback, but it was a setback the team needed. Facing adversity early on now presents the Bruins with an opportunity to learn about themselves as a unit. They can use this as an opportunity to discover how they react when the tide turns against them, how they recover, and how they come back from disappointment. This kind of experience is invaluable for any team striving for success."

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Id imagine the Heinen not being signed is specifically because they are banking cap space until something is worked out maybe with Forbort? both brown and boqvist very likely cost much less than what Heinen would sign for (if heinen was willing to accept league minimum he'd have signed already).

Ottawa D are dropping like flies and Dom flirts that Dorion is on the phones. you dont LTIR Lucic until you absolutely have to, once you do you stop banking cap space.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Heinen is significantly better than Brown and Boqvist, the reason he's not playing has to be a numbers thing, whether it's number of contracts or banked cap space.

I've really seen enough of Patrick Brown. He can be the 13th guy and fill in when you need someone for a game, but if Lucic is out for 2 or 3 weeks you can't have Brown in the lineup for that whole stretch.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I’m not saying this because it’s Heinen….but if the Habs had an NHL Vet, just hanging around, not getting paid, just there until they decide to sign him, I’d be crying foul.

I wouldn’t care if he didn’t get to practice or travel with the team, but it seems like teams can have de facto ”taxi squads”, without any penalty.

Reactions: NeelyDan

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Puts them like 34k away from the cap ceiling, looks like they're trying to get as close as possible and then put someone on LTIR to me. Probably Looch, which is a bummer.

I dont think so. Its more like banking $ at NHL rate to spend later. No different than they did last year with all the paper transactions.

or I have it ass backwards and may make the opposite effect.

But Divver is pretty darn reliable. If he says paper transactions only I respect that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ladyfan

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
Puts them like 34k away from the cap ceiling, looks like they're trying to get as close as possible and then put someone on LTIR to me. Probably Looch, which is a bummer.
Razor said on his podcast with Jaffe that they believe Lucic has a hairline fracture. He's expected to be out for 2 weeks.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I dont think so. Its more like banking $ at NHL rate to spend later. No different than they did last year with all the paper transactions.

or I have it ass backwards and may make the opposite effect.

But Divver is pretty darn reliable. If he says paper transactions only I respect that.

I think if they were banking money, they would not have simply called other people up, as those people get money when they are up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad