Boston Bruins 2023-2024 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
It is really odd the trade value people put on Goalies. They have the single biggest impact on the game, every game they play. Yet no one would consider trading a franchise center for a Vezina caliber goaltender. Edmonton and Carolina right now are seeing the impact that poor goaltending can have. Edmonton being a Canadian market, I don't give it long before they are goalie shopping.

Sure but also at the same time there’s instances like the vegas golden knights or the Colorado avs who win it with back up goalies or in colorados case a goalie who got benched and played extremely poorly in the playoffs yet they still won.

And then you have the bruins who had the vezina winner but the past two years he’s been complete dog shit in the playoffs with a below .900 save percentage each playoff run.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Sure but also at the same time there’s instances like the vegas golden knights or the Colorado avs who win it with back up goalies or in colorados case a goalie who got benched and played extremely poorly in the playoffs yet they still won.

And then you have the bruins who had the vezina winner but the past two years he’s been complete dog shit in the playoffs with a below .900 save percentage each playoff run.
Vegas has two starting goalies. Both goalies are very good. there is a good chance Hill represents Canada at the next Olympics. Thompson and Hill give them a chance to win every game.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
The only trade I want them to make at the deadline is someone who they can resign like they did withe lindholm. Perhaps that’s the other lindholm.

No rentals this year please.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Vegas has two starting goalies. Both goalies are very good. there is a good chance Hill represents Canada at the next Olympics. Thompson and Hill give them a chance to win every game.

Adin hill has been a journeyman backup goalie his whole career. Headed into the playoffs last year he had 25 regular season starts for vegas, which was a career high. He averaged 13 games per season headed into the playoffs last year.

Please don’t give me the “they had two goalies last year for their cup run” speech. He maybe be their starter now but at the time they were not a two goalie team. They were a team that was completely absent a starting goalie and just hoping one got hot and Hill did.

Last edited:

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
The only trade I want them to make at the deadline is someone who they can resign like they did withe lindholm. Perhaps that’s the other lindholm.

No rentals this year please.
I'm starting to feel the same way. Bruins have some kids in Providence who can step in if injuries present themselves leading up to the playoffs/in playoffs.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
I'm starting to ponder

"ok what actually does happen if your goalies each make 6M" in a 90M cap world that's not too far away. 13% of your cap to the goalies by that point.

It's not THAT bad. But that's about what it would take. They both agree to be 6M and a life together doing hugs till Linus slows down first.

I once considered that impossible. But maybe it could change the game like RBBC in football?

Reactions: HustleB

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

“We’re starting to see our identity build. I think the L.A. game and this game tonight, you’re starting to see us become a heavy grinding team, which is what I think we’re going to have to be.”

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I'm starting to ponder

"ok what actually does happen if your goalies each make 6M" in a 90M cap world that's not too far away. 13% of your cap to the goalies by that point.

It's not THAT bad. But that's about what it would take. They both agree to be 6M and a life together doing hugs till Linus slows down first.

I once considered that impossible. But maybe it could change the game like RBBC in football?
I think its possible too. I just don't think its very smart.........or likely.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
question marks around the middle aside, I'm starting to get the feeling this isn't a team makeup that you (at least currently) screw with

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Ian Mitchell on waivers right now. I wonder if that leads to a Heinen signing?
Seems like it. Although wouldn't they have waived/sent down Brown considering no one wanted him two weeks ago? They will need a 7th defenseman on the roster when they hit the road again.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Ian Mitchell on waivers right now. I wonder if that leads to a Heinen signing?
Maybe heinen signing to to replace the injured Lauko? Although still strange, as someone above mentioned, that they wouldn't send Brown down. Maybe Lucic will be out a bit longer as well...

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
He's too good to be on the bench. Would rather he get regular reps either in Providence or in the NHL.

They did it with Zboril and others. Sometimes just travelling with the team is cool. Plus he can play on 2b2's etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad