Boston Bruins 2023-2024 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I think they're pretty set on their top 6. If Poitras makes it, gotta figure he centers the third with Freddy and Geekie. Is that what's best for his development? He looks great now but these young kids always hit a wall in there first pro season because they're not conditioned for the schedule. I'd love to see him make the team but I'm not sure we'll agree in January when he's gassed watching from the pressbox unable to be sent down.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I think they're pretty set on their top 6. If Poitras makes it, gotta figure he centers the third with Freddy and Geekie. Is that what's best for his development? He looks great now but these young kids always hit a wall in there first pro season because they're not conditioned for the schedule. I'd love to see him make the team but I'm not sure we'll agree in January when he's gassed watching from the pressbox unable to be sent down.
Is the wall after 30 games or 60 games. Because if the rookie wall is my biggest concern then I am more inclined to see the 9 game tryout. If he's contributing and growing at 9 games then I will absolutely take the NHL development path. I think tonight was up and down but I still have Poitras earning the tryout and a shot so far.

Reactions: sarge88

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
I am so puzzled by the Pinto conversations.
What does he solve? Why do we need another 2/3C when we have 2 of those already.

Give me Hertl to make Pasta happy long term. Send them Lysell + Lohrei + Freddy + $$ to make it work....

Zacha - Hertl - Pasta
Marchand - Coyle - Debrusk
JVR - PAWTWAAA - Geekie
Looch - Boquist - Brown/Greer

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
What does he solve? Why do we need another 2/3C when we have 2 of those already.

Give me Hertl to make Pasta happy long term. Send them Lysell + Lohrei + Freddy + $$ to make it work....

Zacha - Hertl - Pasta
JVR - PAWTWAAA - Geekie
Where are you coming up with the other $6M+ to make that work?

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

Zacha - Hertl - Pasta
JVR - PAWTWAAA - Geekie
And how does that work with the cap with no money moving out ?

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
JVR-Zacha-Pasta
Marchand-Poitras-DeBrusk
Frederic-Coyle-Geekie
Lucic-Beecher-Lauko
Greer

Gryz-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Forbort-Shattenkirk
Mitchell

Ullmark/Swayman

I like this maybe sub Poitras for Merkulov to give him more time to develop some size and strength and his face off game.

DaStinger

Permanent Interim
Feb 14, 2007
NB, Canada
Poitras is going back down. Of all the prospects Lorhei looks the most ready and we really don't have the room on defense. Sign Heinen, wait for injuries and give the kids a chance to shine then.

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I want him here for at least the first 9, if nothing else but to give him a taste of the big leagues and so he’ll get a better understanding of what he has to work on.
I am not against that , gives everyone an idea what needs to be addressed , I just not sure long term he is ready and I am not talking skill level he is a player no doubt . I also want Beecher to get a legit shot , lets find out what he has , its time ,am I wrong ?

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
OK - I'm no scout but I put players I've seen over last few games in pseudo groups. Am I out to sea on anyone?

(Spoiler Alert - A little worried about Lysell - he slammed his stick on ice after not scoring in third last night. They might need to work with this kid to manage his own expectations and slow the roll. He really didn't look very good at all.)

EXCITED ABOUT POTENTIAL
Poitras (very impressed - poise and vision)
Lohrei (Like this kids poise, skill, and and play with puck. He and Poitras=best in camp for me)
Bussie (OK I've seen him play one game, but yikes did he look good in that one game :laugh:)

THINK THERE MIGHT BE SOMETHING?
Mitchell (looks like serviceable NHL D)
Lauko (I like this kid - maybe 4th liner but I like energy and feistiness)
Beecher (love his speed, liked his finish on goal. Probably a way to go but he looks good to me)
Geekie (nice goal, not overly noticeable otherwise)
Richard (not much finish but his speed jumps out at me - puck seems to find him?)
Steen (say what you want, he finds puck and gets shots off)
Keyser (OK)

DIDN'T REALLY NOTICE - MAYBE NOT A BAD THING, BUT NO ONE STOLE A JOB
Boqvist (not terribly noticeable)
Brazeau (no opinion)
Callahan (not terribly noticeable - of course on D that's not always worst thing)
McLaughlin (not as high on him as I was last camp)
Farinacci (didn't notice, but like name)
Harrison (didn't really notice)
Wotherspoon (didn't really notice)
Renouf (didn't really notice)
Walsh (didn't notice too much)
Brunet (didn't really notice)
Merkulov (heard good things so maybe expected to see a bit more?)
Kuntar (didn't really notice)
Megna (didn't really notice)
Toporowski (didn't really notice)

UNIMPRESSED
Brown (slow and prone to giving away puck to my eyes)
Lysell (wow. needs major work -- hope B's patient, you can see frustration in him already)
DiPietro (right move to cut him free)

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
Also, If Poitras stays up I think it would greatly benefit him if Marchand was his linemate as opposed to someone like JVR or Freddy. I love Freddy but his style and Poitras style I think would limit Poitras potential. Playing with Marchand would also benefit him being on the ice with such veteran leadership

Reactions: TCB

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I am not against that , gives everyone an idea what needs to be addressed , I just not sure long term he is ready and I am not talking skill level he is a player no doubt . I also want Beecher to get a legit shot , lets find out what he has , its time ,am I wrong ?

I think Beecher is probably better suited, physically, to stick this year. I’m probably as excited about Poitras as I have been about any prospect in the last 3/4 years, but even if he makes it, I don’t see him lasting the whole year In the NHL.

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad