Boston Bruins 2023-2024 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I wouldn't go that far. I saw promise. Would like to have him develop in Providence for his next opportunity.
Walsh shows more promise, Zboril played a better game, Lohrei etc...My guess the bruins brass wanted to see what they had in trade from Chicago (NHL level), were not all that impressed, better assets in Providence, and time to sign a Heinen. Heinen obliged to wait knowing this plan.

He doesn't get picked up ... simply one more asset in the bucket.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Down goes Brown

So… Lohrei up and Heinen signed?

What d-man besides Lohrei?

Advanced cap management?

A deal to announce?
Seems a bit off brand to send two guys down who can be claimed for cap management. Forbort/Lucic/Lauko all out longer than expected? Heinen signed for Lucic/Lauko, Lohrei up for Forbort?

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Seems a bit off brand to send two guys down who can be claimed for cap management. Forbort/Lucic/Lauko all out longer than expected? Heinen signed for Lucic/Lauko, Lohrei up for Forbort?
If it’s for injuries to Lauko/Lucic, doesn’t sending Brown down take you to 10 forwards? Not sure what it would accomplish.

Did Forbort aggravate his injury last night?

It’s all a little curious, honestly. You’re right. Why risk Mitchell getting claimed for a few dimes?

Has Lohrei played THAT well in Providence that they feel they can’t keep him down any longer? I haven’t heard anything to that effect.

Reactions: NDiesel

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
9DA628C8-141C-47A9-8185-2A2256D16733.jpeg

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
If it’s for injuries to Lauko/Lucic, doesn’t sending Brown down take you to 10 forwards? Not sure what it would accomplish.

Did Forbort aggravate his injury last night?

It’s all a little curious, honestly. You’re right. Why risk Mitchell getting claimed for a few dimes?

Has Lohrei played THAT well in Providence that they feel they can’t keep him down any longer? I haven’t heard anything to that effect.
Honestly blanked that Forbort played last night, thought he was still out.

So maybe it is some cap management moves + Heinen being signed? Odd for them to roll 6 D as well with Mitchell down.

Definitely some curious moves here...

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Is there anyone out there capable of healing Lauko immediately?

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North

Thank goodness how does this guy get a contract ? Seriously what an insult to Steen and don’t give me bu but he can play center cause I’d argue he’s lucky to play in the AHL let alone the NHL imagine getting paid that much to do nothing brutal..

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I think it's as simple as Brown/Mitchell out, Lohrei/Heinen in.

With Forbort and Lauko potentially out, we could see both play tomorrow night.
Who would sit for Lohrei?

I mean… I know who I want to sit. But I’m doubting the coaching staff sees it the same way. And I hope he’s not up simply to sit most nights. And why risk losing Mitchell to waivers just to have a rookie on the ninth floor?

There’s a piece of information we’re missing or it just doesn’t make sense.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Who would sit for Lohrei?

I mean… I know who I want to sit. But I’m doubting the coaching staff sees it the same way. And I hope he’s not up simply to sit most nights. And why risk losing Mitchell to waivers just to have a rookie on the ninth floor?

There’s a piece of information we’re missing or it just doesn’t make sense.
Gryz also left briefly a couple games ago, maybe he's banged up? But the issue is injuries don't really explain why they would send Mitchell down as well....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad